Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Usage Meter

Options
  • 18-03-2011 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

i'm on UPC's 20mb package and as such am entitled to download 250gb a month. I've only ever downloaded about 10gb a month, and have decided I might as well take advantage of the 250gb.

My question, does anyone know of a good meter for measuring my upload/download usage, does not have to be freeware ?

I have come across Eircom's "Usage Meter", but is this Eircom dependent or can it be used by anyone ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

The best way to monitor your usage is to use the monitor provided by the ISP, but since UPC are too inept to provide one, you'll have to use less-reliable means which they will not accept as proof.

The best way is to get a router and flash dd-wrt or tomato onto it.
    That will monitor every bit of your traffic, giving you the best idea of your usage.

Other people will probably suggest programs to run on your computer for you.

Advertisement