Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom wireless problems

Options
  • 29-11-2010 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I got that broadband dongle off them for 20e a month, 10g download limit.

I downloaded one album, streamed some stuff, and was away for a week of the month and they charged me 60e sayin I was way over. According to the tracker you get with the dongle, I've been nowhere near the limit I'm allowed...

I rang up last wed and the guy was actually very helpful, said he thought there was something dodgy about it but needed to go through tech services and they'd ring back.

They didn't so i rang again this afternoon, a less helpful girl listened to me explain the situation very quickly, probably omitting some info, yet she interrupted me to offer 20e off the bill, to bring it down to 40e.

I was taken aback, but assured her that I'm overcharged and I wanted it sorted. She got slightly snappy, offered to tell tech services, I told her that's already happened, she said it hadn't so we agreed to go that route.

Hopefully eventually Mr Tech Services gets involved...

Anyone else have issues like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I got that broadband dongle off them for 20e a month, 10g download limit.

I downloaded one album, streamed some stuff, and was away for a week of the month and they charged me 60e sayin I was way over. According to the tracker you get with the dongle, I've been nowhere near the limit I'm allowed...

I rang up last wed and the guy was actually very helpful, said he thought there was something dodgy about it but needed to go through tech services and they'd ring back.

They didn't so i rang again this afternoon, a less helpful girl listened to me explain the situation very quickly, probably omitting some info, yet she interrupted me to offer 20e off the bill, to bring it down to 40e.

I was taken aback, but assured her that I'm overcharged and I wanted it sorted. She got slightly snappy, offered to tell tech services, I told her that's already happened, she said it hadn't so we agreed to go that route.

Hopefully eventually Mr Tech Services gets involved...

Anyone else have issues like this?
    They are most likely ignoring you from the response of the 2nd call. i would write to them with all the details and copy the letter to ComReg

Advertisement