Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sniper Spring Upgrade

Options
  • 25-11-2010 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking to get a new spring for an L96 Sniper Rifle, however I'm not sure what make the gun is (maybe AGM?) and I dont know what spring I should be looking for.

also, if I do get one, how would I go about installing it? I dont want to go get it specially installed and am quite good with electronics/mechanics ect.

Any help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Alabastor_Twob

I'm not to sure about what springs to get, but this video should tell you all you need to know about installing it. Also helps with cleaning and maintenance. :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPZxN4r1Lvc
    Although you do need a special tool to take the end of the bolt off, but it looks like it could be done by other means.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Saike

Thanks mate, I already know how to take everything apart now.
    And I've purchased a spring thats supposedly suitable for most airsoft snipers. Just waiting for it to arrive now.

Thanks anyway :) that vid will help towards cleaning

Bump.

Ok i really need to find a spring for it now. I ended up purchasing the wrong spring.

If anyone has a l96 spring that their not using (preferbly new and at 1 joule) check my adverts and i might buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

without knowing the model it is a little hard to give 100% advice, do you have link to product or photos?

hopefully it will be a well which means its semi easy to pick up spares as it is compatible with aps2 parts

http://www.x-fire.org/etop/bolt_sp_thicker.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

Before you do anything, open the hop up unit and check the little arm that acts on the level that controls the amount of hop applied.

If this is broken, you will need to find a new hop up unit which is near impossible. :eek:

If the unit id find, you will need to find a 7mm spring for that sniper. I got one from Hobby. I can't remember if it was an M90 or M100.

You will also need a new hop up rubber, as the one supplied is too hard and is a piece of [EMAIL="cr@p"]cr@p[/EMAIL]

An AEG rubber will not fit this, you need to get a special type which is similar to the one found in some handguns.

• Advertisement

im not too sure of the model as I've bought this second hand. But apparently it was bought from mia.

yeah ive checked the hop up and the arm is fine, it works grand. I'll look into getting a new rubber but that mean more money expenditure.. and I'm broke.

If you recall what spring you got please let me know.

thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

if your gun is shooting a little low, you can raise the fps by about 2ofps or so without a spring change, you strip the gun down and remove the piston and put a rubber grommet in the back of the piston and re-assymble. i will post pics if required.

I didnt understand a single word of that so pics would be a real help :P but yeah, im going to try the teflon and electrical tape mods too... soon as i get some teflon tape..

my spring is getting quite old anyway so i think it does need replacing nonetheless

Saike wrote: »
    I didnt understand a single word of that so pics would be a real help :P but yeah, im going to try the teflon and electrical tape mods too... soon as i get some teflon tape..

my spring is getting quite old anyway so i think it does need replacing nonetheless

the grommet mod only increases fps by 20 or so. ill post pics tomorrow.

alrighty, ill be waiting :) thanks mate

• Advertisement

alrighty, ill be waiting :) thanks mate

no worries :)

apoligies on the quality (camera phone) but you get the idea.
    you put the grommet (black thing) in the end the spring goes then put the spring in on top of it and re-assymble.
    Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

ahh i see, oh well i dont have a grommit :\

thanks for the help mate :)

ahh i see, oh well i dont have a grommit :\

thanks for the help mate :)

you can get them in any motor factors or ill post one or two to you if you like? will be mid week however before i can get to the post office, duties ect to blame :mad:

heh i could do that yeah ill have a look see.

Ill just see if the mods ive dont already will work :P hopefully its brought me up to 300 fps.. hopefully

heh i could do that yeah ill have a look see.

Ill just see if the mods ive dont already will work :P hopefully its brought me up to 300 fps.. hopefully

well get back to me if you need help
    lar

heh no problem and thanks for the info :)

A couple of small washers (shims) will do the same thing

ill give that a shot cause i have so many here

Opps, What I mean was washers the same size as the in side of the piston. Not the little 1s used on gears etc.

• Advertisement

Ok I have all sorts of sizes.. but explain what exactly you mean by this please?
    It just doesnt sound quite clear to me as you've put it

the washers should be able to fit inside the piston, the reason i suggested the use of the rubber grommit is because the rubber helps dampen the sound of the spring that some guns are cursed with.

well i dont have a rubber grommit unfortunatly, but i did do the shim thing.
    the sound level has definatly increased a little bit but in terms of power.. severly noticeable fps boost.. the one problem is that ill never be sure if its still under the limit because i dont have a chronograph and modding the gun at the site might be a bit tedious.

well i dont have a rubber grommit unfortunatly, but i did do the shim thing.
    the sound level has definatly increased a little bit but in terms of power.. severly noticeable fps boost.. the one problem is that ill never be sure if its still under the limit because i dont have a chronograph and modding the gun at the site might be a bit tedious.

As Thermo say, the rubber grommit will quieten the thing down. But as a short term measure the washers will do the job.

Any shop will chrono it for you, and if its over just remove a washer and drop back to the shop.

I'm sure non of the retailers would mind running the gun through a chrono for ya.

problem is that there are no airsoft shops nearby though :P i live out in clare and ive never hearda one, lucky that theres even a site here to play in.

and yeah i shall look into the rubber gromit.

thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Mid West Airsoft are nearby in Limerick; they have a thread here in the Retailers section

ahh right thanks!

Advertisement