Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clubfitting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

So that's why you changed your grip.... so FG wouldn't recognise you ;)

Great to hear of that level of service.
    Over the last few months, I have went from not even thinking about a fitting (in fact being against it in a stubborn kinda way) to a seriously considering it...next year maybe...if I can resist till then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

I've long been a supporter of fore golf having bring fitted there for irons and woods over the past 4 years or so. However a recent dealing with them left a particularly sour taste.
    I rang to order a wedge which I wanted to be built to my custom specs ( fg tour 58 wedge with kbs tour stiff shaft) when the club arrived I noticed a dynamic gold sticker on the shaft. I contacted fore golf and in fairness they sent a courier for the club and agreed to reshaft it for me... Problem solved, or so I thought...
    Prior to returning the club, I marked the shaft using a sharpie with a number of tiny dots at various points. Don't ask me why I did it, I guess more for peace of mind that I would know for sure it was changed. Lo and behold when the club returned, the sticker was gone but the black dots remained. Needless to say I was absolutely disgusted and exchanged some extremely heated words with fore golf... In the heel of the hunt I cut my losses and got the club reshafted at my own expense in a local pro shop.
    I was going to keep this off of boards but having seen a few other poster complaining of issues I felt justified in sharing my story. Like I said, a quick post search will show my glowing references for fore golf in the past, so needless to say the whole thing left me very disappointed. Buyer beware....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

PARlance wrote: »
    So that's why you changed your grip.... so FG wouldn't recognise you ;)

Great to hear of that level of service.
    Over the last few months, I have went from not even thinking about a fitting (in fact being against it in a stubborn kinda way) to a seriously considering it...next year maybe...if I can resist till then.

Believe it or not AJ I changed my grip the day after I had that fitting based on the advice I got from Derek. He knows his stuff and edged me towards the light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭Russman

I have to admit to being somewhat on the fence with regard to FG and "hand built to your specs" etc. Maybe that's just me being cynical or naive.

However I do think the fitting service they provide is top notch and they certainly IMO seem to do what's best for the golfer as opposed to just making a sale. I had a fitting last year and there was no hint of a sales pitch or anything like that, just good data. It was left totally up to me as to what I did. As it happens I did nothing as injury knocked out a lot of my summer last year.
    I brought my dad down for a driver fitting a few weeks later and they were good enough to a) remember me and b) after going through the 30 mins fitting, tell my dad that his own driver was perfect for him and there was nothing really to be gained by changing, they tweaked the settings a little and that was that. Kudos for that IMO.

I have a voucher for the one hour full bag assessment (or whatever its called) and can't wait to use it in a few months. I'll be coming back from 7 months off so it'll be interesting to see what the numbers show. I feel a SLDR may well be calling my name and I want to see if this "loft up" craic is all its made out to be :) (although Taylor Made will probably have a new one out by then !). Might go to more forgiving irons too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

levitronix wrote: »
    Just back from a visit to foregolf and I can say I will never be back with them again !
    I had a Titleist 3 wood and taylormade hybrid reshafted by them a few weeks ago, the clubs perform perfect the fitting was spot on but the quality of work done by them is brutal.
    My 3 wood was reshafted reusing the titleist surefit adapter which is fine but the ferrule they put on the end of the shaft is a joke ... the finished job looks like something you would of got done by local pro 20 years ago !!
    Today I was with them ready to get my driver reshafted and my 3 iron but before I was ready to pay the deposit I asked to speak to the club fitter asking could they use a better fitting ferrule when doing the driver reshaft. That's where it went down hill, apparently they cant source the correct replacement parts to give you back the clubs as you wanted them, this is what the fitter told me !
    Attachment not found.

From the attached picture you can see the small ferrule and its covered still in epoxy I could of done a better job my self!

If things had of gone well today I was ready to order my mizuno mp 54 4-pw but the impression I got from the women who worked reception was that they come from mizuno made up !! when you order certain brands !! anything except taylormade !!

Im my opinion this is not precision club making

Well heres a follow up of the bad experience i had with foregolf.
    Once Derek was aware of the problem i had the service couldnt of been better, he seemed to go out of way to hiw way to get me what i wanted.
    My 3 wood was reshafted with what looked to be a new shaft rather than a pull and refitt and a titleist oem ferrule, Driver was reshafted the same way, I was also now fully confident to have my 3 iron reshafted.

297444.PNG

All together my feelings about foregolf have swung 180' now that i have some course time with my new clubs!
    I never doubted the fitting done by dave, and right now im amazed by my 3 iron now, its transformed my mizuno mp h4 into a 230 yards fairway finder. And it bombs in the wind !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

Benny Cake wrote: »
    I've long been a supporter of fore golf having bring fitted there for irons and woods over the past 4 years or so. However a recent dealing with them left a particularly sour taste.
    I rang to order a wedge which I wanted to be built to my custom specs ( fg tour 58 wedge with kbs tour stiff shaft) when the club arrived I noticed a dynamic gold sticker on the shaft. I contacted fore golf and in fairness they sent a courier for the club and agreed to reshaft it for me... Problem solved, or so I thought...
    Prior to returning the club, I marked the shaft using a sharpie with a number of tiny dots at various points. Don't ask me why I did it, I guess more for peace of mind that I would know for sure it was changed. Lo and behold when the club returned, the sticker was gone but the black dots remained. Needless to say I was absolutely disgusted and exchanged some extremely heated words with fore golf... In the heel of the hunt I cut my losses and got the club reshafted at my own expense in a local pro shop.
    I was going to keep this off of boards but having seen a few other poster complaining of issues I felt justified in sharing my story. Like I said, a quick post search will show my glowing references for fore golf in the past, so needless to say the whole thing left me very disappointed. Buyer beware....

This is a joke, if somebody was willing to do that imagine what else is possible.

Did you get your money back?

Seems like you were small potatoes and not worth the hassle of actually doing what you paid for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭benny79

lads Im off 21HC is it worth going to FG? Been playing golf for about 6 years now and cant seem to break 90 at all. I said this year Im really going to give a 100% to my game and play more.
    I really struggle with my driver ever since I changed from the R7 a few years ago, and have gone threw a few drivers since but still struggle. A lad i know who used to play off 22 bought a set of blades(second hand might I add) and got down to 12 and is still improving(over time obviously). He said it a took a while to learn to hit them but once you get used to them you improve much quicker, as game improvements irons just cover over the cracks in your swing...

I have gone down the lessons route and get them regularly~( my pro still cant understand how im off 21! and keeps saying it must be in my head). Recently got a lend of an old set of irons and am hitting them way better than my more up to date game improver irons, creaming the 3 & 4i !!! was told they are a inch longer than standard but im only 5'11' anyway my birthday is coming up and was wondering are they worth it or is my HC to high and should wait to get it down if I ever will :(...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

benny79 wrote: »
    lads Im off 21HC is it worth going to FG? Been playing golf for about 6 years now and cant seem to break 90 at all. I said this year Im really going to give a 100% to my game and play more.
    I really struggle with my driver ever since I changed from the R7 a few years ago, and have gone threw a few drivers since but still struggle. A lad i know who used to play off 22 bought a set of blades(second hand might I add) and got down to 12 and is still improving(over time obviously). He said it a took a while to learn to hit them but once you get used to them you improve much quicker, as game improvements irons just cover over the cracks in your swing...

I have gone down the lessons route and get them regularly~( my pro still cant understand how im off 21! and keeps saying it must be in my head). Recently got a lend of an old set of irons and am hitting them way better than my more up to date game improver irons, creaming the 3 & 4i !!! was told they are a inch longer than standard but im only 5'11' anyway my birthday is coming up and was wondering are they worth it or is my HC to high and should wait to get it down if I ever will :(...

