Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Racist Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

gbee wrote: »
    You know, I have, repeatedly. You don't want to listen. So it's no skin off my nose, I won't be deported but, some of what is said here, reinforces deportation policies.

Your last few posts are like ramblings of a mad man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Some 'healthy' looking girls to say the least

As yous can see, Nigerians have a lot of 'Sass' while Camaroonies (not sure right) have a more playful nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

K-9 wrote: »
    There is no need for stuff like that whatsoever, .

It's the broken record syndrome. I've been debating with at least six individuals using the same user name. How can I tell, the fact is I can.

Does he or they take that on board and say, do we? We never realised that! But no, the group just gang up and issue stereotypical responses.

I do appreciate KingVictor's input, and I can understand a problem that he has in identifying another black race.

The white race as it has evolved has different vision, it may have evolved better resolution because the white blinds the eye, that effect may make the white eye better at distinguishing black races in a way that black people may not appreciate.

So, just because he cannot differentiate different black peoples, it does not mean that the whites cannot. We might not know their tribal name.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

Opinions, opinions, everywhere,

Opinions, opinions, why do we care.

Nobody is right and nobody is wrong.

Everybody is right and everybody is wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It's the broken record syndrome. I've been debating with at least six individuals using the same user name. How can I tell, the fact is I can.

Does he or they take that on board and say, do we? We never realised that! But no, the group just gang up and issue stereotypical responses.

I do appreciate KingVictor's input, and I can understand a problem that he has in identifying another black race.

The white race as it has evolved has different vision, it may have evolved better resolution because the white blinds the eye, that effect may make the white eye better at distinguishing black races in a way that black people may not appreciate.

So, just because he cannot differentiate different black peoples, it does not mean that the whites cannot. We might not know their tribal name.

Its just a personal hate of mine, posters going on about knowing better, I've wrote pieces like you said, or others going on about degrees. When asked for the pieces like I did they get defensive or you never hear from them again.

People qualified in an area generally don't go on about it as they bore people to death, they just impart their knowledge and don't make a song and dance about it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Your last few posts are like ramblings of a mad man

Excellent, you're getting better, congratulations.

Thanks Nodin. You know that the foreign services centre in North Main Street has lost it's funding. I expect this will be nationwide in the next few months.

Ryan Air is also in discussions to take deportees to Nigeria, his pilots won't be threatened and they will land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Excellent, you're getting better, congratulations.

Thanks Nodin. You know that the foreign services centre in North Main Street has lost it's funding. I expect this will be nationwide in the next few months.

Ryan Air is also in discussions to take deportees to Nigeria, his pilots won't be threatened and they will land.

...semi-coherent babble time, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Sweet Jebus. Maybe black people's eyes are too close together too.

There's an unbelievable amount of nonsense from a lot of people in this thread:

Rabble rabble Black Nigerians look different from all other black people, rabble rabble they're all rude! rabble rabble couldn't leave a woman alone with one rabble rabble sure they're taking all our jobs/sure they're all fiddlin' the dole rabble rabble this one fella I saw...rabble f**king rabble.

There are good and people of all ethnicities and nationalities, that's all there is to it really.

Threads like these are always depressing. The most depressing thing is that they keep cropping up.

they just impart their knowledge and don't make a song and dance about it.

But, is it not thus that protest so much, repeatedly, as is now. It's called a broken record for a reason, it repeats.

I've actually not made that much repeats. I did quantify, but more fool me, I know the scorpion, and I should know better, I should just be another broken record, like Nodin.

Maybe they are. As in this thread:
    FACTS: Some white people report that they can identify Nigerians.
    FACTS: Some Nigerian people say they CANNOT distinguish other black people by sight.

So you want to be surely or think there may be something in this.

• Advertisement

Maybe they are. As in this thread:
    FACTS: Some white people report that they can identify Nigerians.
    FACTS: Some Nigerian people say they CANNOT distinguish other black people by sight.

So you want to be surely or think there may be something in this.

FACTS: Some people report the moon landing was fake.
    In fairness, their evidence is better than posting a few pictures of different nationalities.
    Does your amazing ability to tell nationalities by sight just work on nigerians, or is it all nationalities? Does it work if someone was born there and moved out at an early age?

Nodin wrote: »
    ...semi-coherent babble time, is it?

No. It's just showing that funds for immigrants has dried up, no free English, no free law, not free appeals and charter aircraft won't bring back deportees as they won't be 'government' planes.

FACTS: Some people report the moon landing was fake.

