Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get into tattooing ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Guitarist93

Melion wrote: »
    And just please take one piece of advice. Do not become a scratcher just because you can draw. Do not buy a machine and start tattooing people out of your kitchen, no shop will ever take you seriously if you go in and say you were doing that.

I know, i wouldnt do that I much rather try get into a shop and learn from an artist than try and teach myself. A lad i know does that, he has a whole room in his apartment and it literally is a tattoo studio. i told him to go to a shop but he didnt. its a shame he's a fantastic drawer, but in fairness some of the tattoo's he's done are amazing but i still wouldnt do that myself.

Melion wrote: »
    Just because you are able to draw doesnt mean you will make it as a tattoo artist. There is a big difference between drawing and tattooing someone. Ive got myself an apprenticeship in a shop luckily. A few weeks ago i couldnt draw a stick figure, i have improved so much in 2 weeks its unbelievable. It will be a long time before i am tattooing anyone and ive accepted that. Its a hard business to get in to, now that i am in it, im going to work as hard as i can to make sure i stay here.

Obviously i know that just because i can draw doesnt mean i can become a tattoo artist. i know that it can take years of hard work and practise to become one, i would also accept that. i wouldnt mind goin 2 years or so without tattooig some1. its all part of the learning process and that doesnt bother me, i would put 100 % into learning how to tattoo and hopefully becoming a tattoo artist

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭sonyvision

fella that does my tattoo does not work from a shop, but has his own place set up at home, which at first hearing its in a shed put me off the idea, untill i seen it. Tbh its cleaner then any shop i have seen so far

ah about 90-120 a session thats from 2-4 hours, he does it as a hobby but is really after improving over the last 3 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

a scratcher you mean

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

sonyvision wrote: »
    ah about 90-120 a session thats from 2-4 hours, he does it as a hobby but is really after improving over the last 3 years

Awesome.

I mean, when I'm getting ink that'll be there forever, I totally want the guy inking me to be improving a bit every few years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 andyro

here you go, i have uploaded 2 black panther pictures i drew and a koi fish that i drew today. i am going to colour the koi fish because i think it will look better.. Attachment not found. Attachment not found. tattoo machines parts
    I think you need is an apprenticeship. An apprentice is someone who learns a skill from someone else already skilled in the trade. Good job:)

andyro wrote: »
    I think you need is an apprenticeship. An apprentice is someone who learns a skill from someone else already skilled in the trade. Good job:)

Thank you, i know what an apprenteship is but there very hard to get. but i will make a portfolio and show some tattoo artists and see if they would give me an apprenteship. Sure if they dont i will go to college and study art then try grt into tattooing then..

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭morcheen k

you could just buy the gear off e-bay and declare yourself a tattooist. my neighbour did !!!!!!!!!!!! i don't think he could freehand draw a stick man :(

morcheen k wrote: »
    you could just buy the gear off e-bay and declare yourself a tattooist. my neighbour did !!!!!!!!!!!! i don't think he could freehand draw a stick man :(
    Why would i bother doing that ? i want to work in a tattoo shop. i rather train for years to be a tattoo artist than be a scratcher, and i want to be known as a tattoo artist and not a scratcher..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Why would i bother doing that ? i want to work in a tattoo shop. i rather train for years to be a tattoo artist than be a scratcher, and i want to be known as a tattoo artist and not a scratcher..

In fairness, I think he was being sarcastic, as obviously his neighbour is no good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭morcheen k

sorry,i didn't mean to annoy you.you are going about it the right way,unlike my neighbour :mad:

morcheen k wrote: »
    sorry,i didn't mean to annoy you.you are going about it the right way,unlike my neighbour :mad:

You didnt annoy me, sorry if you think you did.. i was just aying like why would i bother doing it that way.. i didnt get annoyed at all ha

Advertisement