Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Got a falafel wrap from O'Brien's today for lunch. It was actually really tasty and enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Home made leek and potato soup, freshly grown leeks out of the ground this morningAttachment not found.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I made a substantial dent in these, slathered with soft set strawberry jam.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Today I had a hotdog with ketchup, mustard, courgette relish and fried red onions.

73o2on.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

I had a ham and coleslaw sandwich, with a cup of tea and a Mars bar. Nobody else was in the office so I ate the Mars bar in the most disgusting way - biting all the chocolate off around the sides. Magnificent.

• Advertisement

dipdip wrote: »
    I had a ham and coleslaw sandwich, with a cup of tea and a Mars bar. Nobody else was in the office so I ate the Mars bar in the most disgusting way - biting all the chocolate off around the sides. Magnificent.

I do that with all chocolate bars. Star Bars are the best for that and then judiciously sucking on the remaining chocolate until your left with a gooey warm mess of caramel and nuts :o

Had a granary bap with VERY strong mature cheddar, smoked ham, cos lettuce and I used a liberal helping of some dijonnaise which I am totally hooked on (http://maille.us/products/dijonnaise/) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

A selection of sammiches from Gerard's Deli at a work thing. They were really good, but then little triangle catered sammiches are a guilty pleasure...

A selection of sammiches from Gerard's Deli at a work thing. They were really good, but then little triangle catered sammiches are a guilty pleasure...

Ooh I love a little triangle sandwich

Never tastes the same when you make 'em yourself

dipdip wrote: »
    Ooh I love a little triangle sandwich

Never tastes the same when you make 'em yourself

Fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Merkin wrote: »
    I do that with all chocolate bars. Star Bars are the best for that and then judiciously sucking on the remaining chocolate until your left with a gooey warm mess of caramel and nuts :o

Had a granary bap with VERY strong mature cheddar, smoked ham, cos lettuce and I used a liberal helping of some dijonnaise which I am totally hooked on (http://maille.us/products/dijonnaise/) :)

Had mushroom and chestnut soup for lunch!

2 things:
    1. Moro is the ultimate nibble around the outside, caramel and chocolate combo, and then delicious fake chocolatey biscuit inside. Yum.

2. If you're in London (or Paris), but Maille now have a shop in Picadilly Arcade, which is a lovely spot of shopping anyway, but the shop is heaven. Maille Dijon is unbeatable!
    http://www.maille.co.uk/boutiques/london.list

• Advertisement

OMG it's years since I had a Moro. I'm going to fixate on that now until I get my grubby little mitts on a bar!!!

I adore Maille products and because I go to France a couple of times a year I'd normally sneak a jar or two back BUT my local Tesco here in the UK now stocks it so it's been a wonderful find. Next time in London I shall definitely pop into the store, sounds like condiment heaven!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Leftover chicken and bacon pie from last night......

65D70B57-6254-4B7A-ACC5-135B0A06B745_zpsfsrrshne.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

Boring but delicious homemade chicken and veg soup perfect for this miserable day

Sushi from Fresh and a Pink Lady apple. I inhaaaaled it, so tasty. Only starting to get hungry now!

I was travelling for work and needed something substantial so went to Pizza Express and had a sloppy Giuseppe and a slice of cheesecake. It was a surprisingly great meal. It was the only decent looking place in the town where I was working (never been to the town before) but both the pizza and the cheesecake were crazy delicious. Cheered me up on this wet, miserable day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Went out for lunch today and had a slightly vinegary glass of Albarino, an ok pulled pork belly sandwich and seriously good chips served with a jar of spiced apple sauce. Then we split a chocolate mousse that was supposed to come with 'buckthorn' ice cream (they had run out), still haven't gotten round to asking Google what that is

92c8cf34-70a9-42ac-8cec-3f4895a559e7_zps8d1d9ae0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Lamb sweetbreads in panko crumbs. Bacon, baby broad beans, peas and soya beans with vinaigrette.

77U7xj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Some relatives were over for Sunday lunch. I made the rich slow braised lamb shanks, served with crispy roast potatoes and green beans. Dessert was chocolate cake with ganache and whipped cream.
    It was all too rich for a sunny day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

We had Lamb stew today. Perfect for the cold, wet weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Was out for lunch today and had a pulled pork sandwich, absolutely delicious it was.

I also finally found those new (to me anyway) Vit Hit drinks so I had the mandarin one with green tea, it was gorgeous. Hoping to try the berry one soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Leftover ribeye steak, flash fried and sliced. Served with huge pile of courgettes, leeks, mushrooms and shallots cooked in Rendang paste. Absolutely delicious.

IMAG1524_zpsa4406156.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I went for a buffet brunch today with a couple of pals.
    I had weisswurst, bockwurst, grilled tomato, rösti, a selection of fresh fruits & cheeses, scrambled eggs & bacon, chicken liver pâté, some great coffee & a couple of Bloody Mary's.
    All while sitting in the sun (20C here today) & watching the world go by.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Finished early today, and feeling a bit sorry for myself because I have another cold, I went a bit mad making lunch. To feed me, mrs b and half pint.

0A88DE30681A48499D69378D99E1E672-0000324795-0003530589-00800L-FEBE39059DB04ECE9F5DECDCDEEE89C6.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Bruschetta here. Good quality tomatoes diced and mixed with fresh oregano, a grated garlic clove, salt, pepper and olive oil. Left to sit and mix for a while, then served on lightly toasted, lightly oiled slices of baguette. I'd eat it all over again right now. I was genuinely really sad to finish it :o.

That sounds unreal Faith!

I had an awesome baguette from a bakery on Arbour Hill Road (or maybe it's Arbour Hill Street?!) that I can't remember the name of :/

Really fresh, crunchy roll, not at all chewy, with hummus, feta, avocado and a nice scattering of pomegranate seeds. Those seeds were amazing against the salty creaminess of the other ingredients. Really delish, but a bit pricey at 5 yoyos.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ellavin

Potato and leak soup in my altime favourite I add chilli for a kick its fantastic. . Its delicious
    gjc wrote: »
    Home made leek and potato soup, freshly grown leeks out of the ground this morningAttachment not found.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ellavin

Lunch today was smoked salmon, cracked pepper with philly clive spread on wheaten!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Fried gnocchi with a little leftover pizza sauce, chopped cherry tomatoes, spinach and feta.

125owmh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Just after finishing a juice cleanse so I was delighted to eat again! Had a lovely smoked salmon salad with tonnes of rocket, cherry tomatoes, red pepper and balsamic vinegar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Made some Dark German Rye Bread this morning with the intention of eating it tonight with some chicken soup.

Couldn't resist a quick taste however so lathered in cream cheese. It was delicious!

C993A5E9-CF3D-44F5-9732-974483FE3970_zpszbojcxik.jpg

Advertisement