Which one? And which part, cause we know categorically that the first Moon Landing missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pb4378

I know this is an extreme example, but isn't it sad that there are people like this in Ireland. As an ex-pat living in Sydney these last 11 years, I feel that there is a fair amount of hypocrisy among many of us Irish and most other nationalities, lesser shades of grey than this particular example. Australia has welcomed me with open arms, but when you're white, English-speaking and Irish, Australians like you, they feel a natural affinity - I wonder though what this Nigerian guy's experience would have been like if he came to Oz? Why do we feel so threatened by difference????

pb4378 wrote: »
    Why do we feel so threatened by difference????

Pardon me, what difference. YOU are a GOD in Australia. Pity my mother got sick 50 years ago an missed the free boat.

Black people in Ireland are certainly not in your class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Leftist wrote: »
    Wait until you read the replies to that from the knuckle draggers.

Irish people have a strong reputation for racism. As emigrants to USA, Uk and Australia.
    It comes from our enviroment, which was dominated by one race, one religion and sectarianism.

Please leave the monkeys out of this, they're innocent I tells ya

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I know it's only one man's story, but I've seen it so many times, people skipping taxis because of the driver being black. It's just pathetic, I feel sorry for them.

Basically, you would have to be there in the taxi to see this, or do you stalk taxis to their destinations?

That is disgusting. Sorry to hear that.

But the real victims here are the irish people who have been insulted on this thread. Their heroics in struggling through such brutal treatment is a lesson to you and your kind.

Just don't ask me to get in your taxi.

Most blatant racist remark in this thread so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

I know it's only one man's story, but I've seen it so many times, people skipping taxis because of the driver being black. It's just pathetic, I feel sorry for them.

Oh jesus.

Sorry, but foreign taxi drivers are

a- More likely to try to take a long route, or not know/ pretend not to know the best route

b- More likely to spend the entire journey having a hands free convo in another language

c- Less likely to cut off the extras

Honestly. It is not racist to say that a larger proportion of black drivers try to diddle the fare a bit. It is not racist to say alot of them are either clueless as to the route or pretend not to know to bleed an extra few quid out of it. It is not racist to say that most Irish drivers round to the nearest euro or half euro if the amt goes to say, 19.10 or 19.20, but foreign drivers demand every penny.

Grow up. Really. Not saying this applies to all foreign drivers but generally they show alot less fair play than Irish drivers.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭RainbowRose81

There's an unbelievable amount of nonsense from a lot of people in this thread:

Rabble rabble Black Nigerians look different from all other black people, rabble rabble they're all rude! rabble rabble couldn't leave a woman alone with one rabble rabble sure they're taking all our jobs/sure they're all fiddlin' the dole rabble rabble this one fella I saw...rabble f**king rabble.

There are good and people of all ethnicities and nationalities, that's all there is to it really.

Threads like these are always depressing. The most depressing thing is that they keep cropping up.

I agree. Can they not just stop judging people who are different to them just because they are living here. If i was not white or a different ethnicity I wouldn't come to Ireland. I would go to a multi cultural society where cultural difference is fully integrated part of society and at least I know there would equality and a chance to towards socially mobility which usually is a long hard struggle in Ireland even if you are Irish which I am, if you are one or more of these things: (a) Not an expert/highly qualified with phd in your field (b) Not Irish (c) Different in any way, shape or form and different to the norm (not good or bad difference) (d) Not wealthy or know an influential person or government member

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The rabble I see on this thread is against Irish people

Much the same as the hotel thread where I learned all Irish people were lazy and all non nationals were superb workers :(

So for this thread just look at post five
    Im afraid I am a racist. More and more when I go for a taxi I can't help hopeing to avoid a white taxi driver.

Oh jesus.

a- More likely to try to take a long route, or not know/ pretend not to know the best route

b- More likely to spend the entire journey having a hands free convo in another language

Honestly. It is not racist to say that a larger proportion of black drivers try to diddle the fare a bit. It is not racist to say alot of them are either clueless as to the route or pretend not to know to bleed an extra few quid out of it. It is not racist to say that most Irish drivers round to the nearest euro or half euro if the amt goes to say, 19.10 or 19.20, but foreign drivers demand every penny.

Grow up. Really. Not saying this applies to all foreign drivers but generally they show alot less fair play than Irish drivers.
    Funny, complete opposite in my experience. Better chance of a Dublin driver ripping you off, going a longer way or generally having a bad experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

mikemac1 wrote: »

Much the same as the hotel thread where I learned all Irish people were lazy and all non nationals were superb workers :(

It's an irish forum. Irish people are using it. Irish people are commenting on irish mannerisms or faults in our society.

Yet it's against Irish people.

How can we victimise ourselves as a nation, amongst ourselves?

Why isn't anyone else seeing the absolute absurdity in this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Funny, complete opposite in my experience. Better chance of a Dublin driver ripping you off, going a longer way or generally having a bad experience.
    Not in Cork thankfully.

