Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€1,000 Hankook Tyres Ireland Announce Photography Competition

• 24-06-2010 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

Hankook Tyres Ireland Announce Photography Competition

Hankook_photocomp-485x343.jpg

For Larger Image CLICK HERE (FlikR)

Hankook Tyres Ireland have today announced exciting details regarding a new Irish Photography Competition, “Hankook Calendar 2011”.

In association with Pace Notes Magazine, Hankook will be scouring the nations rally stages and race circuits to select the best 12 Irish motorsport images of 2010.

In anticipation of an exclusive 2011 Hankook Motorsport Calendar, Irish amateur and professional photographs are encouraged to submit their best images from this years events whereby the best 12 will be selected and presented in the ultimate motorsport calendar of 2011.

Commenting on the launch of the new competition, Hankook Ireland Managing Director Niall Murray said, “Following each event we are presented with fabulous images of our teams and cars in action. We value the services of motorsport photographers and have enormous respect for their skill and dedication. With this in mind we wanted to offer the Irish photography community an opportunity to have their image presented as part of our limited edition calendar for 2011. We are looking forward to seeing the submissions over the coming months and ultimately presenting the winner with the €1,000 prize”.

Hankook Ireland currently support teams in Rally, Drifting and Irish Touring Cars. The Hankook Calendar 2011 competition is open to all photographers, both amateur and professional. Complete terms & conditions are available on www.hankook.ie and submissions will be open from June 24th via email sent to competition@hankook.ie. Any photograph taken in Ireland during 2010 is eligible.

4657260635_ebbdbcaff0.jpg

Hankook Photo Competition  - Rules

Competition name: “Hankook Calendar 2011”

Objective: Hankook in Ireland would like to stimulate photography of Hankook competitors in action both north and south of the border during the 2010 season.

12 photographs will be chosen for inclusion in the Hankook Ireland 2011 calendar, with the overall winner receiving €1,000. All other photographs included in the calendar will receive 5 complimentary copies each of the A3 sized calendar.

RULES
    1. The competition is open to any photographer resident in Ireland, North or South. (Professional or Amateur).
    2. Only photographs of Hankook competitors, rallying, drifting or circuit racing in Ireland (North or South) will be considered for inclusion in the 2011 calendar.
    3. Photographs must have been taken during the 2010 season.
    4. You may enter up to 12 photographs from any single event.
    5. Submit photos as Jpegs no larger than 800 pixels in width.
    6. Image manipulation other than cropping, color and contrast adjustment, is not allowed.
    7. A Hankook decal MUST be visible in any photograph submitted
    8. You must be the person who took the photograph. No 3rd party submissions will be accepted.
    9. The competition will close for entries on Monday, November 15th.
    10. By entering the competition you agree to furnish Hankook Ireland with a high resolution JPEG (and RAW if available) for publication in their 2011 calendar. All photographs will be duly credited.
    11. Please keep copyright info on photograph as small as possible. Please don’t place it across the middle of the image.
    12. The decision of our judges is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
    13. The €1,000  overall prize will be awarded by December 15th 2010. Calendars for runners up will be delivered prior to January 1st 2011.
    14. By entering a photograph in the competition, you are agreeing to abide by the rules.

HOW TO ENTER

Photographs should be emailed to : competition@hankook.ie

The email should include:

Your name, full postal address and telephone number

Event name, stage name if possible, competitor’s name if known.

Camera equipment used. Include metadata with photo if possible.

Winners will be notified by post and by telephone call where appropriate.

MEDIA PARTNERS

Pacenotes magazine as our media partner will publish selected photos entered in the competition in Pacenotes issues between now and Christmas 2010

Hankook.ie: Hankook will publish selected photos in an online gallery  -photographers  will be credited.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

So I went off to find out if I had an Hankook photos from this year... nothing good. But I did find this confused crew

8AB53B673800451B873F65CED3D782BD.jpg
    So they have Dunlop & Pirelli signs and yet those are Hankooks on the car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Thanks Tallon. I should have a few from the Circuit of Ireland that I can enter for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

So I went off to find out if I had an Hankook photos from this year... nothing good. But I did find this confused crew

So they have Dunlop & Pirelli signs and yet those are Hankooks on the car!

Prob because they are taking part in a championship, maybe the dunlop national rally championship, to be registered for points you need to have 2 stickers from dunlop on your car during the event otherwise you dont get the points, and id imagine he likes hankook tyres better than dunlop...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Boll*x, have one but from 2008
    596FDCBAD7F4440FB5C7427575FA9959-800.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

In fairness i do have a good few photos i see you can enter up to 12 photos per event :eek:, amatuers like myself dont have much of a chance against some fella with the latest lense camera combo...

4590085680_3694f7e628_z.jpg

4590092556_f946bd3d9c_z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

There is a drifting competition up in City west Hotel this weekend. It could be good for some shots.

Advertisement