Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

When is this horrible snow going to go away !!??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

game on again :D started snowing:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

Evleyn just said on the 6 one news that its to stay wintery for the next week including next wednesday ,

:eek:

there was a climatologist on TV3 on Ireland AM this morning, dunno if anybody seen him on it, anyways he basically said there wasn't gonna be any let up soon on this weather

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

hawkwing wrote: »
    Attachment not found.
    Phoenix Park at 1500

OMG that's BEAUTIFUL:)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭qwert2

Hi Everyone, it's worth reiterating again the importance of keeping an eye on elderly or immobile neighbours with these conditions Cheers ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Proper snow in D4, come on the sneachta!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

What part of the country is to expect this -17?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

HEAVY SNOW IN ARTANE!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Faint swirly snow starting in Malahide

OMG did you see the weather chart that Gerry just showed on RTE news for Friday??!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Friday looks like a white-out for the whole country :eek: Gerry looks very serious tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Oulfella got home after walking for 2 and a half hours.

Ah god love him ( & his dodgy hip) Hot whiskeys all round so..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

anyone notice the window behind the guy on the street, they were flashing their light on and off loads, obv were watching the news!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

Still waiting in Donabate...this is just cruel!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

JayEnnis wrote: »
    Great stuff in Enniscorthy.

162764_461608086501_634481501_6146406_7188882_n.jpg

Go the scalders-that's the headgear for the cold.Head to Vinegar Hill with a snowboard (or a coal bag):D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Still waiting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Nrth Dublin.

BRACE FOR IMPACT.. :D:D

Joking aside. Hope everyone gets home safe this evening. It really has been an awful day for a lot of people. Myself included...

Just happy now that I'm home, stirring up a curry with a few cold ones.. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    Friday looks like a white-out for the whole country :eek: Gerry looks very serious tonight.

I think Friday could either be a white-out or a wash-out.

He said it would 'very possibly' fall as snow in inland and eastern parts, but we'll see...I've seen this kind of front before :P

zuroph wrote: »
    anyone notice the window behind the guy on the street, they were flashing their light on and off loads, obv were watching the news!

I saw that! lol

Your man was very dismayed too when it started to snow during the report. A serious 'f-ck this' look on his face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

irish1967 wrote: »
    Yep. Letterkenny offices closed at 4.30 to allow staff home in daylight.

Yeah we had some really heavy showers earlier, on par with that one on Sunday afternoon and its added another 2 inches or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭thebiglewbowski

premiercad wrote: »
    snow starved north dublin i think the IOM shado is braking down watch the showers getting in behind the island now...;)

I feel your pain. Snow started in d5 carried pratically horizontal by the wind. I have my eye on the build up behind the main large streamer! i think this will develope into a beast that will hit us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

i did not see it myself but thats great news to hear a whiteout for the country and more snow bring it on :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

And it's here!! :D xDD

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

Even the west? :eek:
    Bring it on.:D I am feeling left out :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Snow in Clontarf getting heavier, sky is a strange orangey colour. Jeez will seriously need to lose some weight when the thaw comes. I've been getting home early and cooking so much it would put Nigella to shame. Soups, breads, beef and guinness pie. apple tarts, cookies.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

School is actually going to be cancelled for the rest of the year :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

hmmmmm

M2 dew point is at 1.2

that's not good for the snow-enthusiasts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Bet on Friday I get rain !!

LookingFor wrote: »
    I think Friday could either be a white-out or a wash-out.

He said it would 'very possibly' fall as snow in inland and eastern parts, but we'll see...I've seen this kind of front before :P

I saw that! lol

Your man was very dismayed too when it started to snow during the report. A serious 'f-ck this' look on his face.

no don't say that pleeeeaassssee!! I need some more snow than that measly shower we got yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

A Few Flakes appearing in Portmarnock ... waiting for the big event !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

linguist wrote: »
    Still waiting in Donabate...this is just cruel!
    _whiskers wrote: »
    Still waiting :(
    its on the way :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement