Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Once off charge to use custom avatars.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I also had my custom avatar remain when both my subscriptions ran out.

Same.
    Have had it when sub ran out also during and after my two mod sessions too.

Still there. Not changing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Mod favouritism yada yada yada

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Rabies wrote: »
    Same.
    Have had it when sun ran out also during and after my two mod sessions too.

Still there. Not changing it.
    Why does it not appear under your Username in a Thread?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

phasers wrote: »
    Mod favouritism yada yada yada
    Nah, they had to give us something to replace the coke and hookers.. recession and all. :)
    He's no longer a mod.

Steve wrote: »
    Nah, they had to give us something to replace the coke and hookers.. recession and all. :)

He's no longer a mod.
    You have a Pic in your Profile and it doesn't appear either.

• Advertisement

Check your settings in your CP Hal, I can see both their avatars.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

You have a Pic in your Profile and it doesn't appear either.
    :confused:

My profile pic here is the same as my avatar.

Don't get you there. :)

Check your settings in your CP Hal, I can see both their avatars.
    :eek: really??

What did I change??

I was messing around in there, I'll check it out, thanks.
    Steve wrote: »
    :confused:

My profile pic here is the same as my avatar.

Don't get you there. :)
    I can't see this fella avatar61898_5.gif under your Username in Threads but it's in your Profile page in the statistics box.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Not a subscriber now.
    Haven't been for a few years.

Really should do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Any update on this? =p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Any update on this? =p
    Sub run out URL?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Any updates yet? :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

If I had to guess, I'd say it's still on the bottom of Dav's very long list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

I'd be interested in having a custom Avatar but €5 a month seems a little much to justify subscribing, for that perk alone and so I'd also like to request a system where a one-off payment is required.

Actually, I think an bi-annual payment specifically for use of custom avatars would be a good compromise: something along the lines of say €10 every six months. Maybe also come up with some other perks for subscribers, so that the avatar alone is not the main reason why users subscribe (which appears to the case right now).

Just my thoughts on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I subscribe because I appreciate the good service provided for free. I dont do it for an Avatar or any of the other perks. It's appreciation for a site I use daily.

But I agree.... An Avatar shouldn't be scrubbed the minute the sub ends IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

When is subbing without the need for paypal rolling out? Was supposed to be months back wasn't it?

acb.jpg

I'm far to lazy to go and set up paypal.

Also +1 to leaving custom avatars after sub ends, they break up all the blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

they break up all the blue.
    Just in case you are unaware, there are a bunch of other skins available. Go to your user options and scroll down to the bottom and check out the alternatives under Forum Skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

We're looking at subs a lot more seriously this year and trying to figure out a way to offer some genuine thanks to anyone who does subscribe.

I was under the impression that a custom avatar remained after a sub ends - that's the way it should be as far as I'm concerned - I'll check with tech.

I'm not sure where the idea that we were supposed to have sorted a non-PayPal method out by now has come from - that's never been high on the list.

Oh, by the way - all those other skins Malice is mentioning - they're going away soon, don't get too atached to them. They're a huge strain on the tech team's time cause every time they do something on the front end of the site, they have to replicate the changes across all the skins and that's not sustainable. We've been saying that they're going away for about 2 years now, so this shouldn't be a shock or surprise to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Boards Beta ftw anyway

Nooooo, I love my classic skin!

I once posted a screenshot for something and someone called it "The ugliest skin I've ever seen" and it really upset me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I once posted a screenshot for something and someone called it "The ugliest skin I've ever seen" and it really upset me

You sure they were referring to the boards skin? :D

Dav wrote: »
    We're looking at subs a lot more seriously this year and trying to figure out a way to offer some genuine thanks to anyone who does subscribe.
    Make Bmail work!!tongue.gif

Ah no, what ever happened to that though?

Start a Thread and you'll have loads of ideas.

I was under the impression that a custom avatar remained after a sub ends - that's the way it should be as far as I'm concerned - I'll check with tech.
    I was just going to say you've said that somewhere before, but it's actually on pg1 of this Thread.

I'm not sure where the idea that we were supposed to have sorted a non-PayPal method out by now has come from - that's never been high on the list.

vvvvvv

DeVore wrote: »
    We're working on getting CC processing facilities for Boards. You quite simply would not believe the hoops we have had to jump through.

Then they told us they thought we were too small and an "internet startup". Basically if you arent a multinational, you can forget getting a merchant account in this country because the banks just wont do it.

Hope to have that sorted in a few months. Yes, it will take that long frown.gif

DeV.

From here (9 months ago), ironically I probably could have set up Paypal with the amount of time it took to find that.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Oh, by the way - all those other skins Malice is mentioning - they're going away soon, don't get too atached to them. They're a huge strain on the tech team's time cause every time they do something on the front end of the site, they have to replicate the changes across all the skins and that's not sustainable. We've been saying that they're going away for about 2 years now, so this shouldn't be a shock or surprise to anyone.

Ah no, I'm going to lose the Cloud skin :( It's the only one that isn't too severe on my eyes. Feck :(

Herrick wrote: »
    Ah no, I'm going to lose the Cloud skin :( It's the only one that isn't too severe on my eyes. Feck :(
    Install Flux, you can use a 40 inch TV as you monitor then and it won't affect your eyes!;):pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Install Flux, you can use a 40 inch TV as you monitor then and it won't affect your eyes!;):pac:

Well it more the fact that the Cloud skin had white text on a black background, which I found far more comfortable to read without getting a headache.

But if we will have no choice but the default skin, Flux should help a lot.

Thanks Avalanche.

I'm going to miss Boards Iompar Eireann skin for the very same reason. White writing on black background for the win!

:(

edited to add, I also use f.lux, but I still don't like reading message boards with black text on white

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

f.lux ftw.

Boards is far easier to read with a dark skin.

I like my classic skin beause it's a lighter colour background, but not white. It's like an off-white or something.

White backgrounds give me a headache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I'm sure it's not that bad.

*clicks on classic skin*

Oh god!

puke3.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement