Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Pit #2 - Max Power1

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

In your opinion Max Power1, how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?*

*Assuming the woodchuck is listening to Metallica, of course.

Retorical eh? ...... 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

have you read mustaine's biography yet and did it change your perception of the man?
    His music is unarguably great.

have you read mustaine's biography yet and did it change your perception of the man?
    His music is unarguably great.
    I havent read it no, but I doubt it would change my opinion. I couldnt possibly find anything more to hate about him than the fact he is a born again christian. Also, he has a rep as being a pr!ck outside of the band.

However, he's probably the greatest speed metal guitarist to ever pick up an axe and nothing can change that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

If you could travel back in time what era of rock/metal would you love to a part of? 70/80/90's?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Max Power1 wrote: »
    However, he's probably the greatest speed metal guitarist to ever pick up an axe and nothing can change that!

Amen Brother!

Alright, your favourite three Megadeth tracks are??
    (I'm going through a megadeth resurgence at the moment myself)

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    If you could travel back in time what era of rock/metal would you love to a part of? 70/80/90's?

In general I would say mid 80s to mid 90s. The mid 80s to see the thrash scene in its prime, and th early-mid 90s to see the emergence of the death metal scene.
    bad2dabone wrote: »
    Amen Brother!

Alright, your favourite three Megadeth tracks are??
    (I'm going through a megadeth resurgence at the moment myself)
    Fave three megadeth tracks are:

(not specifically the "that one night" versions, they ruin it by singing the riffs :p)

& finally, an early track (it was between this and symphony of destruction)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

If you could make a super-group of 4/5/6 dead Rock & Metal musicians, who would be in it and, for the sake of craic, what would you call it?

Nailz wrote: »
    If you could make a super-group of 4/5/6 dead Rock & Metal musicians, who would be in it and, for the sake of craic, what would you call it?
    Hmmm, thats a thinker!

Bassist - Cliff Burton
    Drums - Gar Samuelson
    Guitar - Randy Rhoads
    Guitar - Dimebag Darrel
    Vocals - Bon Scott

Actually thats quite a great band if I may say so myself :p

As for a name, Ill be really cheesy and go with "megadead".

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Here's Numina's question from the previous thread as I thought this was also a good one.
    What album do you feel had the greatest impact on you?

Malice_ wrote: »
    Here's Numina's question from the previous thread as I thought this was also a good one.

What album do you feel had the greatest impact on you?

Hmm, theres a few different albums that had a sizeable impact. From hearing the megadeth version of "the mechanix" on "Killing is my Business" opening me up to the world of thrash outside of metallica, to Deicide's first two albums introducing me to the death scene (a genre of music I had abhorred up to that point as talentless screaming noise).

However I'm going to plump for sounding the seventh trumpet by avenged sevenfold. It changed me from a typical metal elitist who likes/hates bands because its cool to do so, to someone who actually listens to music themselves and makes up their own mind.

• Advertisement

Seeing as the stream of questions seems to have dried up, perhaps we could close this thread and move on to the next poster (unless anyone has anything else:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Seeing as the stream of questions seems to have dried up, perhaps we could close this thread and move on to the next poster (unless anyone has anything else:D)

Just one.

Earlier you mentioned that you're not in to Sludge yet you noted Sunn 0))) as being of that genre (they're drone). I know, nitpicking.

Would there be an album/genre that you know for a fact you'd never listen to? Or would you give them all a go and make up your mind. Like Sludge: Crowbar, Eyehategod, earlier Kylesa, (some) Melvins.

EDIT: Apologies if that question has been asked before, I 'skimmed' over the last few pages.

chin_grin wrote: »
    Just one.

Earlier you mentioned that you're not in to Sludge yet you noted Sunn 0))) as being of that genre (they're drone). I know, nitpicking.

Would there be an album/genre that you know for a fact you'd never listen to? Or would you give them all a go and make up your mind. Like Sludge: Crowbar, Eyehategod, earlier Kylesa, (some) Melvins.

EDIT: Apologies if that question has been asked before, I 'skimmed' over the last few pages.

My mistake, I meant drone, not sludge, when I said Sunn 0)). I actually do like some sludge (Eyehategod & Melvins for instance from the list there)

I like to think I listen to a band and make up my own mind rather than going by the genre (which can be and sometimes is wrong)

I like to think I listen to a band and make up my own mind rather than going by the genre (which can be and sometimes is wrong)
    Just for clarity, are you saying going by genre is wrong or listening to a band and making your own mind up is wrong?

Malice_ wrote: »
    Just for clarity, are you saying going by genre is wrong or listening to a band and making your own mind up is wrong?
    Prejudging by genre, sorry should have made that clearer!

Thanks to everyone who posted worthwhile questions. The next In The Pit installment is here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement