If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

to clear out ex display Floor standing TV display unit - GOING CHEAP!

Options
  • 08-03-2011 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Another little offer from the dark recesss of our stockroom.
    This time around its a very solid floor standing TV unit called the Gregson Media Centre Unit, to give it its full name:)

As I mentioned it is very solidly constructed from wood (weighs a ton) that has been stained in a dark walnut finish

The dimensions are as follows
    Overall height 157cm
    Width 120cm
    the base is 54cm deep
    The two glass shelves are 35cm deep and 102cm wide

I've attached a few photos to you to get an idea of what it looks like -

Attachment not found. This shows the cable management at the back of the unit - two doors open to access this then close to hid the spaghetti

photo front.JPGthis is what it looks like from the front - would look much nicer with your TV on it!

photo side.JPG this is a view of the side storage for DVD's and BR discs, or CD's and VHS Tapes if you instist...

photo swing.JPG you can swing it to the left or you can swing it to the right:)

Its in pretty good condition with few scrapes and marks on it, most would be hidden by a big TV
    It comes with the bracket pictured but you'd need to replace this with a regular flat mount as it was designed to suit an older range of Philips TV's
    Just remove this bracket and mount your bracket to the stand and your set.
    This would be ideal for those who want to wall mount their TV but for what ever reason cant do so - it would keep your TV out of reach of babies and toddlers

How much I hear you ask?
    well once again we have slashed the price to clear it out
    they were €799.99 but our last display model is now only €100

Oh..
    Why not pick up a nice new TV to go with it at the same time:D???

If you'd like to see this unit call on in and you can run your eye over it

atb
    Ash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Awww man... could have done with this a week or two back.

Looks fantastic. A steal at that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

ashley, can those glass shelves be removed? I'd be interested alright for the kids playroom - but glass corners and my kids heads is only asking for trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Ablelocks

the can certainly be removed no problem.

They just slot into the main body of the unit

A little formula I alway use re kids, well now I have one...
    Glass + kids = trip to A&E:( (with a side order of "I Told you so" from the other half!)

Shall I reserve it up for you???
    atb
    Ash

Hi Ablelocks

the can certainly be removed no problem.

They just slot into the main body of the unit

A little formula I alway use re kids, well now I have one...
    Glass + kids = trip to A&E:( (with a side order of "I Told you so" from the other half!)

Shall I reserve it up for you???
    atb
    Ash

yeah, but only till i get home and do some measuring and checking. If someone really, really wants it in the meantime then shout out.

able

Hi Able

I'll reserve this up for you.
    If fits cool we can do the business tomorrow if its not going to suit not a problem just let me know and i'll release back onto Boards

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement

scratch that Ashley, i'll pass on this so you can release it to boards

Hi Able

No worries, thanks for letting me know, hope you find something that will suit.

atb

Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭F.Galway

Hi ashley don't suppose delivery is possible on this?

Hi There F.Galway

Am I correct in thinking you live in Galway??

Due to the size and weight of this item its going to be pretty much an instore collection - its not something one man can lift!

Let me know where you live and I'll get back to you re possibility of delivery

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Hi Ashley, would the bracket attached suit the Phillips 42PF5521D?

• Advertisement

Yup galway man...what gave it away?:P

Would delivery be crazy on it,based in galway city centre so could meet at most delivery depots.Save me the trip up if possible, not that there's anything wrong with ye! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

With my boardsies discount, I can have it for €80;)

I can collect it this week. ;:D

3 answers in 1 post here!

Hi Dermo, no the bracket on the stand wont suit your TV as yours has the mounting points 800mm apart, the bracket on the stand was for 32/37" TV's from yesteryear.

If you need a bracket for your TV we'll beable to source something that will fit it no worries - looking for something that would suit at the mo for you.

F.Galway, I'll say your Boards name but didnt want to assume!
    i'll pm you options

Superscouce....Cheeky...No you cant! but I do like the way you doubled your discount there:cool:!!!!.
    We've knocked a mighty €600 of it to start with - its a bargain at €100
    Your welcome to collect - bring a van..

cheers all
    Ash

Hi Ashley, I will take the unit. Just waiting on PM regarding delivery etc.

pm sent

And stand reserved for you, talk soon

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

Ash,

If it's not eventually taken I'd be interested, it'd be to hang the 8404 I bought a couple of years ago. If it's not taken by F.Galway then we'll talk. Also looking at some sort of 32" tv as well.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ash,

If it's not eventually taken I'd be interested, it'd be to hang the 8404 I bought a couple of years ago. If it's not taken by F.Galway then we'll talk. Also looking at some sort of 32" tv as well.

Vesty,

good to see you back - I'll keep tabs on this stand (I bought them in myself and they are really nice stands)

Drop me a line about the 32" /type/budget etc and I'll get the pencil sharpner out..

Thanks again,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Vest

The Gregsons stand was collected this am and is heading cross county to its new home as I type.

as per Johns comment if you pm me budget and desired features I'll see what I have Philips wise that will suit.

atb
    Ash

Unit was dragged into house yest and set up in the bedroom,thanks again ashley!

Looks great!

Funny, I cant picture you in the boots to the right of the stand:eek:

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Looks great!

Funny, I cant picture you in the boots to the right of the stand:eek:

atb
    Ash

Ash,

the fact that you were even trying to conjour up that image is slightly worrying...:confused:

atb,

j

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.