Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from TCN/Mod abusing "powers"

Options
  • 04-04-2010 2:03am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭

Hi FearDark,

You have been banned from The Cuckoo's Nest for the following duration:

6 Month(s)

for the following reason:

inexpert trolling and abuse

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 6 Month(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the alloted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.
    Also, please be aware that an abusive response to this automated message may result in an extension of your ban, or in extreme cases, being banned from the entire site.

Thanks,

Forum Moderator.

Banned from TCN for absolutely no reason. Sarky edited my posts several times to make it look like I was insulting/trolling.

So I get abuse from this mod Sarky and he can't take a little bit of criticism back but instead edits my posts to say something like "Im gay for Snyper" or somesuch in post #29 and in post #30 I'm banned for it!!!

Pic attached and link to thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055873933Attachment not found.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You were being needlessly antagonistic and absolutely refusing to get into the TCN spirit. Would you prefer if I'd left the the abuse you'd posted as is? Be honest, you're hardly losing sleep over this when the only reason you came to TCN in the first place was to deride the regulars.

Oh, and for the record, FearDark never took this up with me before coming here. If he had he'd have learned that I admit the ban length was rather too much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Sarky wrote: »
    You were being needlessly antagonistic and absolutely refusing to get into the TCN spirit. Would you prefer if I'd left the the abuse you'd posted as is? Be honest, you're hardly losing sleep over this when the only reason you came to TCN in the first place was to deride the regulars.

When was I encouraged to "get into the TCN spirit"?!

Would I prefer if you left the abuse... What abuse, examples please.

I meerly stated I was with Snyper on this issue and you got all defensive, firstly by telling me to just shut up and then by going out of your way to rise me by abusing me, you only got back what you deserved, you started this but couldnt finish it. Oh except for editing my posts to get me banned.
    Sarky wrote: »
    Oh, and for the record, FearDark never took this up with me before coming here. If he had he'd have learned that I admit the ban length was rather too much.

Would you blame me, you've obviously got a chip on your shoulder and completely unreasonable, 6 month ban for what like, having an opinion different to yours.

There is absolutely nothing in that thread I should be banned for, I've often posted in TCN and I know what its all about, a bit of fun, thats all I was doing, or do i have to go around putting "pac" smileys after all my posts for you?

I'd forgotten about this, sorry for the delay.

Ok, I'm a little more sober since last night, emotions aren't running so high (it's suprising what you'll get passionate about when you've been drinking). And you're right, I got carried away, became overly defensive and overreacted disproportionately with you. I'm sorry about that.

I've been putting a lot of work into getting TCN out of the rut into which it's slid since amp left, and as a result I've found myself getting quite protective of the forum, as the snyper thing probably suggests. Sometimes I'll go overboard with it, and this is one of those cases.

I'm sorry I overdid it with you FearDark. I was in a serious militant "thing" there when you posted, and my response was unwarranted. I'll undo the ban now in the next few minutes. I hope this doesn't stop you visiting TCN.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I appreciate the apology and the unbanishment, thank you.

Just goes to show voicing your concerns in the help desk isnt a futile excercise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement