Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live woe's

• 10-10-2011 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I recently have had a new router installed by Eircom. Since then I have been disconnected every 15-20 Minutes. I believe it maybe some problem with the upnp set up on the router. Could anyone please advise me how I could fix this problem? :confused:

The router which was recently installed is a Zyxel p-660hw-t1v3

Please help!!!:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Check if the router has a setting for "always on" if it's not set the connection will timeout after a few minutes of inactivity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Login to the router,click wireless settings,and change the re-authentication setting from whatever it is (usually 1800 seconds) and increase its setting to 9999 seconds.Worked for me when I had eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

yeah that might do it, have a mess around in the router settings... stuff like the lease time or MTU settings or some shizzle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

I wouldn't keep messing around with the settings u could be making things worse on yourself. Go onto Xbox lives site and listen to their instructions. Having said that I did mess around with mine till I got it right. There's so many possibilites of what it may be.

same here followed xbox's instructions after their page they direct you to works and no use... having a fiddle solves all problems

just remember what you done of course

• Advertisement

Firewall was why I couldn't connect. But took me a while to figure that one out. Also very important if you're using an Ethernet to enable "Local Area Connection" on your router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Login to the router,click wireless settings,and change the re-authentication setting from whatever it is (usually 1800 seconds) and increase its setting to 9999 seconds.Worked for me when I had eircom.

think that's why mine always disconnects after 30 minutes exactly
    but can't find where to change it from 1800 to 9999

edit: think I got it sorted, will test in the morning

think that's why mine always disconnects after 30 minutes exactly
    but can't find where to change it from 1800 to 9999

edit: think I got it sorted, will test in the morning

Whenever asked about being disconnected from Xbox Live people are always saying open the ports...open the ports...don't understand eircoms setup at all. Seems a little too far fetched and complicated. Especially when having to change numbers, I thought it was all about the ports once it came to having disconnect problems.

You Tube has loads of stuff on changing your settings. NAT to open is another one. So many. As much as I love Xbox Live, it would do your bloody head in sometimes.

It's not too hard to sort out once ya know a lil' bout what the jimini jazz is going on... Tonnes o' tutorials nowadays. I remember trying to configure my first router years ago, it's a bit of a learning but once you get it, its easy.. the port opening thing takes minutes to do

I just stick the xbox IP in the routers dmz, solves everything in one easy step

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

I have a similar problem that happens frequently could not obtain ip address please dissconnect your router for 30 seconds and try again.Why does this happen..i dont know its just very frustrating.

• Advertisement

Try giving it a static ip ^

Advertisement