Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Test Your Hype! (Saturday, 10/12/11)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

sure could head up mine if no1 there and jun doesnt have your mk
    nah i dont think be able to get funds to go it,buyin bb when get the chance

You're actually gonna take BB seriously? I'm kinda impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Kuro Tao wrote: »

yea the fun factor is was brought me to mk is the 1st place and watching bb at casuals at xgc it does look very fun,the fact it has deep story intrested me2
    all there is now is the period of gettin bodied till i figure out the game haha and gettin used to back for block :o

plus be nice to have something else to play when mk not being played on a certain day

weird question-is there a baraka/mileena style of char in bb
    at 1st glance-"lamba" for mileena cause of those projectiles
    "arkuna" for baraka cause hes just odd looking and was told he low enough on the tier list

ps.sorry if gettin names wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

yea the fun factor is was brought me to mk is the 1st place and watching bb at casuals at xgc it does look very fun,the fact it has deep story intrested me2
    all there is now is the period of gettin bodied till i figure out the game haha and gettin used to back for block :o

plus be nice to have something else to play when mk not being played on a certain day

at 1st glance-"lamba" ford mileena cause of those projectiles
    "arkuna" for baraka cause hes just odd looking and was told he low enough on the tier list

Myself and Dark Onion (and maybe kuro Tao) would be good people to play in BB and not get bodied by since we're pretty new to it ourselves.

I can't comment on character similarities between BB and mk. I doubt you'll be able to draw any direct comparisons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

at 1st glance-"lamba" for mileena cause of those projectiles

The thing about Arakune is that at the start of the match, almost every match up is not in his favour. Then he builds curse meter and this happens....

Myself and Dark Onion (and maybe kuro Tao) would be good people to play in BB and not get bodied by since we're pretty new to it ourselves.

I can't comment on character similarities between BB and mk. I doubt you'll be able to draw any direct comparisons.

thanks dave :)

yea i doubt being able to find direct links but pretty much im asking,
    whos the most annoying bitch in the game to fight and who is a low tier char that no uses that has evil potential ;)

• Advertisement

Naphiel wrote: »
    The thing about Arakune is that at the start of the match, almost every match up is not in his favour. Then he builds curse meter and this happens....

see thats what im taking about when say evil potential :cool:
    yea in vids i watched the word "curse" was like every 3 word and alot about bees?? :confused:

I'm still fairly new to the game myself, but if I'm alright by Chuey's standards I guess I must be doing something right.

And, evil potential but under played? *ahem* Carl.

thanks dave :)

yea i doubt being able to find direct links but pretty much im asking,
    whos the most annoying bitch in the game to fight and who is a low tier char that no uses that has evil potential ;)

Annoying to fight? Hazama. His play style seriously revolves around trolling. He's far from low tier though, if you want someone low tier that can be hell to fight, try someone like Mu or Arakune.
    I'm still fairly new to the game myself, but if I'm alright by Chuey's standards I guess I must be doing something right.

And, evil potential but under played? *ahem* Carl.

Not any more. :cool:

Annoying to fight? Hazama. His play style seriously revolves around trolling. He's far from low tier though, if you want someone low tier that can be hell to fight, try someone like Mu or Arakune.

Not any more. :cool:

Is that a hint there Naphiel? :v

Is that a hint there Naphiel? :v

It is, I'm playing Carl for TYH.
    ............until I eventually lose a match and end up switching back to Hakumen. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

It is, I'm playing Carl for TYH.
    ............until I eventually lose a match and end up switching back to Hakumen. :pac:

Gotta be a half genius to pay Carl

also, **** ps3 pads

Got home and bodied people on xbl so comfortably, didn't get my 8k combo though:( did do midscreen 5.5k though:D

Hazama is thee biggest throll in fighting games

Nutrient wrote: »
    Gotta be a half genius to pay Carl

also, **** ps3 pads

Got home and bodied people on xbl so comfortably, didn't get my 8k combo though:( did do midscreen 5.5k though:D

Hazama is thee biggest throll in fighting games

so without even buyin the game yet,it looks like ill be playing hazama and arakune :P

for the bb noob,why is hazama so trolly?
    i find it hard to think of a more trolly char than mileena, down4 with the "dont be mad" and "oooh did that hurt" after xray combos.....oh wait sheeva :P

so without even buyin the game yet,it looks like ill be playing hazama and arakune :P

i find it hard to think of a more trolly char than mileena, down4 with the "dont be mad" and "oooh did that hurt" after xray combos.....oh wait sheeva :P

Don't get me wrong, hes a throll but, he's also really awkward to pick up at first

who is a low tier char that no uses that has evil potential

Tager.

