Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email problems..

Options
  • 15-04-2011 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I recently changed my fixed line broadband provider from Eircom to Vodafone. The broadband is working fine but I cant send emails from my laptop or iPhone since the changeover. Ive been onto Vodafone and Eircom and its like banging my head off a brick wall, I think i need to change the smpt or something... Im not big into computers, anyone out there that could help me here???

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I recently changed my fixed line broadband provider from Eircom to Vodafone. The broadband is working fine but I cant send emails from my laptop or iPhone since the changeover. Ive been onto Vodafone and Eircom and its like banging my head off a brick wall, I think i need to change the smpt or something... Im not big into computers, anyone out there that could help me here???

Unbelieveable the ISP (Vodafone) could not get to the bottom of this? :confused:. Anyways you will need to go into your Outlook/thunderbird or whatever email client you use account settings and change the outgoing email server from eircom.net to smtp.vodafone.ie and save them. Do the same on the iPhone in the mail settings, if you need help with configuring your laptop client let me know what one you use and I'll provide more information

Nick

Edit: The mail server could also be mail.vodafone.ie , not with them but not sure, try both, mail.iol.ie seems to be another option aswell according to google!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Ahahaha, vodafone support could not get to the bottom of this? Incredible....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

truly mindboggling:eek: Surely one of the most basic things that you would expect support to know?

Nothing new under the sun it would seem?

mail.vodafone.ie according to this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57906855

Advertisement