Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get an outdoor wood burner in Dublin area?

Options
  • 12-04-2010 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    was looking to buy a Chiminea styled thingy in the greater Dublin area, anyone have any ideas where you can pick them up for relatively cheap (under €100)? Was looking for something like this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Just out of interest, what's the story on using these to burn wood or twigs etc ?

I know bonfires are outlawed, but are these classed as acceptable because of their size, or are they supposed to be used with a specific type of fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭mchammer

Hi,
    was looking to buy a Chiminea styled thingy in the greater Dublin area, anyone have any ideas where you can pick them up for relatively cheap (under €100)? Was looking for something like this.

Theres a b&q in athlone and there are loads of them available right now - I'd say it's only about 45min from dublin now by Motorway. 10% off on Wednesdays for over 60s too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Andip wrote: »
    Just out of interest, what's the story on using these to burn wood or twigs etc ?

I know bonfires are outlawed, but are these classed as acceptable because of their size, or are they supposed to be used with a specific type of fuel.
    No idea, assume anything goes within reason. We have a load of logs that we use for the Christmas months but we were just going to use them for outdoor nightime bbqs. I assume this is okay?
    mchammer wrote: »
    Theres a b&q in athlone and there are loads of them available right now - I'd say it's only about 45min from dublin now by Motorway. 10% off on Wednesdays for over 60s too...
    Cheers for that. Do you mean over 60 years of age?!? That seems like an odd discount to give? If so, I might have to send the aul' fella up tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Go2Guy

To my knowledge, if it has a chimney/outlet, it is ok to burn wood in it.
    In fact my neighbour was pulled once on incinerating waste in his yard but on inspection, his home-made incinerator had a chimney therefore was legal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭mchammer

. Do you mean over 60 years of age?!? That seems like an odd discount to give? If so, I might have to send the aul' fella up tomorrow!

ya it's for over 60 years of age.. one of the many perks I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

HI all ,
    Tested out my new Chiminea today , great job , lovely taste to grub .
    A bit of work in it but worth it , heres a few pics ,;)001.JPGAttachment not found.003.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

I used to pass a place that sold them ( always some outside door). With apologies to Wayside Celtic ( stole their map), the shop is at the junction of Enniskerry road and Glenamuck road ( beside the pub ).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Loads of them in B&Q Naas today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Be wary of the clay ones as they need a lot of care if you want to avoid them breaking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 aquajoe

i bought one at www.waterandfire.ie
    we love it and its a big hit with the neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Chipbutty

aquajoe wrote: »
    i bought one at www.waterandfire.ie
    we love it and its a big hit with the neighbours

Which model and how much?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I got one of these in B&Q in Newry..very good for garden cuttings etc and will burn logs etc for post bbq campfires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 aquajoe

The GL009 model,its the main one on the website,cost me €125

Advertisement