Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

naughto wrote: »
    great pics whealan but your pics are all up side down or side ways
    i know apologies have to sort it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

They're mirror imaged. I was wondering why it looked like the front of the jeep had what looked like Russian writing in the window:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭delaval

Kovu Murr wrote: »
    They're mirror imaged. I was wondering why it looked like the front of the jeep had what looked like Russian writing in the window:o
    Any pics from Fiddlers? Sorry Fibbers

delaval wrote: »
    Any pics from Fiddlers? Sorry Fibbers

Most are NSFW:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

pakalasa wrote: »
    Legs, what's the longterm plan with the Parthanaise?
    Are you going to cross a BB bull on Parthanaise cows, or will you go all Parthanaise?
    not sure yet ,a bit of both:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Richk2012

leg wax wrote: »
    Attachment not found.the bastered hurt his leg yesterday and was going to sell him sat, cbq out of a pied,Attachment not found.this big lady came yesterday a bzb heifer out of a blue,some pull:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Smashing weaner .. Where were you going with him carnew ????

That dropcalf has a serious bit of shape about her too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭ABlur

whelan1 wrote: »
    Another drain

And why would that field need a drain it looks good to me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭20silkcut

25 acres knocked this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭red bull

A friend of mine was in Wicklow during the week and he saw hundreds of silage bales being put on a French registered boat, anyone know the story ?

red bull wrote: »
    A friend of mine was in Wicklow during the week and he saw hundreds of silage bales being put on a French registered boat, anyone know the story ?

Maybe they finally worked out who's taking the horse to France:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭red bull

Oh yea !!! but ? In silage wrap

Oh yea !!! but ? In silage wrap

How was the weather over there this summer? Maybe parts had drought:confused: Hugo can tell us when he returns from his holidays!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Is that from wicklow town? Their not silage, its some sort of bales of recycled waste rubbish, which looks just like bales of silage!

ABlur wrote: »
    And why would that field need a drain it looks good to me?
    this is a dry year, last year that whole area was bog, there are rushes, drain will go the whole length of field, that area was walkable only, what a difference a year makes

Richk2012 wrote: »
    Smashing weaner .. Where were you going with him carnew ????

That dropcalf has a serious bit of shape about her too
    yes was going to carnew to meet tlt.

how do i correct that, took a pic this morning and it looks fine on phone but when i put it on here it rotates???

Got these bad boys this morning

Yum, yum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Got these bad boys this morning

Yum, yum

You need to spread more N to get rid of them ;-)

td5man wrote: »
    You need to spread more N to get rid of them ;-)
    :D:D
    Out of a paddock where penicillan cows are kept

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Lovely, lovely weeds

Heifer born 6/8/11, apologies cant get pics to go up right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Heifer born 6/8/11, apologies cant get pics to go up right

is she one of your own any for sale :-)

td5man wrote: »
    is she one of your own any for sale :-)
    yes shes home bred, out of br/fr stock bull, none for sale unfortunately, hopefully next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

apologies cant get pics to go up right

No need for apologies if lads want to look at them let them twist their heads or their laptop or whatever.. talk about the laziness of some lads and they giving out about upside pics... throw a few pics up yerselves!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

Muckit wrote: »
    throw a few pics up yerselves!! :p

Just for you muckit, the good, bad and mostly ugly taken the 4th August

1. Wrecked spring barley
    2. Sugar beets looking good after heat
    3. Fanged beet on the left, loads of little roots instead of one main root
    4. Heifer grazing grass by choice that had 4k gls of slurry splashplate 9 days previous:rolleyes:
    5. The recruits busy annoying animals at under 6 months

• Advertisement

1. Wrecked spring barley
    4. Heifer grazing grass by choice that had 4k gls of slurry splashplate 9 days previous:rolleyes:

What were you doing lying on the ground Bob:confused::eek:

One question, what causes beet to become 'fanged' and is it much of a problem. It's never grown up here so don't think I've ever seen it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭stanflt

1. Wrecked spring barley

i thought you housed 365:cool: careful the dont get poisoned by the lush green stuff in the pic- didnt know you had it in you to graze nice grass

is much of your beet like that-a big problem i the uk

One question, what causes beet to become 'fanged' and is it much of a problem. It's never grown up here so don't think I've ever seen it.

If beet met a hard pan in the ground that roots couldnt penetrate. Also weather conditions, lack of moisture has brought the problem this year. I have one field destroyed with 50% of plants fanged. This was a high dry field and presume drought was the problem at just the wrong time even though from a distance its picture perfect :(, you win some, you lose some:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Don't you start anything now. According to whelan all you need to do is turn up:D:D

stanflt wrote: »
    i thought you housed 365:cool: careful the dont get poisoned by the lush green stuff in the pic- didnt know you had it in you to graze nice grass

is much of your beet like that-a big problem i the uk

about 60 - 70% of the animals are out grazing, and then some are pulled inside for final intensive push for a few months. What is strange about that picture is that the field is about 10ac and I slurried half of it and let the animals eat the other half without putting the fence back up. After about 9 days they were grazing the slurried ground.

