Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expanding Domestic Alarm System

Options
  • 23-09-2009 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I'm in the middle of building a small extension, electrician is wiring for 3 velux windows, a large window with 2 openings and a new sliding patio door. My previous sliding door will be removed and am hoping to use the cable used for this to feed the new detectors. Put call into Eircom PW to be quoted €60ea for contact sensors and €80 for a inertia sensor + €90 labour. My system is a HKC about 9 years old.
    I have monitoring and maintenance cover and want to keep this but not pay €350 to have this work done.

So,
    • does anyone know where I can get the same units are Eircom use?
    • will Eircom throw a wobbler if they find out?
    • how difficult is it to re-program a zone from being entry exit to just a standard zone?
    • Will Eircom PW provide the engineer codes without too much grief, it is not the standard 4567?
    • Should I just cough up and pay the €350
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi amurray32,
    The sensors are just hkc id sensors used by most installers. Depending on how this is wired you could add them on to the system and make any of them an entry exit or not. The price you are being charged is way over the price you should be paying..

Advertisement