Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aid Floatillas Attacked

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Who was refused board?

Irish politicians and journalists from several countries. Possibly others aswell, I'm not aware of a full list.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

You can see where the video cuts and the mob go from flinging chairs and swinging poles to standing meekly huddled in groups backing away from the IDF men. I wonder what happened in between? Hmmm....

Shots were fired. One commando in particular is clearly seen in that footage wielding a handgun, whereas the others seem to have paintball guns. Doesn't take much for one person to pull a gun and all hell breaks loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

prinz wrote: »
    Shots were fired. One commando in particular is clearly seen in that footage wielding a handgun, whereas the others seem to have paintball guns. Doesn't take much for one person to pull a gun and all hell breaks loose.

True but as we've seen from similar situations it apparently doesn't take much for soldiers to sometimes shoot down random people that are posing no threat once that first shot rings. This is something which I'd be interested to see footage of the shootings for.

Why so many breaks in the footage? Why no footage of the turks getting hit by rounds? I know you can see them yielding weapons but not firing them. It is very very painfully obvious that this clip has been released to support the actions of the IDF, without actually showing the gorey reality of those actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Where is this footage of paintball guns? The only clear footage i saw of a soldiers firearm looked like a suppressed SMG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭hideous ape

Or perhaps we'll get another side with an agenda. More than likely the truth will be somewhere in between.

Ya those evil wheelchair, food & medicine supplying bastards!!!

Israel had to defend itself from WMD's....WEAPONS OF MASS DISABILITY!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What happened on the boat was a shitstorm.. the shit was placed there by whoever gave the order to board the vessel outside of Israel's jurisdiction.. it could have all been averted if they had waited until it entered Israel's water.

They've needlessly created a diplomatic nightmare by acting hastily, and they deserve the criticism for doing so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

why are they left away with it

strobe wrote: »
    True but as we've seen from similar situations it apparently doesn't take much for soldiers to sometimes shoot down random people that are posing no threat once that first shot rings. This is something which I'd be interested to see footage of the shootings for.

Exactly. Quite possible that one or two of the IDF soldiers lost the head.
    Why so many breaks in the footage? Why no footage of the turks getting hit by rounds? I know you can see them yielding weapons but not firing them. It is very very painfully obvious that this clip has been released to support the actions of the IDF, without actually showing the gorey reality of those actions.

The gory reality of those actions presumably means the foreseeable conclusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Bambi wrote: »
    Where is this footage of paintball guns? The only clear footage i saw of a soldiers firearm looked like a suppressed SMG

From about 0:50 in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYjkLUcbJWo&feature=player_embedded

I found it very odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I've read most of this thread .......

Their is a sense of open-mindedness about it.

Makikomi, you are what the peace process needs.

Ah, I don't think so.
    Did you read the post where he says he would shoot dead an un-armed protester coming towards him?

Just listening to the news and they are broadcasting the Israelis assertion that the ship 'might' have been carrying arms to Gaza. It didn't take them long to spin that story. I am sure that similar garbage will be coming from the IDF in the coming days.

Bambi wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYjkLUcbJWo

Pause between 52 and 54 seconds.

I found it very odd.

Supposedly the first troops to hit the deck were armed with non-lethal weapons, it was the hand to hand fighting started that lethal weapons were drawn. Only takes one hothead to pull his gun and use it and suddenly the rest are more or less forced to draw their weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Anyone watching Frontline. Israelian spokesperson making a right fool of herself. She's stammering away through her lies.

Supposedly the first troops to hit the deck were armed with non-lethal weapons, it was the hand to hand fighting started that lethal weapons were drawn. Only takes one hothead to pull his gun and use it and suddenly the rest are more or less forced to draw their weapons.

I understand about non-lethal weapons. I just imagined that shotguns etc. with non-lethal rounds (beanbag-like?), tasers etc. would be used. A paintball gun would be among the last things I expected!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Kivaro wrote: »
    Ah, I don't think so.
    Did you read the post where he says he would shoot dead an un-armed protester coming towards him?

No, I didn't, but thanks for pointing that out.

I will not come towards him if I see that he has a gun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

deisedevil wrote: »
    Anyone watching Frontline. Israelian spokesperson making a right fool of herself. She's stammering away through her lies.

Yeah pure propaganda which no one believes, Michael Martin do the right thing and expel that scum of a Ambasador back to his war crime scum of a illegal nation.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

No, I didn't, but thanks for pointing that out.

I will not come towards him if I see that he has a gun.
    Have you seen the size of the fecker? A gun would just speed up the process. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

deisedevil wrote: »

Ya she looked like someone trying to justify the extermination of an entire race in concentration camps to a media outlet!

It confirmed just how out of touch Israel has become, seemingly knives are now a sophisticated weapon of terrorism...damn I was chopping onions earlier with one...good thing I'm still alive. Next time I'll use a spoon just in case an IDF chopper mistakes me for a Hamas terrorist.

Israel has pretty much used up every single ounce of international sympathy it's people and state had.

Blockade Israel!

• Advertisement

Yeah pure propaganda which no one believes, Michael Martin do the right thing and expel that scum of a Ambasador back to his war crime scum of a illegal nation.

It was a she I'm lead to believe by the posters here.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I understand about non-lethal weapons. I just imagined that shotguns etc. with non-lethal rounds (beanbag-like?), tasers etc. would be used. A paintball gun would be among the last things I expected!

They fill the balls with OC powder, kinda like pepper spray

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It was a she I'm lead to believe by the posters here.
    She was the vice ambassador IIRC, the ambassador is a guy.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

I know the other vid was posted a while back, was this one posted as well?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU12KW-XyZE&feature=player_embedded

Wibbs wrote: »
    She was the vice ambassador IIRC, the ambassador is a guy.

Oh I thought he meant the person on frontline, or the show in the first post of this page.

Oh I thought he meant the person on frontline, or the show in the first post of this page.

Just picture http://www.tvblog.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Cote-de-Pablo.jpg

But with thunder thighs!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Drake66

Verey Pistols, catapults, bits of pipe and deck chairs. Possession and the use of these 'weapons of mass destruction' against armed individuals illegally invading your ship, in international waters, is reason enough to shoot to kill according to some meat-heads.

I have no issue with a state protecting itself from terrorism. However using thugs with guns to attack civilians is heinous. This was not a police action; the same as Bloody Sunday was not a police action. This was murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Drake do you not think it's possible to kill a soldier with an iron bar no? If you were a soldier be bludgened by a group of people, who are clearly trying to kill you, would you just lay down and take it?

Also how are the soldiers thugs if you don't mind me asking? They follow the orders they are given.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Drake66

The Israeli ambassador is not scum. He is a highly educated and very perceptive man. If you would care to read some of the essays he has written on the Mideast conflict and on Northern Ireland perhaps your opinion may change. The Israeli mission also sent a representative to the Famine memorial; which is more than our nearest neighbour did.

Advertisement