Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Optic Broadband Availabiltity

Options
  • 30-12-2011 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Does anybody here know if the UPC fibre optic broadband has arrived in the Cavan area yet? I'm still on an Eircom 1mb connection with a family of 8 using it at the same time and it takes ages to load and online gaming is impossible so I really need something better like the 20-25mb connection. Can anyone confirm if I would be able to get it yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

cirx08 wrote: »
    Does anybody here know if the UPC fibre optic broadband has arrived in the Cavan area yet? I'm still on an Eircom 1mb connection with a family of 8 using it at the same time and it takes ages to load and online gaming is impossible so I really need something better like the 20-25mb connection. Can anyone confirm if I would be able to get it yet?

The short answer is no and the long answer is no.
    Here is the current availability of UPC:
    http://www.upc.ie/media/2009/6/30/map_ireland.jpg

You could look for alternative suppliers like Fixed wireless...

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cirx08

Thanks, I guess i'm stuck being overcharged by Eircom or Vodafone for an 8mb package then which they've told me will only really get me about 6mb at max :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Thanks, I guess i'm stuck being overcharged by Eircom or Vodafone for an 8mb package then which they've told me will only really get me about 6mb at max :/

Consider yourself lucky you have better broadband than the majority of the country...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

It's a million times better than a 3G dongle that doesn't work and an 18 month three way contract between you, the Dept of Communications Energy and Natural Resources and 3, that you cannot break!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

UPC are not in Cavan which is controlled by Smyths Cable and who promised fibre powered BB in 'late 2012'

http://www.cablevision.ie/about.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭funnyname

Have any FWA provider started reselling UPC or Eircom fibre, if not are we far away from that happening?

Advertisement