Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA CUP 3rd Round: Manchester Utd v Liverpool (Match Thread) Mod Warning #214 - READ!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Mod Hat On

Folks this is the match thread you know for talking about the match.This is not a Hodgson in/out thread.

Dub13

shadowcomplex,I deleted your post.It came after my above warning and does nothing to help this thread.This is going to be a difficult thread without each group of fans taken pop shoots at each other before the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Le King wrote: »
    Hodgson just has employed rubbish tactics with a poor Liverpool squad.

thats just it , they are not really a pool liverpool squad , thay are full of internationals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Just once we're not hammered I'll be okay. It's hard to predict how these games will go, especially at Old Trafford. Can Roy pull off a shock on the level of Rafa at Old Trafford in the 08/09 season? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I smell a draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Just once we're not hammered I'll be okay. It's hard to predict how these games will go, especially at Old Trafford. Can Roy pull off a shock on the level of Rafa at Old Trafford in the 08/09 season? :pac:

The match was called off due to flooded pitch, that's what I remember anway :D

This won't be a walkover, something tells me Liverpool will pull something off. Hope I'm wrong!

IvySlayer wrote: »
    The match was called off due to flooded pitch, that's what I remember anway :D

This won't be a walkover, something tells me Liverpool will pull something off. Hope I'm wrong!

I wouldn't rule out Liverpool getting a result on Sunday, tbh I'm more confident of that happening than getting a result at Blackpool 3 days later. Funny that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I badly want us to win here but reality tells me otherwise. The only thing that gives me confidence is the rumour that Hodgson has said his goodbyes and this is his last game at the helm. That in itself should give the players a lift. My prediction 3-1 to the plastic reds.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

uh oh Kenny dog-leash is manager till end of season . fergie will be quaken in his boots imo .how long is he out of football now. you have to laugh.

My interest in this game has now exploded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

They'll still lose I reckon. Liverpool that is.

almanu wrote: »
    uh oh Kenny dog-leash is manager till end of season . fergie will be quaken in his boots imo .how long is he out of football now. you have to laugh.

Haters gonna hate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Kenny Dalglish's last game in charge of Liverpool was also in the FA Cup. A classic 4-4 draw with Everton in February 1991.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Kenny Dalglish's last game in charge of Liverpool was also in the FA Cup. A classic 4-4 draw with Everton in February 1991.
    he does have a bit of form for getting people out of the sh*t , i heard he dug a few cars out of the snow were he lived:D

he does have a bit of form for getting people out of the sh*t , i heard he dug a few cars out of the snow were he lived:D

/tumbleweed

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Kenny in won't effect the result. United win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

hope fergies crew put to boot in to king kenny on sunday , chri$t never thought id say that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mike65 wrote: »
    Utd walkover please!
    mike65 wrote: »
    You heard! **** this game if Hodgson is still at the helm. Even if he isn't its still a distraction in which case I'll go for a narrow defeat.

I've changed my mind! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Haters gonna hate

losers gonna lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Is this definetly on ITV1 HD.

Kenny Dalglish is cooler than the fonz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

I thought ITV HD is exactly the same as ITV/UTV, just in HD, so same schedule.
    It's being streamed live on the eircom setanta stream too, so that's one reliable stream for anyone stuck for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Anyone any ideas if the game is on ITVHD tomorrow.?

Its on ITV 1..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Is this definetly on ITV1 HD.
    JJJJNR wrote: »
    Anyone any ideas if the game is on ITVHD tomorrow.?

Its on ITV 1..

Yep, it is, just been confirmed on Arsenal - Leeds coverage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Fergie better take the FA cup more seriously this season and not treat it like the Carling Cup Part Deux. That being said, a weakened team will get the job done at home to Dalglish's men tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Can itv1 hd be tuned into other channels on sky or is it still just itv hd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I got the codes off a Boardsie cant remember who though.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Can itv1 hd be tuned into other channels on sky or is it still just itv hd
    Check here for the codes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Check here for the codes

Cheers,I was looking for that thread,must have had a name change,I couldn't find it

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Cheers,I was looking for that thread,must have had a name change,I couldn't find it
    No bother. Considering hi-jacking the HD box the parents have in the sitting room for the match. They don't even have it hooked up to a HDTV!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Xavi6 wrote: »
    They are, but with United having extra games to play as it is it actually suits us better to have them playing on as many fronts as possible for the forseeable future.

You can stay in the cup until the quarters but no more ;)

By that logic should you not want to see a draw?

