Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook Express Issue

Options
  • 05-11-2009 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Well Lads,

A mate of mine is having bother with his eircom.net email account on Outlook Express. He's able to receive emails into his Outlook Express but isn't able to send from it.

He's able to send mails from his eircom.net account through mail2web though. I have been messing around with the ports etc... on Outlook Express trying to get it to work but with no luck. I was just wondering:

a) Does anyone know the port settings I should be using to get the mails to send.
    b) Is there anyway to check on mail2web to see what connection settings it is using (as sending works on Mail2Web)
    c) Is there any other e-Mail client similar to Outlook Express that I could install for him for free?

Any help is much appreciated,
    Cheers,
    Colm
    :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/

Try Thunderbird from Mozilla

If he only has the one account though,I'd just go directly to their homepage and cut out the middleman altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Shades799 wrote: »
    Well Lads,

A mate of mine is having bother with his eircom.net email account on Outlook Express. He's able to receive emails into his Outlook Express but isn't able to send from it.

He's able to send mails from his eircom.net account through mail2web though. I have been messing around with the ports etc... on Outlook Express trying to get it to work but with no luck. I was just wondering:

a) Does anyone know the port settings I should be using to get the mails to send.
    b) Is there anyway to check on mail2web to see what connection settings it is using (as sending works on Mail2Web)
    c) Is there any other e-Mail client similar to Outlook Express that I could install for him for free?

Any help is much appreciated,
    Cheers,
    Colm
    :confused::confused:
    Deano12345, it's not the program that's the issue.

OP, you need to change your SMTP (Outgoing Mail Server) to the same as your ISP's. All other settings should be the default from the wizard.

Who's your Broadband with?

Advertisement