Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

It's bucketing down snow here in North Cork (between Mallow and Charleville) and has been for the past few hours, no traffic on road which is a very unusal site in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

DDigital wrote: »
    Thats not snow. This is snow! Naas, Co. Kildare.:D

Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.

Yea thats deadly stuff, you had the bonus of getting all that precip last night and it not thawing today at all (being that 30 miles inland)! Thats like what 6 inches? Looks cool.

We had 2/3 inches last night but now almost all gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Sauvblanc wrote: »
    Just heard that the severe weather warning issued for today has been called off, any snow will be light and what was expected has missed us.

Ah well, back to normality!

Damn It :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭spider77

Car just rolled back down hill outside my gaff there while trying to go up!! Will be an interesting spin to work tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

owenc wrote: »
    when are the temps going to flipping go back below 0c this is really horrible! if any snow comes here its never going to lay...
    Im suprised yous are getting a thaw in Co. Derry :confused: None here in Donegal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Nothing happening in Sligo, shock horror :rolleyes:

No snow, no apparent thaw... complete and utter stagnation.

I forget what my backgarden looks like without the whiteness.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.

That was COLD DDigital:(!.....it's snow to me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Snowaddict wrote: »
    On Drive From Kilkenny back towards Waterford..

High Roads almost blocked in South Kilkenny, up to 6 - 8 Inches of Snowfall Easily outside of general Mullinavat area up into the hills, impassible practically.

Serious Snow Event.

SA :)

I'm only 10 miles from mullinavat, snowing very lightly now, not sticking really. Have only about 2 '' in total since thursday. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 roadsafety.ie

Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.

Nah, I can top that, in the hills outside naas. In fact highest point in kildare is at the top of my road. Will upload photos in a few mins;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sauvblanc

Tommo119 wrote: »
    You sure you're not on about UK, Met Office has cancelled warnings here

Nope, I'm talking about EIRE, guy from Met Eireann on RTE radio this morn. Said people can stop panicking or in the case of this thread.. stop hoping!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

loads of seagulls inland, could this mean the irish sea is 'brewing up a storm':o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭DDigital

leahyl wrote: »
    That was COLD DDigital:(!.....it's snow to me:D

Hee Hee! I suppose after your long wait I can understand your excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

GoneHome wrote: »
    It's bucketing down snow here in North Cork (between Mallow and Charleville) and has been for the past few hours, no traffic on road which is a very unusal site in itself.

Was in Cork yesterday and was supposed to come home today but because of the forecast I decided to come back last night

Kind of glad I did now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The forecast apparently is for this band to only slowly edge north and reach the border around midnight and intensify as it pushes north, but what is a forecast worth these days!

Nah, I can top that, in the hills outside naas. In fact highest point in kildare is at the top of my road. Will upload photos in a few mins;)

EEK the people in Kildare are stealing our thunder! It's time to rally the troops! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭DDigital

Looking forward to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Great pics , keep 'em coming!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

1458 An iceberg has been spotted 1km northwest of Arranmore Lighthouse in Co Donegal.
    It is 40 years since an iceberg was last recorded off the Northwest coast.

jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

loads of seagulls inland, could this mean the irish sea is 'brewing up a storm':o

Yes

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

The Curragh is epic , slight thaw going on , but there is hundreds on people up there , all sledging from the hills .

An amazing sight.

Temp 2.2

DP -1.1

Is the M2 buoy relevant to snow today ?

If so it has a DP of -0.3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

That Met radar isnt much to go by is it? we've had no snow since morning, but I've been covered in blue the past few hours! :confused:

Web_radar.gif

Current conditions:
    5211.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 BigMonsterLove

Look if it isn't snowing in Dublin it isn't snowing! ;-)

patneve wrote: »

Jaysus that's looks like a huge front heading our way - will it materialise??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

That Met radar isnt much to go by is it? we've had no snow since morning, but I've been covered in blue the past few hours! :confused:

Web_radar.gif

Current conditions:
    5211.jpg

Thats what i was saying earlier:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

jesus.

Where'd you quote this from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

The Curragh is epic , slight thaw going on , but there is hundreds on people up there , all sledging from the hills .

An amazing sight.

Temp 2.2

DP -1.1

Is the M2 buoy relevant to snow today ?

If so it has a DP of -0.3

Well our snow (or whatever it turns out to be) is coming from that direction with the east wind so I suppose it is important - good to see it sub-zero)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Big flakes of snow falling in Ferrybank area of Waterford City. Lots of them too, a lot of heavy low clouds too, hurry up and drop temperature!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

3 hours of good snow here. At least 2cm on the ground. Made a snowman for the kids at last. Best snow i have ever seen in Cork, since moving here in 1998.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

At last, some semi decent snow, light/moderate fluffy stuff.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement