Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Wireless - "Waiting for Network"

Options
  • 17-11-2010 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi All,

Im hoping someone can help me. If this is the wrong place to post maybe someone can redirect me to the proper forum.

Ive just got an eircom connection in the house. Have the modem setup for wireless broadband. However, even though the network shows excellent signal etc when i try to connect a dialog box comes up saying "Waiting for network"...this will go on for a few minutes and then it just stops without connecting???

I am able to connect to the wireless in work so I dont know what the problem is.

Not sure what other info i should be posting but Id appreciate any help or advice....its very frustrating to not be able to connect!!

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 nooneuno

It sounds like you need to go into the advanced setting of your wireless card and manually choose the wireless encryption being used and insert the wireless key manually. What operating System are you using ?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

alianos wrote: »
    It sounds like you need to go into the advanced setting of your wireless card and manually choose the wireless encryption being used and insert the wireless key manually. What operating System are you using ?

Im using Windows XP

• Registered Users Posts: 49 nooneuno

If your computer use Windows XP's built-in wireless networking
    utility to configure the network? If laptop is trying to connect to your wireless
    network without asking for a key, remove your wireless network from
    its list of known networks first:

1. Open the Network Connections folder in Control Panel.
    2. Click the wireless network connection.
    3. Click "View Available Wireless Networks".
    4. Click "Change advanced settings".
    5. Click "Wireless Networks".
    6. Click your network in the list of preferred networks.
    7. Click Remove.

Then when you research for wireless networks it should ask for a key. Not sure if this is any help but try and post back.

Advertisement