Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Looks like they dragged the garden table and chairs into the "apartment". I can just imagine them furnishing the place.

"Right...hmmm.. they'll need a table and chairs also... ahh feck it.. spare table here in the garden will do"

And the beside lockers too, I use those in my garden shed for storing loose bits and bobs, tools, etc.

True.
    'Features include detached, fully furnished, out side patio area, shower, easy to heat, south facing glass open front, parking and cable...etc'

What is the 'detached' referring to? The shed itself, presumably?
    Gawd, t'is grim, even if there is a second (crying) chair for someone to cry with the
    occupant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

LynnGrace wrote: »
    True.
    'Features include detached, fully furnished, out side patio area, shower, easy to heat, south facing glass open front, parking and cable...etc'

What is the 'detached' referring to? The shed itself, presumably?
    Gawd, t'is grim, even if there is a second (crying) chair for someone to cry with the
    occupant.

Crying is about the only thing there'd be space for 2 people to do simultaneously in that gaff!

dee_mc wrote: »
    Crying is about the only thing there'd be space for 2 people to do simultaneously in that gaff!

True. Although the chairs are facing the bed...:D

I see the pictures a bit different. While it looks like a different apartment I think the pictures were taken a completely different times. The fire extinguisher is a different colour, no mat outside the bedroom door etc.

I think the door in pic 4 is at an angle which is why its hard to see it in pic 1.

See my drawing below - and before you ask, YES!, I have a lot of time on my hands today!! :P:D

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

This is very good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Complete with patio furniture and four windows so the owners can get a good stare at ya.

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/newhall-court-citywest-dublin/1441403/#img=3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

I know we had the discussion before, but are these sheds in the back of somebodys house or garden legal?
    can't recall any definite answer and can't imagine they are. what's with sewage connections for example?
    and do they need planning permission?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Aquagakka

yawhat! wrote: »
    Complete with patio furniture and four windows so the owners can get a good stare at ya.

Smiling crying chairs in Pic.2

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I reckon that was one of those 'home office' or 'garden room' type affairs and these chancers thought they'd chuck a bed into it and try and scam some poor bastard out of the guts of €500 a month.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Those chairs are very handy if you're into people watching you have sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Where did you find that one? It's identical to the one in this!?!

It's probably the same block.
    The chair just moves hovel to hovel!

I reckon its a bit like the film The Ring but instead of viewing a video / the chair condemns anyone who sits on it to a perpetual twilight existence in a 'studio bedsit' forever ....

Edit: photos added for future reference...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Toots* wrote: »
    Yeah, it's not too long since that was on daft. Looks like the new room-mates couldn't hack all the craziness and moved out. You'd be so tempted to arrive in with a pile of friends and a big dirty chipper on your last night there.

wHAT IN THE NAME OF ****E ARE YOU SELLING ON YOUR ETSY PAGE

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AlwaysAnyTime

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/4108-beaumont-road-beaumont-dublin/1441430/

Very big spacious kitchen?
    OR
    Very very small kitchen?

I can't decide, it's like one of those optical illusions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

OR
    Very very small kitchen?

A fully equipped kitchen? :confused: It's an oven, microwave and fridge stuck in the corner of the living room.

Also advertised as a 4 bed - 2 single and 2 double rooms, yet the information lists just 2 double rooms. Is it too much to expect that the details are proof read?

OR
    Very very small kitchen?

That's a strange one alright... must be an optical illusion, I wouldn't consider a kitchen 'fully equipped' without running water and that... maybe I'm being snobby :P

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AlwaysAnyTime

That's a strange one alright... must be an optical illusion, I wouldn't consider a kitchen 'fully equipped' without running water and that... maybe I'm being snobby :P

Running water?? La-de-f**king-da your majesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Could. Not. Cope. with that "kitchen".

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Those chairs are very handy if you're into people watching you have sex.

They've got a real 'Amsterdam' vibe going on there.

rawn wrote: »
    Could. Not. Cope. with that "kitchen".
    It would be extremely easy to clean though. You could even sit down to do it. :P

• Advertisement

It would be extremely easy to clean though. You could even sit down to do it. :P

Not without running water it wouldn't :D

Fill a bucket in the bathroom or spray cleaner! I don't think you would use it too much anyway, it'd be more ornamental than functional. Have to use paper plates and plastic cutlery - no where to wash or store them.

''Excuse me while I go to the bedroom to get you a cup from the wardrobe.'' :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

In fairness my parents let houses to students. You would be surprised when new people move in and they tell you the washing machine or oven isnt working. And when my parents phoned up the old tenants to tell them their deposit is returned. They would tell you they never once used the oven or dryer in 9 months

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

hfallada wrote: »
    In fairness my parents let houses to students. You would be surprised when new people move in and they tell you the washing machine or oven isnt working. And when my parents phoned up the old tenants to tell them their deposit is returned. They would tell you they never once used the oven or dryer in 9 months

not surprising. i have never in 2 years used the dishwasher here and if there were one would not use a drier. used the oven on christmas day only; costs too much in electricity. washing machine for sheets and towels only

Graces7 wrote: »
    not surprising. i have never in 2 years used the dishwasher here and if there were one would not use a drier. used the oven on christmas day only; costs too much in electricity. washing machine for sheets and towels only

I had a little apartment with a very small kitchen and used to use the bottom dishwasher rack to drain dishes after washing them in the sink :) (the top tray was for wine glasses and stuff that wouldn't fit in the cupboards!)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭THall04

Photo no:7.....good way to keep warm while yer taking a dump

http://www.daft.ie/sales/no-26-ozanam-street-waterford-waterford-city-waterford/941517/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

THall04 wrote: »
    Photo no:7.....good way to keep warm while yer taking a dump

http://www.daft.ie/sales/no-26-ozanam-street-waterford-waterford-city-waterford/941517/

no. 8 looks like the owner has fond memories about school discos in the 80s

• Administrators Posts: 53,813 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Fluorescent light too. The flickering definitely won't get annoying.

See through "bedside tables" too. :D

Isn't he the native American room mate! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Zzyzx

As someone who may be on the rental market in the next few months, some of those ads would be funny if it wasn't such a grim situation :-(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement