Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linksys wrt54gl & Zyxel P660R-D1

• 20-03-2011 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Well Folks,

I really hope someone can help because after spending hours on this yesterday my head is absolutely melted!

I am trying to hook up a Zyxel P660R modem to eircom broadband, in bridge mode, and hooking it up to a Linksys WRT54GL ap which is running DD-WRT. On the Zyxel I set to to bridging, RFC 1498, LLC, 8, 35 as expected. On the Linksys I set the Wan to PPoE with eircom@eircom.net and broadband1. No Joy. The Link will not come up.

After messing about for hours the only way I could get the connection active was as follows:
    Zyxel in routing mode (connection came up). I disabled its' DHCP server and set an ip of 192.168.2.254 on its lan side. On the Linksys I set the wan to Static and set its wan IP to 192.168.2.250, it's gateway to 192.168.2.254 and subnet to 255.255.255.0

I then enabled the DHCP on the Linksys.

I plugged the pc into a lan port on the Linksys and all seemed to work, however on running a ping to the modem 192.168.2.254 and to opendns 208.67.222.222 I noticed one in every 6 pings or so was dropping.

On top of all this the Linksys was not accepting wireless connections for very long. It would show full signal and allow my clients to connect for about 3-4 mins and then drop them. They would still see the full signal but would be unable to connect. They would reconnect after the linksys was rebooted but would only hold connection for a few mins. They would connect to the net when they were up but the problem with dropping pings would happen to them too. Also I noticed that the Linksys was showing some TX errors but only about 60 in 3000 packets. I adjusted up and down the power of the ap (from 30 to 80mw) but this made no difference.

So any ideas?
    1. To get the Wan connection up correctly using the modem as a bridge
    2. Stop the Linksys dropping the wireless clients.

I hope I have provided enough info. If you need more just ask!

Thanks a million in advance

Comments

Advertisement