Sure go for the fitting and see. There is no obligation to buy and the experience is well worth 100 euro in my opinion. I would also consider seeing another pro if he doesn't know what you are doing wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭delboykelly

I went about to Foregolf about 6 weeks ago. I had read a lot about them so had an idea of what the fitting would be like. They are extreamly friendly up there. The fitting alone is worth doing for €100. Best money I ever spent. The difference in feel, strike and accuracy with the iron fitting was so good to do. As Dave kept changing the iron shafts I started to get a better strike and feel. The major difference for me was the woods. I have RBZ 22* Hybrid, RBZ 3 wood and RBZ driver. I hit a number of different shaft types on the woods and after a few different shaft options I started to really hit it sweet and straight. I'm not a big hitter about 250 on a good drive. For me my bad shots were always a big slice, this was partially a swing fault but the club plays a part too.

So I finished my fitting and Dave said I should hold on to all my club heads including the iron heads. They are Cleveland CG16 irons so they are new enough. They stuck in Project X 6.5 Rifle shafts in the irons. In the woods they put in a Miyazaki Kusala Blue 56g mid kick shaft. The 3 wood has a Aldila Tour Green 65g shaft, and the hybrid has a Fujikura Motore F1 80g shaft.

It took me a few rounds to get used to them but with each round I'm getting better and more used to them. The day I picked them up I played a society outing in Powerscourt East and had 42 points off 17hcp. I'm down to 14.7hcp now and I'm playing really well. Im hitting the irons well, my accuracy has inproved with them a lot. The main difenence I've noticed it with the woods. I now have to confidence to murder the 3 wood about 240 straight down the fairway no problem. And the driver I find way easier to keep straight and I can shape my drives now(some days!!). I find now if I have a bad day with any club I know for a fact it's not the club and it's completely my crap swing.

The fitting was the best money I've spent since I started playing golf about 5 years ago. I bought a lot of clubs, wedges, drivers off the shelf and I'll know for a fact that I never will do that again. A correct fitting is the way to go, no question.

As for Foregolf, they might be a bit more expensive than getting a fitting in some other places but personally I think it was worth it. I'll be back to them again but hopefully not too soon because it was a good auld chunk of money to part with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I was thinking of going here myself but tbh I couldn't afford to pay for a whole new set in one go. My own club said if I bought a set I could spread it out over the year. Do you think I should just straight out say I just want a fitting and how close a match could I get to the clubs they recommend to ones I could get in my club shop. I'd like to put some money into my golf. I'm off 12 and only have a 15 year old set of mizuno's and a G2 ping driver.

niallo27 wrote: »
    I was thinking of going here myself but tbh I couldn't afford to pay for a whole new set in one go. My own club said if I bought a set I could spread it out over the year. Do you think I should just straight out say I just want a fitting and how close a match could I get to the clubs they recommend to ones I could get in my club shop. I'd like to put some money into my golf. I'm off 12 and only have a 15 year old set of mizuno's and a G2 ping driver.

A complete new set of irons could be about €700. Plus a driver and woods I'd say add another 700. And the fitting €100. I got "fitted" before by a pro in a golf shop near where I live and it wasn't even remotely like the fitting from Foregolf. He just handed me a set of irons and said they suited me and I believed him. I'll put it this way, when I started playing a few years ago I wasn't sure if I'd stick at it. Since then I've purchased about 3 drivers, 2 sets of irons and a few different wedges/putters. If I'd just went and got fitted in the first place I'd have saved a lot of time and effort. If your off 12 and you get a fit with these guys I'd be surprised if you weren't off 8 by next year. I think a company that specifically does fitting is going to be better than a pro shop or a golf shop.

The best advice I can give is go do the fitting for €100 and decide then. You won't be disappointed. After that you can see what fits your budget, maybe just get a driver or just the irons to start. And maybe to compare you could see if you could get a free fitting in a Golf shop too just to see the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

A complete new set of irons could be about €700. Plus a driver and woods I'd say add another 700. And the fitting €100. I got "fitted" before by a pro in a golf shop near where I live and it wasn't even remotely like the fitting from Foregolf. He just handed me a set of irons and said they suited me and I believed him. I'll put it this way, when I started playing a few years ago I wasn't sure if I'd stick at it. Since then I've purchased about 3 drivers, 2 sets of irons and a few different wedges/putters. If I'd just went and got fitted in the first place I'd have saved a lot of time and effort. If your off 12 and you get a fit with these guys I'd be surprised if you weren't off 8 by next year. I think a company that specifically does fitting is going to be better than a pro shop or a golf shop.

