Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems connecting to Xbox Live (Eircom wireless broadband)

Options
  • 01-06-2011 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm having problems connecting my accessing Xbox Live on my new Xbox 360 using my eircom wireless broadband. I've never had problems with other devices.

Every time I try to access Xbox Live I'm told I'll need to download a software update... every time I try to do that or Test my Xbox Live connection I get this error message:

"Update Failed. Can't download the update. To test your connection, open System Settings and select Network settings, Test Xbox LIVE Connection. If this problem persists go to www.xbox.com/support. Status code: 3151 - 0000 - 0300 - 8007 - 2741."

I've been through the threads here, the xbox website and I've tried relaxing all the security features on my wireless router but to no avail. As this problem is happening "out-of-the-box" I'm posting this thread in the hope someone might have had a similar issue and might be able to give my some ideas regarding a solution.

Thanks for reading this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gunerone

hi may be a long shot but I had a siilar problem just getting on to x box live recently and what I found out was a neighbour had just got the new eircom broadband in with a 3 areil router what this done was interup my signal as with there new router the signal is extremly strong and this caused my signal to fail constantly and making connecting to live impossible what I had to do was to reset the
    wireless channel to a different one than my neighbours most eircom channels are number 7 like I said before this is just a shot in the dark but may be worth a look if you think the x box is the problem try setting up from scratch again through setting !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭need a aeg

you need to call eircom and tell them to open the ports for xbox live (they know what they are) and try that and if that doesnt work go to xbox live.com and put the download you need on to a disc (its on the website) and put it in your xbox and shibang but try the first its most likely the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

I had the same issue when I got a new XBOX360s. I could connect using the netopia router before without any issues. When I got the 360s I was unable to connect. I had to set the firewall on the eircom router to its lowest settings and this worked.:)

Advertisement