And as i said on page 3 i would sooner take a cab where the driver knows where he is going and won't take me out the South Ring road on a tour of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

to get back to the main question

No, I will not get into a black taxi for the following reasons

1. Had bad experience with taximan (who later was up in court for assault against a female taxi driver). I was speaking to another passenger, the taximan butted in, and gave his opinion whether we liked it or not. I got out at my destination and he tried to rip me off. I called an alternative taxi company and asked what the price would be for the trip, they quoted me half the price. I told the taximan I would not be overcharged. He caught my bag of chips and slammed them into my face. (by the way he ended up being nigerian)

2. Again got into a taxi into town. Black driver. Took forever to pick me up. I asked him when I got into the cab why it took so long. He said he had just arrived into the country the previous night and was driving his cousins car. He then proceeded to ask me where various "well known" areas were.

3. I have personally seen black taxi drivers jump the rank, and squeeze in at the top of the rank When an Irish man gets out of his taxi to tell him there is a procedure, the white man gets abused up to the high hilt and called a racist for picking on the black taxi man. I have seen this on more than one occasion.

4. I now always make a point of getting into a reputable taxi company who knows where they are going, will issue receipts and has all their paperwork on hand. If I were to get attacked in the taxi at least then I could go back to the company and report the driver. Most of the black taxi men and some irish taxi drivers are "independent" Once you get in you better take their number, car reg, car type because if anything happens in these "indepdendent" taxis you have no come back unless you have ALL the details and description of the car and the driver (who is going to do this after a few drinks). Better safe than sorry.

and finally, I have no problem whatsoever in passing by 100 drivers until I get the one that I want to drive me home. I wouldn't go into a shop and buy the first item I saw, I have a choice. This applies to my taxi home also. Doesn't make me racist. People need to wise up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

to get back to the main question

1. Had bad experience with taximan (who later was up in court for assault against a female taxi driver). I was speaking to another passenger, the taximan butted in, and gave his opinion whether we liked it or not. I got out at my destination and he tried to rip me off. I called an alternative taxi company and asked what the price would be for the trip, they quoted me half the price. I told the taximan I would not be overcharged. He caught my bag of chips and slammed them into my face. (by the way he ended up being nigerian)

2. Again got into a taxi into town. Black driver. Took forever to pick me up. I asked him when I got into the cab why it took so long. He said he had just arrived into the country the previous night and was driving his cousins car. He then proceeded to ask me where various "well known" areas were.

3. I have personally seen black taxi drivers jump the rank, and squeeze in at the top of the rank When an Irish man gets out of his taxi to tell him there is a procedure, the white man gets abused up to the high hilt and called a racist for picking on the black taxi man. I have seen this on more than one occasion.

4. I now always make a point of getting into a reputable taxi company who knows where they are going, will issue receipts and has all their paperwork on hand. If I were to get attacked in the taxi at least then I could go back to the company and report the driver. Most of the black taxi men and some irish taxi drivers are "independent" Once you get in you better take their number, car reg, car type because if anything happens in these "indepdendent" taxis you have no come back unless you have ALL the details and description of the car and the driver (who is going to do this after a few drinks). Better safe than sorry.

and finally, I have no problem whatsoever in passing by 100 drivers until I get the one that I want to drive me home. I wouldn't go into a shop and buy the first item I saw, I have a choice. This applies to my taxi home also. Doesn't make me racist. People need to wise up.
    Alas it is racism. Which is not to say that what you say is not true (it might be, I don’t know). Neither is their anything wrong in principle with generalising, as you are doing, to help you make decisions. We all do this kind of pattern recognition all of the time, as we have to do when we have incomplete information, as is always the case.

Were I to say I do not like dark haired women, well good news for the brunettes no doubt, but otherwise no one would raise an eyebrow.

But were I to say I do not like dark skinned women then that would be racist*.

And it is because society has decided, with good reason, that permitting or encouraging negative generalisations on the basis of skin colour or race leads us to a bad place. And the use, or rather misuse, the word racism to describe this.

* Perhaps this personal preference example is not the best, but my point stands.

And I have personally seen white taxi drivers do the same.

Jumped ahead of black taxi drivers.

Then racially insult them.

Poor white man though eh.

I can't believe people are actually trying to legitimise racism. Pathetic.

lugha wrote: »
    Alas it is racism. Which is not to say that what you say is not true (it might be, I don’t know). Neither is their anything wrong in principle with generalising, as you are doing, to help you make decisions. We all do this kind of pattern recognition all of the time, as we have to do when we have incomplete information, as is always the case.

Were I to say I do not like dark haired women, well good news for the brunettes no doubt, but otherwise no one would raise an eyebrow.

But were I to say I do not like dark skinned women then that would be racist*.

And it is because society has decided, with good reason, that permitting or encouraging negative generalisations on the basis of skin colour or race leads us to a bad place. And the use, or rather misuse, the word racism to describe this.

