Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prob with custom services on netpoia router

Options
  • 03-02-2010 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi.

I have a device behind a netopia, it has a web interface & after logging in I get a nice video stream. On LAN it works like a dream & with Firewall disabled on the Netopia I can access remotly.

I setup the custom services for port 80 & port 34567 the handoff port, set firewall to low.
    Remotely I can connect & download the activex controll software & login to unit, so all my routing etc is fine and the custom service for the HTTP is fine too, but I cant seem to get the datastream working to port 34567

With the DSL firewall disabled, I ran up a number of wireshark capture sessions and following the streams I can see the HTTP logon, then the remote client initiates the call to port 34567 for each video session and data goes to & fro fine :cool:

Any body got a good explanation (or even a good workaround) for why I cant use the custom services to allow a remote client access port 34567, is there a high port issue, a max of one custom services or other reason why I cant get this going. any other way around it.:confused:

It is a Netpoia 2247 running 7.7.0r3.

J.

Advertisement