Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10/22 target tactical

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

€900 - that's just silly. Sometimes when someone really doesn't want to sell an item they put a crazy price tag on it.

I have a 10/22. I got it used when I was in the states for $100 and brought it home with me.

10/22's are so popular in the states because they are one of the most reliable/accurate semi-auto 22's out there and they come at a cheap price. The 10/22, brand new, in the box, is a $200 gun.

Even Ruger themselves price the tactical between $315 and $555
    http://www.ruger.com/products/1022Tactical/models.html

I cannot imagine how much I could do to my base 10/22 for another €800.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

FISMA wrote: »
    €900 - that's just silly. Sometimes when someone really doesn't want to sell an item they put a crazy price tag on it.

I have a 10/22. I got it used when I was in the states for $100 and brought it home with me.

10/22's are so popular in the states because they are one of the most reliable/accurate semi-auto 22's out there and they come at a cheap price. The 10/22, brand new, in the box, is a $200 gun.

Even Ruger themselves price the tactical between $315 and $555
    http://www.ruger.com/products/1022Tactical/models.html

I cannot imagine how much I could do to my base 10/22 for another €800.

I priced importing a rifle before
    21% + 4% CCT + €100 as item was over €1000.
    It still had the rifle €950 cheaper than the RFD
    All these rates were from Customs in 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Rosahane

bazza888 wrote: »
    Anybody have a ruger 10/22 target tactical?if so where did u get it?and how much are they going for?iv only seen a normal 10/22 target on a shelf here for a nuts price of 900e!
    http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2009/10/ruger-releases-target-tactical-1022-in-hogue-stock/

One up in Hilltop - came in last week, nice gun, the weight makes it very steady to hold at the shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

900 for a vanilla 10/22 is a bit steep alright

I have yet to see someone shooting one for target work that has not had extensive work done to it with new barrell, actions, stocks, sights, etc.

In many cases any one of the replacement parts (just a trigger can do it) could be more expensive that the original rifle

so when you see an expensive 10/22 just check and see if it's a gucci one which may explain the price.

B'Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭xesse

Welllllll... I was in hilltop over the weekend and seen that rifle on the shelf and said i have to have it.
    So i bought it :D:D:D
    and it was cheaper than i expected..
    he might have more in stock
    Rosahane wrote: »
    One up in Hilltop - came in last week, nice gun, the weight makes it very steady to hold at the shoulder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Early bird etc. Saw that one - nice catch.

Let me know if its predecessor is looking for a home.

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

it was the normal target version i saw,its in a laminate type stock with heavy stainless barrel,unless as you say theres something done to it that ididnt notice!
    http://www.22-lr.com/item/7813_Ruger_Rifles_Shotguns_RUG_10_22T______22LR_TARL.aspx
    its this rifle but the stainless barrel version

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

So basically a 10/22 with a mini14 muzzle break,fancy plastic stock ,scope rail,extended mag release,and dull finish ,costs 1000euros???:eek::eek:
    Would you not be better off buying a std 10/22 and adding bits on/off over time to build your own tacticool rifle??:confused:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

no its not that one grizzly its got a hogue stock with bull barrel the 10/22 target tactical its called.the one i saw in the shop was the old target version with a laminate stock and stainless barrel, this one was 900 http://www.ruger.com/products/1022Target/models.html
    the one im trying find out about is this one the 1022 vleh
    http://www.ruger.com/products/1022Tactical/orderNow.html?catalog=10/22VLEH&model=1230&url=http://www.galleryofguns.com/gunlocator/manuflink.asp?manuf=Ruger&Item=&sku=1230
    sorry about all the links

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Ok got you now Baz.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

1230.jpg
    that's the one all right
    the rubber stock is the mutts nuts so it is:D:D

did yours come with the bipod?

it did ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Rosahane

...and the one in Hilltop looked cute with a lovely little Hawke red dot sight mounted on the rail:D

What scope or red dot are you goung to put on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I have the DSP and find it very accurate I brought it in from the UK and it cost me around £375. I put a recoil buffer in which I bought on e bay and an auto release which I got from a boards member (Thank you).

I have done nothing else to it.

The Ruger can be changed to suit everyones desires (so long its not evil black assault rifle type) you could do a lot with €900 considering the bog basic model is €360. Stocks such as hogue retail at £80 bull barrels if needs must can be got through irish dealers alot can be got from the internet.:)

The great thing about the ruger its a hobby in itself

i woulndnt be spending 900e on one thats for sure just wanted the best model out of the box!

the way i'm shooting
    i was thinking about this scopeAttachment not found.
    or maybe this set up_UltimateSniperScope.jpg:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

I have the 10-22 target tactical for a while now, cracking little gun.
    The bi pod is non swivel and that does let it down. I feked the bipod off it and replaced it with a swivel version.
    I also got it threaded and recrowned.
    It loves Lapua subs and would have touching groups at 50 no problem with good ammo.
    I bought it off Des Mulville in outdoor sports in Mullingar for alot less than €900, I would highly recommend both Des and the 10-22TT to anyone.
    92f152fb.jpg
    c5651315.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭GreatGayHunter

we're back in action just Zero in at 50mtrs My very own Tack Driver...

Eotec'd
    Scoped
    AR'd

10/22 Does everything......

G.G.H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

we're back in action just Zero in at 50mtrs My very own Tack Driver...

Eotec'd
    Scoped
    AR'd

10/22 Does everything......

G.G.H

Looks good "Evil" but good!
    Well you may wear GGH;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭freddieot

Nice job - Can I ask who did the Thread and ReCrown ?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭GreatGayHunter

it came with, i think there on line not cheap. but Fk me there on the money, Tack Driver I now know what it means..

G.G.H

Advertisement