Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child ear piercing

Options
  • 17-08-2010 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

Any one recommend a good place to get a child's ear pierced.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Claires Accessories would be the best place to get it done
    The have after care and are very professional

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

how old is your child?
    i would strongly advise you against it until your child is old enough to get it done in a studio with a needle.
    but if you are intent on them getting it done with a gun then your safest bet is a chemist i would assume. at least you're near people with a bit more knowledge should anything go wrong. ive heard of the gun getting jammed half way through in claires. not nice!
    theres a thread in the piercing forum here about why guns should not be used (if the above didnt put you off enough!).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, I've heard guns are impossible to properly sterilize, and the force can cause major damage if done incorrectly.

Here we go: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055287992

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

BluesBerry wrote: »
    Claires Accessories would be the best place to get it done
    The have after care and are very professional

I hope you never have kids who want to get pierced.

Under no circumstances, ever bring your child to a place like this. No piercing should EVER be done with a gun. Do a google search to see why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Um guys when I was in 5th class 8 years ago there were plenty of kids who used to gettheir ear pierced....Jayus the reaction of some of ye is a bit much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Did you follow up on those kids and how they got on with their aftercare? I had an earlobe pierced with a gun as a kid and it was okay but plenty of others have gotten infections. At 13 I was also old enough to take care of sterlising the wound regularly myself after the piercing. An 8 year old isn't going to be as responsible.

Don't take them to Claire's accessories whatever you do, that place is an unhygienic hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I got my ears pierced when I was about 8 with a gun around Comuimnion time (sorry i cant spell) in the Jewelers in douglas court the one by the help desk they were loverly in there gave you the after care stuff in all.

I have had them down six times with a gun and have had no compliants about it the only place I went to that was fairly crap was the Jewlers in merchants quay the one by Adams not sure if it is there anymore they were rubbish no interest in the after care stuff at all..

Is it not what just works for you, you could easily go wrong with a needle too, although fine it must be easy to sterilise but still stuff happens

Advertisement