Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband Query

Options
  • 14-01-2011 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

Apologies if these queries have been asked before.

I am planning to switch from Eircom to UPC and would like to know the following.

My home alarm is configured to send text messages using the Eircom telephone connection. If I switch over to UPC will this feature be available?

I have heard that the wireless router provided by UPC is quite problematic. If I use the Netopia 2247 Wireless Modem (from Eircom) will I get good speed with their 20 MB Broadband option?

If I use the default UPC Wireless Router is there an option to switch off the wireless option when the internet is not in use but leave the home phone on.

Best Rgds

SB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Somebody wrote: »
    My home alarm is configured to send text messages using the Eircom telephone connection. If I switch over to UPC will this feature be available?

No, this won't work.
    I have heard that the wireless router provided by UPC is quite problematic. If I use the Netopia 2247 Wireless Modem (from Eircom) will I get good speed with their 20 MB Broadband option?

You can't use a DSL modem on a cable broadband connection.
    If I use the default UPC Wireless Router is there an option to switch off the wireless option when the internet is not in use but leave the home phone on.

Yes, but why bother.

Modem/router info can be found in the sticky at the top of the forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement