Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICE, Eircom and Xbox 360.

Options
  • 30-10-2009 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

First of all Hi Guys, Just joined today but have looked at the forums for a while now.

At the moment I have ICE Broadband and can't wait to be rid of it (I think most people now what their service is like). It's terrible for online gaming on the 360.

I am getting Eircom broadband (3Mbs) in a week or 2, I was just wondering how people find Eircoms service for gaming? What are the Ping times in general?

And if anyone knows where the Exchange would be in North Kildare, specifically in Carbury that would be awesome.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

Bazza085 wrote: »
    First of all Hi Guys, Just joined today but have looked at the forums for a while now.

At the moment I have ICE Broadband and can't wait to be rid of it (I think most people now what their service is like). It's terrible for online gaming on the 360.

I am getting Eircom broadband (3Mbs) in a week or 2, I was just wondering how people find Eircoms service for gaming? What are the Ping times in general?

And if anyone knows where the Exchange would be in North Kildare, specifically in Carbury that would be awesome.

Thanks.
    gaming with eircom isn't great just ok most time u only find a handful of game on any game type plus it also your phone line and how much speed it can handle,ping aren't great either uk ok and most EU country just america and further place is were u lag like mad in all eircom ok.The best for gaming is magnet and smart through llu and not bitstream that just reseller of eircom broadband and upc good but don't think u get them in kildare ice broadband is rubish get rid of them quick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

rob808 wrote: »
    gaming with eircom isn't great just ok most time u only find a handful of game on any game type plus it also your phone line and how much speed it can handle,ping aren't great either uk ok and most EU country just america and further place is were u lag like mad in all eircom ok.The best for gaming is magnet and smart through llu and not bitstream that just reseller of eircom broadband and upc good but don't think u get them in kildare ice broadband is rubish get rid of them quick

Uhm wtfook ?
    gaming with eircom isn't great just ok most time u only find a handful of game on any game type plus it also your phone line and how much speed it can handle,ping aren't great either uk ok and most EU country just america and further place is were u lag like mad in all eircom ok.

I had eircom for a year never had 1 problem.
    Handful of game on game type ? :confused:
    This smacks of xbox/ps3 non dedicated server gaming on our no.1 internet provider ...The future of gaming is non dedicated whatnow ??? /cries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

seems like nat if you cant join any game. I bearly ever have problems joining games

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Hi, I'm in Derrinturn( on the Carbury Exchange ), I just got rid of the ICE Gaming Package as it was really bad, not just for gaming, I have UTV and this is my ping 2111293.png, also I'm on the 7.6 package and this is my speed 2.6km from the exchange 607996748.png, my router sync's at 5120 down 512 up, the difference with gaming is HUGE, I have 2 360's and a PS3 that can all play online at the same time.....though as stated before with COD4 for example it depends if the host is in the states or Japan, etc you will lag a little, have yellow bars instead of green.....but with ICE you would have red bars even if the host was next door!! If you could even join games! I've had the DSL service since the exchange was enabled nearly 2yrs ago and get the above speed 95% of the time. I hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Hi again, the exchange is beside the pub in Carbury, Castle Inn?? Can't remember the name. If you drive to Carbury from Derrinturn and get to the right bend in Carbury, don't go round the bend, go straight on and just on the left past the pub you will see a little old building, sort of in someone's garden.....this is the exchange.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bazza085

Hi again, the exchange is beside the pub in Carbury, Castle Inn?? Can't remember the name. If you drive to Carbury from Derrinturn and get to the right bend in Carbury, don't go round the bend, go straight on and just on the left past the pub you will see a little old building, sort of in someone's garden.....this is the exchange.

Thanks very much. Some very useful info. I would be less than 2km from there (Outskirts of Derrinturn village).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Eircom's service is excellent once you ring up and demand a low ping, im on the 7.6meg service and my pings were terrible since that upgrade but a few months ago rang up and got them to lower my ping as much as they could. Im nearly 3km from my exchange so your well within the range of getting a good ping and download speeds if they put you on a good profile.

2130162.png

608211468.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bazza085

Gonzo wrote: »
    Eircom's service is excellent once you ring up and demand a low ping, im on the 7.6meg service and my pings were terrible since that upgrade but a few months ago rang up and got them to lower my ping as much as they could. Im nearly 3km from my exchange so your well within the range of getting a good ping and download speeds if they put you on a good profile.

2130162.png

608211468.png

Wow that is pretty impressive. Thanks for the help. I think the best option would to get rid of ICE and get Eircom it definitely couldn't be worse. And if I am not satisfied with the Ping it is possible to ask for their assistance.
    Thanks Gonzo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

got Eircom 3MB and im a gamer

Ping to Irish servers 15 ms ~
    Ping to Uk servers 25 ms ~
    Ping to NL servers 35 ms ~
    Ping to DE servers 40 ms ~

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

nuxxx wrote: »
    got Eircom 3MB and im a gamer

Ping to Irish servers 15 ms ~
    Ping to Uk servers 25 ms ~
    Ping to NL servers 35 ms ~
    Ping to DE servers 40 ms ~
    hey does pppoe settings still work to get nat1 on 360 and ps3 because mine keep failing used to be able to get nat1 easily but now im stuck on nat3

• Advertisement
Advertisement