Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Problem.

Options
  • 13-10-2011 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello, got a bit of a problem just wondering if i can get some help :) .

A friend of mine contacted me the other day saying that she couldnt connect her laptop to her new Eircom connection (zyxel modem) so she brought her laptop into me, I connected it to my Eircom (i have the NGB but i use the old silver netopia modem) and it connected no problem.
    The next day i called to her house and brought my laptop, It and my phone connected to her broadband no problem. I also brought my unused zyxel modem with me and plugged it in in place of her one and her computer connected to it no problem. So i rang Eircom and went through
    the whole process of checking her modem and still no luck so they sent out a new one. Once again her computer wouldnt connect to the new one either. On the off chance that there might have been a problem wit the computer i reformatted it (needed a cleaning anyway) but no luck
    it still wouldnt connect. i dont understand how her computer will connect to my 2 eircom modems no problem but not to her own 2, especially when my computer and phone will connect to her 2.

Hopefully you can make sense of what im saying, im not the best at explaining things.

Any additional information needed just ask.

Cheers.

Advertisement