Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom bill mysticism

Options
  • 25-07-2011 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

This is what I have ordered on the 8th of June:

eircom Next Generation Broadband REGULAR & eircom talktime chatter

€44.98 per month first 6 months
    Standard price €51.78* thereafter
    • Price includes line rental and VAT
    • Up to 8Mb uncongested broadband
    • Unlimited usage allowance
    • Unlimited local & national calls off–peak†
    • 30 FREE any network mobile minutes off–peak
    Lets get my calculator, 44.98 * 2 = 89.96 Am I right? Well, ye are and ye aren't.

This is what I'm getting:

First month bill total 31.20
    Second month bill total 71.45

Right, the calculator is no use here, let get some candles, tarrot cards, and maybe try to read from the stars.

Lets have a look at second months bill breakdown:
    eircom talktime chatter 27.15
    next generation broadband regular 24.79
    eircom bundle promotion credit -5.62
    talktime / broadband bundle -9.15 - cards are telling me all of the above is my broadband package
    provide next generation broadband basic 24.68 (I was on Basic plan for the first two weeks, but the first month, not the second??)
    broadband promotion connection credit -24.80 (I get 0.12 bonus, woohoo)
    charge for next generation broadband basic 20.40
    credit for next generation broadband basic -9.52
    charge for next generation broadband regular 10.66 - stars imply that this is last month's missing bit
    call charges 0.46 (oh, I recognize that!)
    VAT 12.40 (I can even use calculator again!)

This has provided me with so much flavour to my otherwise dull life - I rang Eircom at least 5 times trying to make sense out of bills and what exactly have I signed up for, routed across my account details on eircom.net, and had so much fun with the mystery of the bill! I mean who wants just a boring ol' bill for 44.98? Thank you Eircom! ...NOT!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

birchtree wrote: »

Eircom bill mysticism

Lets get my calculator, 44.98 * 2 = 89.96 Am I right? Well, ye are and ye aren't.

Right, the calculator is no use here, let get some candles, tarrot cards, and maybe try to read from the stars.

talktime / broadband bundle -9.15 - cards are telling me all of the above is my broadband package
    provide next generation broadband basic 24.68 (I was on Basic plan for the first two weeks, but the first month, not the second??)
    charge for next generation broadband regular 10.66 - stars imply that this is last month's missing bit

This has provided me with so much flavour to my otherwise dull life - I rang Eircom at least 5 times trying to make sense out of bills and what exactly have I signed up for, routed across my account details on eircom.net, and had so much fun with the mystery of the bill! I mean who wants just a boring ol' bill for 44.98? Thank you Eircom! ...NOT!

Eircom might be into a lot of things, but "mysticism" isn't one of them as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭birchtree

well if you can't explain something, then its mystic, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Talk to eircom

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

well if you can't explain something, then its mystic, right?

No, that would be a mystery as Eircom moves in mysterious ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi birchtree
    what can I say, yes that does appear 'slightly' convoluted :oin our defense the first bills are normally more complicated than the remaining bills which will have the set monthly charges / rental fee clearly shown.
    This bill does appear to have undergone changes from one package to another ( thus the mention of Basic and Regular broadband ) and initial services supplied fell outside of official billing periods, therefore partial billing shows up on both the first and second bill.
    Took me a while to get my head around this and now after only a few years seems obvious:D
    Our apologies that this could not have been made more clear but every action and charge has to be described the bill.
    If you have any query re this or your next billing period just let me know and I'll get my official cards out.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭roonimirza

Dealing with very similar issue and very upset! When this robbery going to end in this country..seem there are mafias running the show..why cant they just give us the price.. including vat and cap it.. going to cancel eircom now..and also look the the image of the speed.. when I am paying..
    53.96€ / month ..of so called Eircom Next Generation Broadband.. 8MB :mad:

Advertisement