The best advice I can give is go do the fitting for €100 and decide then. You won't be disappointed. After that you can see what fits your budget, maybe just get a driver or just the irons to start. And maybe to compare you could see if you could get a free fitting in a Golf shop too just to see the difference.

Thanks I totally agree I would be better off going to foregolf I'm just not in a position to hand over 700 euro at the moment.

when I get a lesson of my pro he just adjusts something small and after about 5 mins I'm hitting it sweet with maybe the odd bad 1 here and there which I feel the lesson is wasted(as I should be able to sort it out myself) but he does say I have to prastice it with reputition, reputition, reputtition.

its just I have heard my HC might be to high and I wont get the benefit. or would probably have to go back and change again in a year or 2.
    I think I might just go to the fitting and see.

niallo27 wrote: »

The fitting aspect of Foregolf is excellent IMO, really super service. However, IMO any competent pro will be able to build the clubs to the specs they (FG) would. Sourcing the parts, if they are extremely high-end, or if FG are the sole agent, might be another issue entirely.

Edit: ok maybe not just any competent pro, but a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭rollotomasi

I would get your current irons checked for lie angle (and grip thickness) and get a lesson or two with a pro who uses Trackman. If the Trackman numbers are good and consistent, then consider changing your clubs. If the Trackman numbers show some things that can be improved on with some targeted lessons, do some work and then get fitted for new clubs.
    What you don't want is to 'fix' some flaws in your current swing with new clubs as when you improve in the future, the new clubs might not suit.

• Advertisement

Russman wrote: »
    The fitting aspect of Foregolf is excellent IMO, really super service. However, IMO any competent pro will be able to build the clubs to the specs they (FG) would. Sourcing the parts, if they are extremely high-end, or if FG are the sole agent, might be another issue entirely.

Edit: ok maybe not just any competent pro, but a good one.

Is foregolf not one of the few companies in Europe that the manufacturers sell components to? As in they sell the head of the club and nothing else to them. Where as a pro fitter for mizuno will have the fitting heads but he sends away for the actual clubs and doesn't build them himself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

(and grip thickness)

As a beginner, regripping my clubs with additional tape has made a massive difference to how i hit the ball. Both in terms of direction and distance.

etxp wrote: »
    Is foregolf not one of the few companies in Europe that the manufacturers sell components to? As in they sell the head of the club and nothing else to them. Where as a pro fitter for mizuno will have the fitting heads but he sends away for the actual clubs and doesn't build them himself?

Yes, but a pro who's good at repairs etc would be able to fit a head and shaft together just as well as FG IMHO. Obviously where FG excel is the actual fitting process, most pros don't have launch monitors and all the different heads and shafts to try.

Russman wrote: »
    Yes, but a pro who's good at repairs etc would be able to fit a head and shaft together just as well as FG IMHO. Obviously where FG excel is the actual fitting process, most pros don't have launch monitors and all the different heads and shafts to try.

Yes but where would they get the head from? If you you weren't reshafting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

In the woods they put in a Miyazaki Kusala Blue 56g mid kick shaft.

I've seen a lot of golfers coming from Fore Golf with this shaft lately. Anybody else? What does it play like?

• Advertisement

I've seen a lot of golfers coming from Fore Golf with this shaft lately. Anybody else? What does it play like?

It's really good for me anyway. Played today and drove the ball really well. I can't give you a good description of it other than it works for me. The only thing I would change is the Winn Dry Tac grips. I put them on every club and they are starting to show signs of wear already. Especially the driver. They are a lovely grip but they don't seem to last long.

Also on the grip issue. When I got fitted David noticed a worn patch on my golf glove and said my grips were needed another layer of grip tape. I've noticed since they re-gripped them that the glove doesn't wear away and the club feels more secure and controlled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Anyone know if these guys will take GUI vouchers against fitting/purchase?

I sent Derek a tweet asking, should be back shortly with an answer!

etxp wrote: »
    Yes but where would they get the head from? If you you weren't reshafting.

