Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Tonight could be a really special night folks !

Still coming down in newbridge.

Joe Basterdi , mild winter my arse ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

How much snow has fallen in the Firhouse area today? Was already a decent amount on the ground when I left for work this morning...

Good 7-8 inches now according to pal in carriglea. I'm in Kiltipper where we have just reached 17 inches on Kiltipper Hill. 2.5 Foot at sally Gap and hell fire club. And its bucketing down constantly since 6am, bar a few breaks here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Quite dark here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭nifheorais

What is web address for the 'scandinavian' site..www.yr...? please:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Elnin09

Massive stuff brewing in the Irish sea, think we're in for a pasting within the hour

Lucan, 2 minutes ago, near eurospar
    Attachment not found.

Im in leixlip and nothing...is it snowing in Lucan ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Arctic conditions in Naas
    God bless all those who have to travel in this !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Quite dark here now.

Its night time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Defcol wrote: »

I'm confused. I thought when you mention wind direction it is where it is coming from.
    I'm in ashbourne and the clouds are moving from the south east towards north west. This is definaty what they Re doing. Would this not be called sse or ese?
    Starting to snow again for first time since this morning. Anyone able to expplain to me the actual wind direction and what that'll mean for ashbournez prospects for more heavy snow tonight?
    This thread is an education for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 darol15

dacogawa wrote: »
    Lots of un-used road salt
    was hoping for different white stuff:p

Elnin09 wrote: »

its bizarre the village is about 3 mins by car from me, and not a sausage where I am :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Its night time :D

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Dr. Dodger wrote: »
    What radar are you guys looking at?

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Remember to look in on elderly or infirm neighbors, see if they need anything, etc. its fun for us but not fun for them

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

nifheorais wrote: »
    What is web address for the 'scandinavian' site..www.yr...? please:confused:

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Kildare/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Lots of un-used road salt

They should send it up to Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

Sonovagun wrote: »
    Does anyone else get the feeling something mega huge is gonna happen tonight?
    ya wexford is gona hit the foot and half or more by morn wont hit dublin that much doh:D

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

They are blowing FROM NNE to SSW

jarvis wrote: »
    I'm confused. I thought when you mention wind direction it is where it is coming from.
    I'm in ashbourne and the clouds are moving from the south east towards north west. This is definaty what they Re doing. Would this not be called sse or ese?
    Starting to snow again for first time since this morning. Anyone able to expplain to me the actual wind direction and what that'll mean for ashbournez prospects for more heavy snow tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

jimmy.d wrote: »
    ya wexford is gona hit the foot and half or more by morn wont hit dublin that much doh:D

I vote for a ban on jimmy.d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Remember to look in on elderly or infirm neighbors, see if they need anything, etc. its fun for us but not fun for them

Ive done my rounds.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

So how's Waterford looking for the evening and night lads? Lots of snow around. The council have done a good job of clearing the roads I have to say but they could still be dangerous later on if temperatures drop a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Just back from an epic round trip from Sallins to Kilcullen and back again. I never saw snow like it! It was a total white out the whole journey. Beautiful blizzard. At stages it almost became impossible to know exactly where the road was, only I know it so well I'd have been screwed. Measured the snow in Kilcullen and 8 inches of white loving. Andstill coming....

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭diamondgirl

Elnin09 wrote: »

its been snowing in lucan on & off all day, the roads are mad here

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Is it looking like we'll get anymore snow this evening in south/southeast Meath?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

http://www.sat24.com/gb

this showers do crazy things to surface winds as they pass through, remember the snow showers are lifting huge amounts of warmer air up into them, the local winds will be drawn to them from all directions somewhat. look at the animation of the clouds in the link above. the airmass at height is easterly coming across from wales ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Sky gone very angry looking around Gorey now and not much let up with the snow

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

I vote for a ban on jimmy.d
    wel lads theres over a foot here already cant wait to measure in the morn ya will get it if the winds change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

daisling wrote: »
    My very good neighbour is clearing estate roads with JCB and grit for last hour. Bad weather brings out the good people
    Very good neighbour? If I had a JCB, I'd be doing it for fun :D
    Sonovagun wrote: »
    Does anyone else get the feeling something mega huge is gonna happen tonight?
    Yep...this really seems to be taking off.

I'm thinking of heading down to the pub for a couple just so as I can look out the window at the snow and take it all in. It's beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

About 10 inches of snow in Blessington, still going.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Orchard Rebel

Another huge dark cloud approaching the ski resort of Delgany-Greystones.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

Boss still won't let us leave. Tallaght, D24.

Is the southside due another blanket of snow soon?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement