Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is being drunk REALLY being drunk?

Options
  • 25-04-2010 1:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

I often hear people talking about being drunk, but as a boards.ie nation, what would you consider being drunk?

A) being tipsy

B) swaggering about the place

C) slurring your words and talking about stuff you normally wouldnt give a hoot about

D) Having to call an ambulance because you look like you've just poisioned yourself

ok so granted that D is obviously drunk to the point of you need medical assistance, and thats obviously classified as being drunk, but when is drunk really being drunk to you?

Pax Christi
    Stephen <3
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

When you start forgetting that you have dressed like a dickhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

For me? At about 1:52 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

Probably when you black out and wake up in the ladies jacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

poll!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

When taking a piss takes so long you start to get bored and begin walking backwards and pissing really high up in the air while trying not to get any on the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

aww im after quiet the few cans now so i better head to bed before i make a fool of meself:D still typing well anyway:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

biko wrote: »
    poll!

yeah I kind of realised that half way through writing it, but by then I'd finished writing it and couldnt be bothered doing a poll, does this mean I'll have to call upon the charitable mods to form one? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

SugarHigh wrote: »
    When taking a piss takes so long you start to get bored and begin walking backwards and pissing really high up in the air while trying not to get any on the floor.

I like to think all guys have done this at some stage so I don't feel so childish. Same goes for the old shampoo mohawk in the shower :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

does this mean I'll have to call upon the charitable mods to form one? :D

Yep you'll need a charitable mod to help you.

Hopefully one of them come along soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

When is being drunk REALLY being drunk?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There are various different levels of drunkeness from a tad tipsy to off your tits, pants on your head, soiling yourself while getting sick into your jacket pocket and waking up three days later in a ditch covered in blood and fecal matter and having the taste of raw meat in your mouth. Obviously we should always try and aim for the latter as it's more fun.

Schism wrote: »
    Same goes for the old shampoo mohawk in the shower

Hello, yes, I'm sorry, What?

Shampoo Mohawk? Is this something I should be glad that I'm not aware of? Like "Dutch Oven"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭SScope

When you think your Mam's friends are hot.....THEY ARE NOT.

My eyes ( and by eyes I mean ego and self respect )still burn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

I often hear people talking about being drunk, but as a boards.ie nation, what would you consider being drunk?

A) being tipsy

B) swaggering about the place

C) slurring your words and talking about stuff you normally wouldnt give a hoot about

D) Having to call an ambulance because you look like you've just poisioned yourself

ok so granted that D is obviously drunk to the point of you need medical assistance, and thats obviously classified as being drunk, but when is drunk really being drunk to you?

Pax Christi
    Stephen <3

When your social niceities fall away and you start laughing at the religious for thier crazy ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Being drunk is really drunk when you wake up in the morning and are still drunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY8YeLErbEg&feature=player_embedded

Aye the above I think would be classified as being drunk alright :D

jumpguy wrote: »
    Being drunk is really drunk when you wake up in the morning and are still drunk.

I love going into work still drunk! By the time the buzz has worn off it's midday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

woke up in the Garden of remembrance once,yeah that one was REALLY drunk...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Somewhere between (b) and (c). When you stand up to go to the loo, but have to compose yourself for a moment so you don't fall over.

Posy wrote: »
    Somewhere between (b) and (c). When you stand up to go to the loo, but have to compose yourself for a moment so you don't fall over.

now thats the kind of answer I was lookin for :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

When you get your cock out and do the helicopter.

When you suddenly realise you've been thrown out of the pub/club.

When you can't walk.

When you can't remember anything about the night. At all. Ever again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

When your social niceities fall away and you start laughing at the religious for thier crazy ideas.

I don't believe in that stuff, but I'm certainly not going to take cheap jabs at someone for having beliefs.

Regardless of how it makes me feel, seeing certain things.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

When I start spilling drinks I'm tipsy, when I go to take a drink (if I havent dropped it before it gets anywhere near my mouth) and half of it goes down my top, drunk. Although sometimes I spill that much I wonder how :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭A_Border_Bandit

When an aunt has to collect you from a garda station in some town half way across the country for being asleep outside with no trousers on. During the day. And being convinced it was because you killed Michael Jackson...

:confused:

Memory still blank

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

After vomiting like I did earlier.Ugh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ConmanTheKiller

When you can hear your father singing in the other room and not be embarrassed :cool:

When you can hear your father singing in the other room and join in at the top of your voice :cool:

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ConmanTheKiller

FYP

Damn you caught me :p

Damn you caught me :p

Yes. Yes I did. ;)

Now, givvus a version of "Killing Me Softly".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

When you can hear your father masturbating in the other room and not be embarrassed :cool:
    FYP

Advertisement