Ahh yeah, FG obviously can get the new clubs/components, I was referring really to reshafting. I guess a local pro might do a deal if you bought a new club that had a decent shaft already in it and wanted to swap it out for something.

They don't at the moment but are looking in to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭joebloggs123

What sort of prices are people paying for iron sets at fore golf? I'm interested in getting fitted but want to make sure I can afford it before heading over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

What sort of prices are people paying for iron sets at fore golf? I'm interested in getting fitted but want to make sure I can afford it before heading over

Seem to charge RRP in a lot of cases :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭big_drive

Pretty standard really with the price from what i've seen. Maybe a little bit extra but good considering little things like getting to pick whatever grip you want. For example Multi compounds would be approx €15 each if you'd to regrip a full set

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭sandyhills

I set up a new thread but probably should have posted it here. Just wondering has anyone been fitted for the Hakusa wedges in Foregolf? Are they worth the extra money??

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90993765#post90993765

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

sandyhills wrote: »
    I set up a new thread but probably should have posted it here. Just wondering has anyone been fitted for the Hakusa wedges in Foregolf? Are they worth the extra money??

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90993765#post90993765

I believe the low boards member Gorfield had these and was impressed
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78581196
    However I think I remember since reading that he changed out his wedges mainly due to the stiff shafts that were fitted. They weren't necessarily wrong for him but I think he got more feel from a softer shaft. Not sure why he didn't put the softer shafts in the Hakusa wedges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭sandyhills

I believe the low boards member Gorfield had these and was impressed
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78581196
    However I think I remember since reading that he changed out his wedges mainly due to the stiff shafts that were fitted. They weren't necessarily wrong for him but I think he got more feel from a softer shaft. Not sure why he didn't put the softer shafts in the Hakusa wedges.

Thanks for that. I was in Bunclody yesterday and I was talking to Gary McClean there and he has a great set up for lessons and is doing custom fitting so might give that a go for the wedges as the Hakusa are abit out of my price range for the amount of times I play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Just thinking yesterday after going out for a few holes how well my clubs suit me after a fitting with Foregolf.
    I can complain all I like with the way I play but I can't complain about the clubs.

Has your hc dropped much since you received your new clubs of them I have a fitting with them on Thursday cant wait its something I have wanted to do for a very long time but cud never justify the money but life is short :)

Has your hc dropped much since you received your new clubs of them I have a fitting with them on Thursday cant wait its something I have wanted to do for a very long time but cud never justify the money but life is short :)

Down from 17.2 to 14.0 since April 10th when I got my new clubs from foregolf. Could not be more happier with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mickelson

going tuesday.......looking forward to it

Just a update lads had a fit yesterday. really is an eye opener! the difference in my irons alone! Tried many different types of shafts and heads etc the stat's on the computer behind you tell you everything swing speed, spin, distance, carry even the type of shot, draw, fade, hook, slice, block hook!

even the difference of where you hit it on the club face just by chaning clubs! Ended up with TM Tour perferred CB irons 4- pw with nippon 950gh stiff flex, tp sw 56deg, shaft same as irons, Tm sldr rescue 3 19 deg, Aidila R.I.P phenom stiff.

I was hitting the ball dead centre time after time with the irons. I told him I taught only good players do that, and his reply was that was a bit of a myth the right clubs help much more. as im 5 11" I need slightly longer clubs than off the shelf, only 1/4 to half inch but makes a huge difference, plus you need right spin launch etc, he gave me clubs that I would slice or hook witout telling me just to show the difference and to confirm his taughts(if he right i show slice/hook this etc). Have to say he is very experenced and very knowlodgeable when it comes to fitting answered all my questions and explained everything.

He also told me my driver was fine and couldn't fault it R11, my wedge 52 deg vokey is grand, my 3 wood burner was ok I just need a few more lessons or bit more practise hitting it of the deck but stick with it maybe down the line upgrade(and give me recommendation (TM sldr 3W fujikura motore stiff) but its ok for now.

All in all great experince!
    so the bad news is the price obviously!
    irons - €875
    wedge - €140
    rescue - €235 (I was hitting this 210-230 of the deck straight on the sweet spot every time)

So total is €1250 (thank good for credit unions :))
    my hc is 21 and ill be getting Tour perferred clubs so all the game improvement irons are a sales pitch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Loire

Hi benny,

Well done on that. I find a lot of people on this thread have a great experience with Foregolf but most don't follow up with how they are after they get their club(s). It would be great if you could provide feedback.

Thanks,
    Loire.

Hi benny

That story brings be straight back to my fitting experience. Worth every penny of what you will shell out. Just give it a few rounds to adjust to the new clubs. Took me 5/6 rounds. Now having said that I did had have 43 points with them on their maiden voyage!

I posted the other day saying how I'm getting on since I got my irons, driver. And woods reshafted. Down from 17.2 hcp to 13.4.... I was Cut 0.6 last week and 0.6 again today. I Put it all down to the irons because my short game has not improved and I've not been working at short game much lately.... Don't need to when I hit plenty of greens!

mickelson wrote: »
    going tuesday.......looking forward to it

How you get on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

rescue - was hitting this 210-230 of the deck

my hc is 21

Mmmmmm.

Did you ask for a calibration cert ?

I was hitting the ball dead centre time after time with the irons. I told him I taught only good players do that, and his reply was that was a bit of a myth the right clubs help much more.

Mmmmmm.
    So now clubs help more than the club swinger to hit the ball dead centre ?
    Mmmmmm. Sceptical. Very sceptical.
    Well not really. Disbelieving would be more accurate.

Loire wrote: »
    Hi benny,

Well done on that. I find a lot of people on this thread have a great experience with Foregolf but most don't follow up with how they are after they get their club(s). It would be great if you could provide feedback.

Thanks,
    Loire.

The optimism and hope just fading as the new toy syndrome wears off away would be my guess for the lack of later followups.

Well done, you won't regret it. Best money you'll spend on your golf.

I've dropped from 12 to 4 in just over 3 years. Was going nowhere before that. The new irons from Foregolf made all the difference

Mmmmmm.

I wouldn't be quite so sceptical. I was firmly in the "sceptic" camp with regard to FG (still am a little in some ways), but I recently had the full bag check out there and found it excellent & very interesting.

I took two sets of irons I have out with me, and when he had me hitting an equivalent iron head (MP54 against my own MP53, so basically the same iron) with different shafts I could clearly see on the impact tape that I was hitting the sweetspot more often with some shafts over others. Eventually we narrowed it down to one that gave the best balance of feel & control (for me). On one of my sets I could see the impact being from the centre all the way in to just where the grooves end before the hosel, whereas with his MP54 and shaft I had a nice tight grouping right on the sweetspot.

Now, whether it was that this shaft was particularly "right" for me, or the existing shafts were totally "wrong", I don't know, its probably open to debate, but I firmly believe that well fitted equipment gives you a better chance of hitting the middle of the bat.

Mmmmmm.

Never mind being sceptical. Maybe spend the few bob for the fitting and see for yourself. No point in saying something doesn't work when you haven't tried it first for yourself...

• Advertisement

@saveourlyric

Its plain to see from the impact tape that different clubs have different impacts and its not down to a swing change!

And loads of lads have updated how they have gotten on with their new custom fitted clubs and most have had their hc reduced, some greatly.

Im not endorsing foregolf more the fact that if your serious about the game you should get customed fitted by someone good that specialize's in it.

i was sceptical too. but have to say after five minutes with david in foregolf was wondering why i hadn't done this years ago. explained everything as clear as day. i had ap2's s300 shaft. loved them. bought new irons with proper shafts today and a new shaft for my driver. great experience. under no pressure to buy.

i would recommend it to anyone.

i'll let ye know how i get on with new clubs later.

taylor made tour pref mc irons 4-pw. project x pxi 6.5 shafts. gripped and fitted. 980euro
    driver shaft 180 euro.

i like the woods he fitted me for but might get them later

same irons 799 euro in mcguirks

mickelson wrote: »
    same irons 799 euro in mcguirks

Not with the same level of shaft options though. Plus choice of grips (7 irons with multi compounds equals around €100 worth of grips)

thats what i mean. rather pay extra for properly fitted irons

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement