If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips BDP7500 Mk II and Net Tv / Eircom Netopia issues.

Options
  • 06-04-2011 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

Hi,

I've had this blu ray player for a month or two now and everything working great.

I use Eircom as the ISP with the Netopia router. All was working great but I had to do a hard reset on the router a little while back and since then the player can't connect to any Net Tv service.

I'm hoping you guys have come up against this before and it's just some setting I'm overlooking. I've tried turning the firewall completely off in the router, and the problem doesn't seem to be connecting - I've green lights on the ports etc and it is connecting to the router fine so it must be some setting....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 AlphaRt

Here are a few simple things to try:
    1 Unplug the DVD from the wall (leave it unplugged for 45-60 seconds to let the power capacitors discharge). Power up the DVD, wait two minutes, connect the network cable, wait 30 seconds, try it again.
    2 Have you checked to see if the 'internet' light (sometimes labeled 'sync') is continously lit on the netopia box. No light = no internet connection=> ring eircom.
    3 Some devices need the uPNP functionality enabled on the router. Log onto the router, find the uPNP 'tick box' and make sure it is ticked. (To log on go to the netopia's 'webpage' at http://192.168.1.254 which if I remember correctly is the address of the Netopia box). While you are logged on change the status of the netopia box from 'on demand' to 'always on'. (don't ask it's a habbit!)
    4 If the above still does not work, plug in a laptop instead of the DVD player and check that the broadband signal is making it that far. Many times I have found that the cable ending is damaged, (common with manually assembled cables, not common with moulded cables).
    regards
    AlphaRt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Zaphod

Did AlphaRt suggestions (thanks AlphaRt:)) solve your problem?
    if not let me know and i'll look into it for you

atb
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.