Voa wrecks us with him though.

He's a troll pretty much only in the plot.

In the game he's Top Tier, but confusing to play as.

None of the BB character really play like each other, of even have close equivilents in other games.
    You really need to sit down with a copy of the game, and just go through all the playable characters and what their D button does.

That will give you a decently broad but shallow overview of their playstyles.

Tager.

Voa wrecks us with him though.

He's a troll pretty much only in the plot.

In the game he's Top Tier, but confusing to play as.

None of the BB character really play like each other, of even have close equivilents in other games.
    You really need to sit down with a copy of the game, and just go through all the playable characters and what their D button does.

That will give you a decently broad but shallow overview of their playstyles.

Actually, if you're not playing Hazama like a troll, you're doing it wrong. You have to be agitating and hard to hit so they start to make mistakes, and then you get them with your chains, which leads to a pretty poor damage but high meter gain combo. Then it's basically just hit confirm, Jayoku Houtenjin, combo for 5K and most of the meter back.

Actually, if you're not playing Hazama like a troll, you're doing it wrong

It's entirely likely that I am doing it wrong. I'm pretty bad at the game.

However 1m3's question seemed more based on character personality during the match (apparently Mileena has trollish voice samples mid-fight); and I don't think that applies to Hamaza since he's either pretending to be a pencil pushing bureaucrat (vs most) or acts like a crazy mofo (vs Ragna).

Rachel, Tao and Makoto all appear to be the characters who don't take the fight or their opponents terribly seriously (for different reasons).
    Tao even has a battle win pose where she points her ass at her fallen opponent, slaps it a few times and says "Haha, no match for me."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Paging GorySnake to this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Nutrient wrote: »

Ah right, don't tell 1man3letters but i have 2 of them lmao!

All the best,
    Razer

Ah right, don't tell 1man3letters but i have 2 of them lmao!

All the best,
    Razer

oh really.....:mad::mad::mad:
    its just the same tshirt in the pics,front and back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Play Noel, she's really cool and has fun combos and mashable moves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Play Noel, she's a girl

FYP :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Orim wrote: »
    FYP :P

I have no comeback

oh really.....:mad::mad::mad:
    its just the same tshirt in the pics,front and back

I didn't post those pics man, i have one from the actual e3 show that year and one straight from NRS HQ. Ill post pics when i get home at the weekend.

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Hmm. I might try learn some basic MK for this to show a little support for the new guys in the community. Doubt I'll be any good, but oh well. :P

Also Hazama IS a troll in fights. Seriously. His grab whiff is the biggest troll ever, and it's decently safe too. At least with English voices. Maybe it's just the way I play him, even though I'm not very good. InbeforeIdo10+taunts in a match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

So that's the 10th of Dec?

What console are you using? I am playing on xbox pad. Have not been playing much MK lately but will get back into it and give it a go for z craic.

eco2live wrote: »
    So that's the 10th of Dec?

What console are you using? I am playing on xbox pad. Have not been playing much MK lately but will get back into it and give it a go for z craic.

It's going to be PS3. It's not a case of being unable to run the latest balance patch, but a contest of popularity. More of the guys who play MK play it on PS3.

Just to clarify, MK and BB will both be PS3 only, but 3S will be 360 only.

3S on 360? Suppose it gives me an excuse to start using my stick with converter again lol.

Also for 1man3letters:

Proof of my 2 MK9 E3 2010 shirts. 1 in my hand and the other behind those dvds in the background. :)

DSC01549.jpg

All the best,
    Razer

Due to a high demand for a lot of the new games, I'm going to go by a "voters choice" for the third side tourney game.
    MK 2v2 and Blazblue are definite, then for the third game there are a few options.
    Check the poll.

looks like its gonna be marvel

• Advertisement

C'mon KoF!

Advertisement