The block of beet of 25ac is perfect and very odd plant fanged. Another block is 50% fanged. drought just must have hit it the wrong time

• Advertisement

Don't you start anything now. According to whelan all you need to do is turn up:D:D
    yourself and delaval are never too far away from it either:rolleyes:

Ah now, I'm not that bad:D
    See!
    yourself and delaval are never too far away from it either:rolleyes:

Getting down and dirty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Getting down and dirty

See!!!!:D

See!!!!:D

I said nothing. I only asked a question.:cool:
    I assumed he was checking soil temperature:P

I said nothing. I only asked a question.:cool:
    I assumed he was checking soil temperature:P
    His probe is broke............remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

His probe is broke............remember
    Tis no wonder its broke , going by the size of his welly I'd say it could be awkward enough .

Lovely beet bob , did that phone come up when you were pulling them ?:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

how do i correct that, took a pic this morning and it looks fine on phone but when i put it on here it rotates???

On the samsung touch the menu button on bottom left, select share via and then select the photo editor:
    s489.jpg

Then select the rotate option and save when you're finished
    lx0j.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

That's my new fancy grass measuring tool in the photos by the way. Didn't want to paint the new wellies ;). Don't know why it wasn't recommended by the journal in the first place as it's a lot handier.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Midlandsman80

Attachment not found.the bastered hurt his leg yesterday and was going to sell him sat, cbq out of a pied,Attachment not found.this big lady came yesterday a bzb heifer out of a blue,some pull:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Hi Leg, Have you used BZB much? the part society have him as "very easy calving". I was considering using him a bit later this year, would you ever use him on heifers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

id say the problem is when you attaching them.if you upload them to http://tinypic.com/

then when there uploaded click on the pic and go right click you should see copy image location then paste it in to the image box (15 across) on the line above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

Muckit wrote: »
    No need for apologies if lads want to look at them let them twist their heads or their laptop or whatever.. talk about the laziness of some lads and they giving out about upside pics... throw a few pics up yerselves!! :p

its easy to put them up,it takes away from the pic having to turn the the laptop on its side

Hi Leg, Have you used BZB much? the part society have him as "very easy calving". I was considering using him a bit later this year, would you ever use him on heifers?[/QUOTE i have him on some heifers and i am not looking forward to them calving,i have not used him much and what stock i have seen i am not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Our last cow calved this morning - would like to say we are an Autumn calving system but it's a very later "Spring-er"
    Worth the wait tho - an absolute whopper of a BB Bull calf by BBQ (pictures taken 4 hours after she calved) off one of my favourite cows with a lovely bag of milk - a limousin NSQ, quiet as a mouse.
    Called the VET and he jacked him as we had a feeling it would be a big calf and we did not want to chance her ourselves. Not a bad pull but the VET was sweating a bit by the end!

1080111_10151812552219919_732595673_n.jpg?oh=0a3240ce5262c0553b9f82c179aed0ab&oe=520A09CC&__gda__=1376436785_018d7f26a1575be7e288464886a307081078018_10151812717104919_341478353_n.jpg?oh=544bd1027f9aa5923c3888e3ab4b6cc1&oe=5209DE6D&__gda__=1376457296_a3d71b02395773d22b251557d9f5bb3f1097570_10151812607189919_109954544_n.jpg?oh=0deffd96e3e68e542419b92f925c01be&oe=520A06DC&__gda__=1376419745_23986763c644b05a3ae330a26e31cc9e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭nashmach

That Spring Barley is badly tossed there Bob :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭johnpawl

Hi Leg, Have you used BZB much? the part society have him as "very easy calving". I was considering using him a bit later this year, would you ever use him on heifers?[/QUOTE i have him on some heifers and i am not looking forward to them calving,i have not used him much and what stock i have seen i am not happy.

He's gone up to 6.9% calving difficulty from 3.2% when I put him on heifers which are calving in a few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Richk2012

johnpawl wrote: »

He's gone up to 6.9% calving difficulty from 3.2% when I put him on heifers which are calving in a few weeks

They did similar with ozs limo .
    keep an eye on rel%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭johnpawl

Richk2012 wrote: »
    johnpawl wrote: »

They did similar with ozs limo .
    keep an eye on rel%
    I'm fairly sure that rel% was over 80 @ 3.2%! Not certain though tbh.
    That said I've had 10 calves off him and not a bother, no assistance required. All small and hardy.Plain cows though.
    I used 'Bourvil' from Munster ai for other heifers, pricey @ €35 a straw though.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭countryjimbo

I bet its an iphone 4! The photos will all appear fine on the phone but when sent to another device are either sideways or upside down.
    This is because the iphone stores rotation info in the photo which the phones can read but most other devices don't.

Best tip is to always hold it sideways keeping the home button to the right.

Easiest way to rotate a photo is to load it on a PC and use a photo viewer to rotate them, most viewers should have this functionality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

2yr old limo x heifer and angus bull calf born this evening . She spat him out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement