Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dazzlemoo

Is anyone else doing the 30 Day Shred? This evening was my 2nd day doing level 1! I find it tough going at 1st but half way through I really get into it! I must admit - I am the worlds worst at exercise! I think its where I've always gone wrong when trying to lose weight - I'll have the eating part perfect but won't do any exercise & then get frustrated because I'm not toning up & so just give up on the whole thing & go back to square one! (hope that makes sense!!)

This time I'm going to combine the eating & exercise! Then hopefully I'll start to see my body toning up & I won't lose motivation!
    Anyone got any tips on exercise or how to keep up the exercise? I always give up exercise after a few days :(

What is this 30 day shred?!
    I've never heard of it and our WW leader hasn't mentioned it..

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Rugby Chic26

dazzlemoo wrote: »
    What is this 30 day shred?!
    I've never heard of it and our WW leader hasn't mentioned it..

Its an exercise DVD. Its Jillian Micheals from the Biggest Loser USA. There's 3 levels & each session is only 20mins long. I would recommend it. It was reviewed in an issue of weight watchers magazine, I think it was Aprils issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dolly2012

ok i posted few weeks ago but finally tonight i joined weighed at 13;13 omg anyway starting tmrw!! just few questions?? our leader said tonight that we need to try to excercise 5 times a week at least 40 mins a day can anybody tell me the difference in weight loss with and with out excercise?? thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Ailey wrote: »
    Here is what the previous recipe banana bars looks like cooked
    Attachment not found.

Thanks for that Ailey, they look great, can't wait to try them tomorrow, yum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

dolly2012 wrote: »
    ok i posted few weeks ago but finally tonight i joined weighed at 13;13 omg anyway starting tmrw!! just few questions?? our leader said tonight that we need to try to excercise 5 times a week at least 40 mins a day can anybody tell me the difference in weight loss with and with out excercise?? thanks :)

We had a stand in leader a while back who said that what you eat will determine the number you see on the scales but exercise will determine your shape- good luck with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dazzlemoo

Our leader always says you can lose weight without exercising but you'll just be a smaller version of yourself-not toned.
    A member in our class lost all her weight with no exercise but she admitted that she was left with loose skin.

I hate exercising but I try to get in at least three 4km walks a week, even though I do be dying for them to be over.
    You'll burn more calories exercising and you'll tone up.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Audi driver

Can anyone help me calculate how many propoints my partner should be on, he won't come to ww with me but he does want to lose a few lbs! I was thinking of asking my leader but I thought it might be cheeky when he's not joining! He's 5ft 6& weighs 11stone 4lbs! Great losses this week:-) was down 3lbs this week myself, wasn't expecting such a big loss but I'll def take it!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Elliejo

What age is he, Audi Driver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hi eabhabear, how many pp in ristorante pizza? :-)

It's 10pp for half of the Hawaii one so I'd have it with a salad.
    Is anyone else doing the 30 Day Shred? This evening was my 2nd day doing level 1! I find it tough going at 1st but half way through I really get into it!

I'm currently on day 7 on level 2. I love it. Level 2 is much worse than level 1 because there's loads of plank movements so I can't wait to get onto level 3. The only thing is I haven't lost much weight on it. I find that it's better for inch loss rather than weight loss. I've lost 11 inches so far.

• Advertisement

Elliejo wrote: »
    What age is he, Audi Driver?
    He's 28!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Hey everyone. Been reading up on all the losses today. Tue- thur are always really busy days on here, so lots to read this pm! Well done everyone!
    I went to my WI this morn, and STS, which is about as well as I deserved to do, given my poor motivation, and lack of enthusiasm the past few days! If truth be told, I was on course for an undeserved loss, because I was down on my home scales before my WI, but when I got dressed I wore heavier clothes and shoes than usual, so that's why I STS. Probably no harm really- if I'd had an undeserved loss, it would probably have made me even more careless and complacent. Used a few weeklies this eve on my much awaited Chinese- so it's back on track tomorrow am! Going to do a couple of F+H days this week, and as usual, I'm vowing to do more exercise!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Elliejo

According to my calculator, he should be on 35 PP per day.

Elliejo wrote: »
    According to my calculator, he should be on 35 PP per day.
    Wow! Not fair!:-) thanks for that elliejo!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Hi all after a bad announment in work yesterday I decided to go on the piss(typically Irish) thing is I used all my family's and weeklies(the shame) and not getting weighed till Tuesday.. And tips for coping on min over the weekend and is there any way to redeem the damage

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Ailey

They look great, and 2pp if you arent on filling and healthy is really good too. What book are they from?

It's a book from the cook smart range I think they're new it just says weight watchers cook smart bake. I got it in easons for around €20 it's really good tho because it's all cakes biscuits breads n desserts, most are low but some go up to the 7 or 8 ppt mark, I just made those n a banana bread that was 3 per slice it was worth it tho. Next on my list is a lovely choc mousse roulade think its 5 per slice so we'll see! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Hi all after a bad announment in work yesterday I decided to go on the piss(typically Irish) thing is I used all my family's and weeklies(the shame) and not getting weighed till Tuesday.. And tips for coping on min over the weekend and is there any way to redeem the damage

You can build up some activity points to compensate for your lost weeklies. My leader advised to only use up about 14 activity points in a week though. Still though, that's 14 extra points for your weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Hi all

Going to my first meeting at 1pm. Im dreading seeing my weight written down because it will confirm that I weigh that much if that makes sense. I did WW about 4 years ago and lost a stone and then stopped going and piled it all back on plus more. I would ideally like to lose about 2.5 stone so it is a long road ahead. I wonder how long it will take. I feel sick with the nerves now.

Wish me luck!

CavanGal wrote: »
    Hi all

Going to my first meeting at 1pm. Im dreading seeing my weight written down because it will confirm that I weigh that much if that makes sense. I did WW about 4 years ago and lost a stone and then stopped going and piled it all back on plus more. I would ideally like to lose about 2.5 stone so it is a long road ahead. I wonder how long it will take. I feel sick with the nerves now.

Wish me luck!

Best of luck! It'll be grand once you're in there and sitting in your seat.

I only joined 8 weeks ago and I've already lost 2 stone. I still have another 4 to go though and I have no idea how long that'll take. I'm in it for the long haul though so I'm not fussed. It's a whole new way of life and I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mellowkelly

hey does anyone know how many point r in a scone??

cosmic wrote: »
    Best of luck! It'll be grand once you're in there and sitting in your seat.

I only joined 8 weeks ago and I've already lost 2 stone. I still have another 4 to go though and I have no idea how long that'll take. I'm in it for the long haul though so I'm not fussed. It's a whole new way of life and I love it!

Wow! 2 stone in 8 weeks! Thats amazing. Congratulations! If I did that I would be over the moon.

I know, I remember the great feeling you get of not being hungry but not being horribly and uncomfortably full either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

I think in the book they are pointed at 5pp but that's for a teeny tiny thing. I usually point a scone from work at about 8, even when I pick the smallest one, as they are quite doughy.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mellowkelly

o wow thats great i thought they where about 13 pro points :) think ill have one for my lunch

It's a book from the cook smart range I think they're new it just says weight watchers cook smart bake. I got it in easons for around €20 it's really good tho because it's all cakes biscuits breads n desserts, most are low but some go up to the 7 or 8 ppt mark, I just made those n a banana bread that was 3 per slice it was worth it tho. Next on my list is a lovely choc mousse roulade think its 5 per slice so we'll see! :rolleyes:

Made them this morning Ailey, and what a success, they're perfect to go alongside a cup of tea, especially on a F&H day, thanks a mill for that! My weakness is cakes and all that so I'm afraid to buy that book now!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Thanks so much! Its gas how getting engaged has suddenly really motivated me to get to goal! I have a stone to lose to get to goal! It doesn't sound like much compared to what other people have to lose but sometimes the less lbs I have to lose the less motivated I am! I just get too relaxed about the whole thing!

I also really wanna get to goal so I don't have to pay for classes anymore! Then that tenner I'm saving can go towards my wedding - can't really get a better motivator than that!!!

I totally get you. When I started I had 41.5lb to lose. To me it was such a big feat I thought I would never get there, but there are folks on here that have lost that and more.They are just AMAZING! Whether you have 14lbs or 214lbs to lose, you will tend to have the same experiences. The same downfalls (stupid saturday night drinkin and even stupider (if thats a word) falling into the chipper after hahaha!) everyone seems to break at some point, and sometimes the closer to your goal you are the harder it gets.
    Hi all

Wish me luck!

Good luck CavanGal! It is always daunting going for the initial WI. Actually seeing the numbers on the screen and not being the 10st you imagine yourself to be (I know in my head was saying that but my heart of hearts knew it was soooooooo much higher than that) You are making the first step and that is always the biggest. This thread is amazing for keeping you motivated between classes and for stuff they might not talk about in class. Pace yourself. Aim for a pound or two a week, that way a big loss one week will cancel out a STS or a small gain over the grand scheme of things! Good luck!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

o wow thats great i thought they where about 13 pro points :) think ill have one for my lunch

My old leader told us that most scones are around the 12PP mark. It's 5PP for a 50g scone, but most scones weigh at least 100g. If you can imagine holding the weight of a small potatoe (150g potatoe), if you think the weight of your scone only feels a bit lighter than that then it is probably at least 10PP, if it feels the same or heavier, then PUT THE SCONE DOWN!! :)

Everyones body is different. I find if I eat the exact same things and weeklies 2 weeks in a row (all the while being good with my food), but exercise less one week, I STS or put up but the week I exercise more, I lose. I think I have the worst metabolism in the world though (or the second worst, my mum I think has the worst, healthiest eater I know, only carbs she eats is the odd ryvita, exercises every day, can't lose a single lb and she's only 49).

Monife wrote: »
    My old leader told us that most scones are around the 12PP mark. It's 5PP for a 50g scone, but most scones weigh at least 100g. If you can imagine holding the weight of a small potatoe (150g potatoe), if you think the weight of your scone only feels a bit lighter than that then it is probably at least 10PP, if it feels the same or heavier, then PUT THE SCONE DOWN!! :)

Yeah, our leader discussed scones with is a few weeks back. She brought in three different size scones and asked us to guess the points for each, we were waaaaaay off, so they are lethal! I think the smallest one was 5 or 6 points and that was about the size of three cookie biscuits stacked together, this would also be a size scone that you'd hardly see being sold anywhere! The medium was 9 or 10 points and that was the standard one you'd see being sold in shops/cafes while the largest one (about twice the size of the medium one!) was 15 or 16 points. So all I'm gonna say is BE CAREFUL! Scones are lethal for underestimating! I'd rather just avoid them then mess with my points, not worth it in my opinion, but thats just me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I have to reiterate the scone thing - i used to think they were the healthier option but there seems to be such huge differences in points and they are so difficult to point accurately, i'd rather just get something I know I have the correct pp for. If you really like them, make some homemade ones so you know exactly whats in them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

I started at 13st 11lb so nearly the same as you! I'm 11st 9lb at the moment I'v been at it since August got to 12st 2lb very quickly and just up and down with the last half stone between Christmas.. holidays weekends away and Easter but its great to lose it even if it takes along time! also at the beginning I excersised and then stopped didnt effect my weight loss... I excersised a few times a couple of weeks ago but in general I just dont have the time I work 9-6 and not excersisng has not effected my losses

Just be as good as possible next tuesday is a long time away in ww days!! I bet if you are an angel and stick to your points you could sts!!

The book says 5, I point the ones we get at work at 12 just cause they are giant sized and i want to be careful.. if i taught they were 5 id be replacing my morning cereal with them!! Sometimes ww is about lying to your self lol i did it for long enough when i was ignoring my weight problem so can do it in a good way to hehe

P.S. Is it really bad if I am sitting here with a demi baguette (8pp), chicken fillet (6pp) peppers (0pp) and cheese (2pp) lol its all out of my dalies and I am stuffed so will just have a light dinner... the lady in the gargae must hate me.. I ask questions everyday about what she put in the soup.. whats been fried.. can you weigh the roll then add 20g of the cheese? she even gave me the email for cuisene de france ages ago thats where i got my bread propoiints lol

So I went. 12 stone 11!! Not impressed with myself at all. Or my scales at home-they told me I was much nearer 12 stone! Grr!

Anyway onwards and upwards. Snacking is my problem-Im incapable of taking one biscuit/sweet/bun/cake etc so I will have to work on that. Or take none at all!

Just uploading the recipe for the f+h banana cake bars, hope it works!!
    Attachment not found.

What artificial sweetener do you recommend? Thanks!

• Advertisement

Well I used Candarell and they turned out fine!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'd put down the 13 at the least.