I'm not trying to start a petty argument at all it just surprises me that you're up for Utd. It also surprises me that you'd refer to us as one of your rivals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

If anybody thought that Fergie was going to put out a weakened team, think again. This will be full strength United tomorrow after Daglish's appointment. I expect

VDS
    --Rafael---Ferdinand--Vidic
    Evra-
    Carrick----Fletcher
    -Nani
    Anderson
    Rooney-
    Berbatov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

p.s. If I was a City fan, I would also be rooting for United. The more games that we play, the more rotation that we will have to do. The ideal result for a City fan is that United get to the finals of the FA Cup and the CL, and lose. Personally, I'd be of the same opinion, although I'd prefer them to go out in the semis of the CL, just to stop the risk :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

PHB wrote: »
    p.s. If I was a City fan, I would also be rooting for United. The more games that we play, the more rotation that we will have to do. The ideal result for a City fan is that United get to the finals of the FA Cup and the CL, and lose. Personally, I'd be of the same opinion, although I'd prefer them to go out in the semis of the CL, just to stop the risk :)

If City get to the semi-finals of the CL then they deserve to win it, tbh.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

The FA Cup is famous for giving us shocks, thats why im goin for a 1-0 win for united , united winning by only 1 goal would be massive shock:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

absolutely buzzing for this game tomorrow, heading out now to celebrate the departure of Roy (god bless him).
    will be great to see the knight Alex bow before the king kenny:p

absolutely buzzing for this game tomorrow, heading out now to celebrate the departure of Roy (god bless him).

sorry but i cant get this image out of my head now mwaah ha ha

nehj52.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

I'll say one thing for most Pool fans, they have great hope and optimism.

There's no doubt but today's change in management has brought some serious extra bite to this fixture. Can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

devilandliver_design.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

PHB wrote: »
    If anybody thought that Fergie was going to put out a weakened team, think again. This will be full strength United tomorrow after Daglish's appointment. I expect

VDS
    --Rafael---Ferdinand--Vidic
    Evra-
    Carrick----Fletcher
    -Nani
    Anderson
    Rooney-
    Berbatov
    I don't know.

I know Fergie will most likely put out a full strength team, but what if he put out a reserves team, if we win, it completely demoralises Liverpool, and if we lose, it's only a reserve team, so they can't hold it as a massive victory for the club really.

I wouldn't mind getting knocked out as I'd prefer to see Utd concentrate on the EPL and CL alone, but that said, I hate losing to Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I don't know.

I know Fergie will most likely put out a full strength team, but what if he put out a reserves team, if we win, it completely demoralises Liverpool, and if we lose, it's only a reserve team, so they can't hold it as a massive victory for the club really.

I wouldn't mind getting knocked out as I'd prefer to see Utd concentrate on the EPL and CL alone, but that said, I hate losing to Liverpool.

Fergie has already gone on record by saying he wont be making the same mistake as he did against leeds last season and field a weakened team, he has no reason too either because the spurs match isnt till the following sunday

The team I think he will go with tomorrow is

vds
    rafael-rio-vidic-evra-
    nani-carrick-fletcher-giggs
    ---rooney----berbatov---

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ah, the good old days when the FA Cup was like winning champions league.

Not so, anymore.

But United v liverpool changes that for one round at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

The condescension (that's when you talk down to people) in this thread is marvelous!

Fergie has already gone on record by saying he wont be making the same mistake as he did against leeds last season and field a weakened team, he has no reason too either because the spurs match isnt till the following sunday

The team I think he will go with tomorrow is

vds
    rafael-rio-vidic-evra-
    nani-carrick-fletcher-giggs
    ---rooney----berbatov---

is J S Park injured ? tought he would be perfect for this fixture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

is J S Park injured ? tought he would be perfect for this fixture.

He's playing at the Asian Cup. Gone for 7 or so games.

mars bar wrote: »
    He's playing at the Asian Cup. Gone for 7 or so games.
    now wonder im propping up the table on my fantasy team.

ncdxtj.jpg

13 hours away, who else is fúcking excited??

Shame i'll be in work relying on good old bbc text updates :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    13 hours away, who else is fúcking excited??

Shame i'll be in work relying on good old bbc text updates :(
    In that case wtf are you excited for?

In that case wtf are you excited for?

Because I'm going to try stream it for as long as I can before getting told off, and I love the buzz when we play Pool, that and I have it set to record to watch it when I get home.

Didn't know I needed reasons to be looking forward to the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Good luck tomrrow to one and more.

Hoping this thread isn't too big a train wreck with minimal bannings on either side.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement