Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Aard wrote: »
    They use guns? Lol.

(Hmm... maybe it's time for the Body Modification and Appropriate Piercing Instruments Bill...)

Guns are fine for ears though, I got three in my ears done with guns, one at a stall on the main street in Bray when I was 17 lol and one in Georges street arcade too. Body piercing is totally different though and should only be done by professionals with surgical steel. However first time I got my eyebrow done, it was done by a pro with surgical steel in a tattoo studio and it still went septic as I followed their instructions and just cleaned it with saline. Got it done again years later and reverted to surgical spirit to clean it and guess what not a bother, same with my lip when I got that done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Titanium is a better material for avoiding infection.

And guns are awful, even for lobes. There are a lot of horror stories. The most basic thing is that you can't actually sterilise a gun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I know for a fact I wasn't pierced with a gun. They seemed to use a clamp and shape metal object that inserted the lip ring as the hole was made. I got it done in the same as I got my tattoo as I got to watch them sterlise everything first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭electrobi

Links234 wrote: »
    are there any people here into piercings, tattoos or body mods?

I'm a fan. I've got the beginning of a sleeve tattoo. Covers my inner forearm.
    I used to have my lip pierced but I had my teeth straightened and never bothered putting it back in.

Dublin Ink is the only place I'd get any body mods done, simply because it's the best quality and most sanitary imo.

Aard wrote: »
    Titanium is a better material for avoiding infection.

And guns are awful, even for lobes. There are a lot of horror stories. The most basic thing is that you can't actually sterilise a gun.

Yes but as the gun itself doesn't touch the skin it isn't an issue! It's the piercing that does that! Still find it hard to believe they would use a gun for body piercing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Have a read of this

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Have a read of this

Looks like an absolute horror story and a good enough reason to put any one off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Thought I'd stick my nose in here :)
    Hai guys!!

I'm a bi girl so thought I'd pop by!

hi misticles ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Misticles wrote: »
    Thought I'd stick my nose in here :)
    Hai guys!!

I'm a bi girl so thought I'd pop by!

Welcome to the forum!

• Advertisement

Hello Misticles :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Links234 pointed me here since there was talk of piercing guns, check out this thread I wrote a while back - here. It's a bit old now but most of the points are still valid I think.

Also if you are interested and looking for more information/reading modern body piercings and tattooing (to a lesser extent) originated in LA within the gay community and the BDSM subculture within that (Jim Ward et al). Also at the same time in England Mr. Sebastian was an instrumental figure in developing the community here in Europe. Operation Spanner was also a landmark case.

Happy reading!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Yes, guns aren't supposed to touch the skin, but they get sprayed with plasma and blood and skin and cannot be sterilised properly - I'd never risk it. I LIKE my ears :D

ETA! Also also also! Forcing a blunt earring through ear = OW. OW. OW.

Jean wrote: »
    Yes, guns aren't supposed to touch the skin, but they get sprayed with plasma and blood and skin and cannot be sterilised properly - I'd never risk it. I LIKE my ears :D

ETA! Also also also! Forcing a blunt earring through ear = OW. OW. OW.

Wasn't the blunt earing I found sore it was the abrupt stop that followed it that hurt if i remember correctly lol although the last piercing I got with a gun was nearly 20 years ago so memory is a bit hazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paddy The Pirate

Haggard's Law

definitely going to be using this in a few debates :D

hi misticles ;)
    hare05 wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum!
    Hello Misticles :)

Thanks you guys, ya's seem like a friendly bunch :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Love her new song!

Didn't pay much attention to her when she first came out but damn, she can sing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Im in a situation where someone bullied me this morning, they accused me of lying, threatening to sabotage them, threatened to come round to the office and were very aggressive towards me - pissed off about it - this kind of **** is honestly upsetting

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    Im in a situation where someone bullied me this morning, they accused me of lying, threatening to sabotage them, threatened to come round to the office and were very aggressive towards me - pissed off about it - this kind of **** is honestly upsetting

jesus, that's horrible Johnny!

*hug*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

gah life

*shakes fist*

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    gah life

*shakes fist*

curseyouvillainsu5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I'm going to third the gah life post. Possibly gay girl sitting next to me in school, she's ridiculously gorgeous, but me being my awkward self I can think of NOTHING to say to her (even though I'm a pretty chatty person!) and I don't know how to tell if she likes me or not even if she was gay. She does make double Irish a lot more entertaining though :P

Have you tried dropping a hint or two, like bring up a fit looking celebrity :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

No but thats actually a pretty good idea! If I was her, between all the not talking and staring at my hands, I would think I hated her. :p

Give it a go. They say nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

lol work

Recently out colleague: 'Tim' from downstairs said I'm working with a lesbian!
    Me: Oh really?
    Recently out colleague: Yes! I wonder who it is? I think it might be.....!
    Me: *eyebrows*
    Recently out colleague: Oh ffs he meant you -__-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Quentinkrisp

Nothing really to do with lgbt issues (though the eejit looks like he's wearing makeup) Just came across this today, what a ****ing twat!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1356961/Humiliated-drug-dealer-sues-police-shame-leaflet-told-neighbours-jailed.html

He's lucky he's living in a country where criminals are treated with kid gloves, if it was china or malaysia it would be the death penalty for him!!

Happy Humpday :)

Does any other girls find it hard meeting other girls?
    I was told once I have some kind of a defence up and the can sense it :(

I dont have this with guys though!

MM lunch time :D

• Advertisement

Advertisement