Pointed a biggish one yesterday (not even the biggest I've ever had) and it was 18.

Scones are the devil.

So I went. 12 stone 11!! Not impressed with myself at all. Or my scales at home-they told me I was much nearer 12 stone! Grr!

Anyway onwards and upwards. Snacking is my problem-Im incapable of taking one biscuit/sweet/bun/cake etc so I will have to work on that. Or take none at all!

Try get something low pp if you need something sweet. Not sure if ya have a Dealz shop near you, but I swear by the WW ginger nuts. 2pp for the 2 of them and they are just as nice as the "normal" ones. Also the tesco light choices range have lots of bars and biscuits that are really low. Great with a cuppa or just for a snack. Aldi also have mini magnum ice creams for 3pp or twister ice pops are 2pp.... Lots of different options I have picked up from here! :D
    Taz1 wrote: »
    Well I used Candarell and they turned out fine!

Just on this.... I got the big tub of sweetener from Tesco, its a huge big drum of it for 99c... sooooooooooooooooo much cheaper than the canderell....

ali85 wrote: »
    Just on this.... I got the big tub of sweetener from Tesco, its a huge big drum of it for 99c... sooooooooooooooooo much cheaper than the canderell....

Is that the Tesco own brand sweetener? I must get that so. I haven't made any sweet treats since I've joined WW so I haven't bought any sweetener yet and wasn't even sure which one to buy!

ali85 wrote: »

The 75g jar of canderell is actually on offer in tesco at the moment for 1.49, thats cheaper than the small jar (45g) which is priced normally at 1.59 - bargain! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 brenmcp

Hey girls,

Am going over to my friends tonight, she s making quiche (AAAAAAAAAA0 and salad.

Am planning on taking a little slice and lots of salad.

How many pp would you give a slice of quiche?

I have 15 left for dinner so doing pretty good think.

Thanks Ali85. Just enjoying my afternoon cuppa with 2 jaffa cakes. 1 pp each according to the little booklet.

Ill have to do a shop at the weekend. I know when I did WW before Tesco did lovely little bars with the points on the side and they are cheaper than WW brand.

I will have to look at portion sizes too and I reckon Ill get a shock. I usually just go by the recommended portion sizes on packs of rice and stuff but when my boyfriend cooks, he just guesses and then spilts it between two plates so I will have to have a word with him too. I do love my fruit and veg though so that will be my saviour.

Thanks Ali85. Just enjoying my afternoon cuppa with 2 jaffa cakes. 1 pp each according to the little booklet.

1 Jaffa Cake is 1pp but 2 Jaffa Cakes are 3pp. Be careful when it comes to multiple values.

Ill have to do a shop at the weekend. I know when I did WW before Tesco did lovely little bars with the points on the side and they are cheaper than WW brand.

I will have to look at portion sizes too and I reckon Ill get a shock. I usually just go by the recommended portion sizes on packs of rice and stuff but when my boyfriend cooks, he just guesses and then spilts it between two plates so I will have to have a word with him too. I do love my fruit and veg though so that will be my saviour.

If you like wraps, sometimes the WW are quite small, even the light choices ones, but Tesco have their own brand of wraps in red and clear and purple and clear packs. They are "normal" size ones but they are only 4pp. I got some last night. They are €1.99 for 1 pack or €2.50 for two... I got the purple ones, they are seeded, just fill ya up a bit more. Their light choices sauces are delish as well... I had the Tikka the other night and I bought the sweet and sour one for tomorrow which I think is sooooo much nicer than the WW one. Its amazing the things that are quite low and even more amazing how many pp are things that you wouldn't imagine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Had my wi at lunch time and am down 5lbs :D over the moon, drank lots of water and did more exercise, think the water thing really does make a difference. Got my 2nd silver 7, total loss of 1st 1.5lbs in 7 weeks, onwards and downwards. Amazing how good and motivated you feeling when you are seeing results on the scales. Have to say find this board soooo helpful, when your having a bad day it really helps. Thanks to all posters;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Up 1.5lb!!! :( Beyond depressed. I should not have been up this week. I was expecting a loss (well not expecting seeing as my scales had me STS and up 1/2lb but think I deserved a loss)

So upset and although I feel like throwing the towel in and eating all around me, but I am going to keep going. Going to make a change this week and weigh my butter (small change and only eat butter on weekends but think it needs to be done). Also going to try and up the exercise.

P.S. Is it really bad if I am sitting here with a demi baguette (8pp), chicken fillet (6pp) peppers (0pp) and cheese (2pp) lol its all out of my dalies and I am stuffed so will just have a light dinner... the lady in the gargae must hate me.. I ask questions everyday about what she put in the soup.. whats been fried.. can you weigh the roll then add 20g of the cheese? she even gave me the email for cuisene de france ages ago thats where i got my bread propoiints lol

It's not bad at all... especially if you've done all that research into the pp of what you're eating!!! I would never be brave enough to ask the lady to be weighing bread, cheese etc. I'd probably either not eat it, and have a longing for it all day, or else I'd eat it, and guess (probably underestimating) the pp in whatever I was eating. Fair play for emailing cuisine de france!!! I'd have pp'd the chicken fillet at more, so I might well treat myself at some stage soon!!!:D

Helloooo Everyone.
    I'm almost finished my first ever F+H day, and it's the business. I never really feel hungry on ww (because I still have 34 pp every day), but I've enjoyed the change from the norm all the same. I've probably eaten a bit less than usual, but I don't feel one bit deprived. I've only used two of my weeklies so far today.... one for a tsp of sugar for my porridge (no way i'm going without that just yet!), and one for a pink and white.
    I've realised today that I've been using waaaaay too many of my dailies on snacks and treats all along, and I need to bulk up my meals from now on to avoid doing this. This can be my project for future pp counting days... but I think I might do another F+H tomorrow...In fact, I might do monday and tuesday also... I feel like I'm making a massive change, but in all honesty, I'm eating much the same food I always eat, but it's nice to challenge myself to recognise my satisfaction levels. I think that's an important skill for me to learn, if my weight loss is to be sustained in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

I think I'm a little guilty of using too many dailies on treats aswell. I think like you I'm going to try and cut down on that.

What do you all use on a daily basis. I know most days I keep about 2-3pp for a cuppa in the evening when if I used this on more nutritional food would it make a difference. Maybe try and take the 2pp out of my weeklies every day.....I'm on a thought ramble :)

Making white chocolate Florentines. Got the recipe on a Ww calendar. 3pp each and they are so easy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Feeling quite good about the week ahead weight watchers wise!

I was a little early for work this morning so I decided I'd go and get a skinny latte to bring into the office with me!
    Went into a cafe and I was soo annoyed when they said they didn't have the option of making coffee with anything but full fat milk..
    Surely these days a skinny latte is not an uncommon request.

I left a message on the cafe's facebook page and I really hope they see sense and make skimmed milk coffees available..

I also notice in many other coffee shops you really have to make sure they have heard your request for skimmed milk, it is quite frustrating..

RANT OVER! I feel better now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Making white chocolate Florentines. Got the recipe on a Ww calendar. 3pp each and they are so easy!!

Oh WOW! Could you pass on tat recipe, they sound yummy!

Cliodhna26 wrote: »

Oh WOW! Could you pass on tat recipe, they sound yummy!

I'll put it my blog later tonight when I have photos!! Took a sneaky taste of the batter and it's good. My biggest problem is that there are 3 squares of white choc left in the pack and it's calling my name from the cupboard. I might just throw it out ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Feeling quite good about the week ahead weight watchers wise!

I was a little early for work this morning so I decided I'd go and get a skinny latte to bring into the office with me!
    Went into a cafe and I was soo annoyed when they said they didn't have the option of making coffee with anything but full fat milk..
    Surely these days a skinny latte is not an uncommon request.

I left a message on the cafe's facebook page and I really hope they see sense and make skimmed milk coffees available..

I also notice in many other coffee shops you really have to make sure they have heard your request for skimmed milk, it is quite frustrating..

RANT OVER! I feel better now :D

And sometimes you have to double check....I've had it happen so many times. You ask for skimmed and they use low fat! When I'm getting it take away you can see them make it. One morning she starting making it with low fat and when I pointed this out she shrugged and said sure it's the same thing. NO IT IS NOT.... :mad:.....I made her change it....Cliodhna you brought out the rant in me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Ailey

Canderel is fine, I think hermesetas has ppts so be careful, I just use the tesco own brand as its way cheaper!:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement