Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this guy for real?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Nice gaff and all

But €8 million me hole

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭randypriest

heres a 5 bed Mansion in Florida, close to Disneyland.
    http://trl.to/i4ox2

@ $129,000 (€90,600)

uc02s.jpg

So yes, whoever that loon is who is selling that house is mad, crazy, delusional and living in a bubble where everything is wonderful, the sun is always in the sky, the words "Recession," "Negative Equity," "Sub-Prime Mortgage Crisis" and "Toxic Assets" dont exist, property prices are forever at 2006 levels, people are stupid enough to fork out that ridiculous price for that house and every night he and Liam Carroll take turns to lube each other up for Property Developer homosexual Sado-Machoistic erotica.:pac:

Seriously though, thats one expensive and terrible value for money house...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

And ondly 25k+ a month repayments? SUre tis a steal like!
    The recession needs to go on for a while more it seems. Or needs to visit this fella & bite him on the bojangles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

A typing mistake surely, maybe it's supposed to be 800,000?

Nice house though.
    Not so sure about the landscaped garden. There is hardly anything to look at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

heres a 5 bed Mansion in Florida, close to Disneyland.
    http://trl.to/i4ox2

Whatever about the Irish house being ridiculously overpriced, that McMansion is a nasty, horrible looking thing and I can't imagine wanting to live in it, large house or not. Definitely not comparable. Although, while I do think that Rathmines house is beautiful, the extension out back is an ugly addition.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

mikemac wrote: »
    A typing mistake surely, maybe it's supposed to be 800,000?

Nice house though.
    Not so sure about the landscaped garden. There is hardly anything to look at

There's no way it's 800,000. Sure a good sized 4 bed bungalow in Rush (North Dublin) is about 700,000.

I reckon this person bought this place during the peak times, put loads of cash into it and is now trying to flip it for a profit. Unfortunately for him/her they're in for a massive loss (that's if they can manage to sell it at all)

Seriously nice house though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭miseeire

A classic example of why Ireland is toiling to recover from the recession while the rest of the world ploughs on.Its greed that got this country where it is today and still people will not learn.Nobody is prepared to bite the bullet.Come on Ireland,open your eyes and smell the coffee or else you will be flushed down the toilet.Where is there a Lemass when you need one instead of a figure of fun?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Ah the owner is probably trying to sell it for the same price they bought it for. (They're probably desperately in debt)

This one is just around the corner, 6 beds, but needs a bit of work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 therogue

i presume the estate agent helped value the gaff, i just hope its not one of the estate agents helping nama valuing the properties for the bailout!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Ah the owner is probably trying to sell it for the same price they bought it for. (They're probably desperately in debt)

This one is just around the corner, 6 beds, but needs a bit of work
    It's also a semi detached whilst the house in question is detached.

Chalk and cheese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hahahahahahahaha, oh man that's the best laugh I'd had all morning. It's worth about 10% of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Bluetonic wrote: »
    the house in question is detached.
    Indeed, and the only vintage detached house in the neighbourhood.

However, its the same size as the semi-d, with a smaller garden and no development potential, so "meh".

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

uc02s.jpg

An interesting thing is that its a Bulgarian company advertising an American property in the UK.

Sound familiar?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Nice house, but 8m... Seriously... Bit early (or late) for an April fools!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭di2772

The house must have a big garden. With the Swan Center in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

I heard its Bosco's old gaff and that they have their own sex cauldren!!

€8 Mill.............I love people's optimisim!

Wasting their time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭SLUSK

I guess living in Rathmines is much more exclusive and luxurious than living in Beverly Hills, Manhattan or Notting hill! :D

This guy is way beyond delusional!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

maybe the owner is living in 2004...its certainly a 2004 house price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Would that house ever have hoped to attain that price even in the midst of bubblemania though?

I seem to recall it was big news when a similar house went for 5-6 mill in Cowper Downs, Rathmines a few years back, and we were up to our tits in the madness at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I've been bearish on the Irish property market for almost a decade now (some of you will remember my posts from years back here and on AAM) and think we've a good bit further to fall, but let's be realistic. This is certainly one of the nicest houses in one of the most desirable areas in Dublin (this part of Rathmines is literally millionaires row, the houses are Victorian mansions, there is hardly any traffic despite being in the centre of the city) and I don't think a comparison with a McMansion in Orlando (very high annual property taxes in Florida, coupled with extremely high home insurance what with the frequent hurricanes) is fair. The Dublin house will always be priced at a x10 / x20 / x40 factor of what that Orlando house is, and rightfully so in my opinion! I'd give my left arm to own that house, even if it is 'only' worth €4m or less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Attachment not found. 1 Billion Dollors HA HA HA

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Ah lads stop raining on his parade :(

It is good to dream, we should all have one. :D
    I think my chances of scoring a hat trick in the WC final is more realistic though ;)

I am not allowed discuss …

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I doubt the house in the OP is worth more than 4 times this one. I know the OP house is bigger and more developed but I'd choose the Dartry one. It's much homier looking I really hate that "developed" look, imo it's already out of fashion whereas classic and homey will never be in or out of fashion so you can live with it forever.

7141af6ff37ae38378e795737d4c5299.png

http://www.myhome.ie/search/property.asp?id=KHKCX368923

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭uncanny

Now quoting POA.

Or in other words "This house is for sale, but the asking price is so delusional we have to keep it a secret".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

SLUSK wrote: »
    I guess living in Rathmines is much more exclusive and luxurious than living in Beverly Hills, Manhattan or Notting hill! :D

This guy is way beyond delusional!

I always found that funny. Even in the height of our property bubble madness, I heard of people paying 6 - 8 million for houses in D4, etc.

I always thought: "for that money they could retire and go live in Monaco or some other fabulous place".

But oh no, they'd rather live in Dublin.

What. The. ****.

Advertisement