Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband

Options
  • 03-09-2010 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, I hope someone can help me here.

I live about 2 km north of Lusk village, just off the Lusk to Skerries road.
    I'm trying to get a standard broadband package from eircom. I'm on the Rush exchange, which is dsl enabled. Now, according to eircom tech support's broadband availability test i cannot get it as i'm too far from the exchange. I know this can't be true because my sister who lives about 1/2 k/m south from where i live has a 3mb package from eircom and a neighbour north of me also has broadband from eircom, both of these houses are on the Rush exchange and both houses are connected to the same physical line on the roadside as my house. These two houses (sisters & neighbours) are about 10 years old but my house would be about 40 years old and so would have older cabling. So I presume the problem is the physical line coming into my house from the roadside ( about 10 - 15 metres).
    Has anyone got any suggestions? Would there be any other reason why I can't receive BB. And if this is the reason, can i get an engineer out to upgrade the physical line to my house?

Cheers,
    Ollie.
    Tagged:

Advertisement