* Perhaps this personal preference example is not the best, but my point stands.

so does mine - it is not racist. the incidences I experienced are true. if i am racist it would be against independent taxis and not a person, if you read my post properly.

also would like your opinion on the "Buy Irish, or Guaranteed Irish" which is rammed down our throats every day - is this racist. If so, then the racism starts at the top.

And I have personally seen white taxi drivers do the same.

Jumped ahead of black taxi drivers.

Then racially insult them.

Poor white man though eh.

are you the guy that said it was okay to hang black people years ago (a few posts back). I think you are majorly confused - try to be consistent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

I can't believe people are actually trying to legitimise racism. Pathetic.

You can't fault the jokes though.

are you the guy that said it was okay to hang black people years ago (a few posts back). I think you are majorly confused - try to be consistent

You cannot be serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

so does mine - it is not racist. the incidences I experienced are true.
    I don't doubt that. But to make negative generalisations about a race is racism, even if there is a whiff of truth about them.
    if i am racist it would be against independent taxis and not a person, if you read my post properly.

You said

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

For all the uproar on boards about that "Horrible chav English woman" on the tram abusing those immigrants, are we any better? Seems to be happening on a large scale in Ireland. This is shocking stuff, in this day and age Irish people are carrying on like this. I've often seen people avoid taxis because the drivers are black, and I'm ashamed to say I have friends at home who do the same. Are we inherently narrow minded? My own view of it was that Africa is an exploited corrupt sh*thole and we should at least try and offer some of them a better life.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/lsquoi-get-daily-racist-abuse-for-being-a-coloured-taxi-driverrsquo-2980239.html

If they have genuine cases of persecution, then yes. But we have absolutely no responsibility to them, nor do we have a duty to them. They should not be given preferential treatment over other Non EU people. If they want to come here, like them wait in line like everyone else and apply for work permits. Not come here via frivolous asylum claims and anchor babies.

For those that are legally here, they should not be entitled to preferential treatment, be treated like everyone else, bar, as economic immigrants, they should be financially self sufficient and should not be relying on social welfare for a considerable period of time, like 2-3 years.

For those who work or are self employed, the fact that they are not Irish should not effect their rights and enjoyment of life in Ireland.

With regard to the taxi drivers, people have a choice to decide who they want to drive them home or not. Some Africans still think they are in Africa, or worse, behave in a far worse manner than they would if they were in Africa while in Ireland.Some of bad reputations. Some don't speak English to a level that you would trust. Some are not even the same taxi drivers that are on the cards. Stuff like that Prime Time Special on Taxi Drivers, many of whom happened to have been Black Immigrants, does not give them a good reputation, in spite of the valid criticism of generalization.

Some people believe in charity begins at home. But again, some people are genuinely narrow minded.

Some believe that most of these people, particularly of a certain nation lied and cheated to get in. It has nothing to do with race, and the very fact someone bandies that about is a clear indication that their argument is weak.

That said, most immigrants who do come here legally or are now legal, do get a lot of bad stick, due to the actions of a few.

Racist Ireland, you not think that is a tad bit generalized?. Just because you know a few people of that belief. The recent urge to brand as racist anything that does not bode well with the PC/Official Ireland is becoming a bit of a badge of honor and meaningless phrase. Watch, however, when strong governmental statistics are put to these people, as support for a argument, they have nothing to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

Show Time wrote: »
    Not in Cork thankfully.

And as i said on page 3 i would sooner take a cab where the driver knows where he is going and won't take me out the South Ring road on a tour of the city.

I dont think I am racist but perhaps I am Xenophobia. I have worked with many races in their own countries as an employee or equal, I don have issues and made good friends.

However,
    I like it when the person on the other side of the counter can interact with me.
    I prefer to give the work to the local person to clean my windows as I figure he'll still be there next time.
    And at least I feel that when the TAXI driver has a Dub accent he'll know where he is going. My address is not on most GPS and incorrect on google maps.

I dont think I'm alone we like to know where people come from and we still suffer from Nepotism.

I dont think the Aficans or Eastern Europeans are any different they want to employee their friends, relatives or country men first for the same reason.

mikemac1 wrote: »

The amount of people that posts went over the head of. :D
    so does mine - it is not racist. the incidences I experienced are true. if i am racist it would be against independent taxis and not a person, if you read my post properly.

also would like your opinion on the "Buy Irish, or Guaranteed Irish" which is rammed down our throats every day - is this racist. If so, then the racism starts at the top.

Buy Irish doesn't discriminate on skin color which many on this and other threads have said they do discriminate on.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Buy Irish doesn't discriminate on skin color which many on this and other threads have said they do discriminate on.

you obviously thing racism is a black and white issue. You need to read up on what racism actually is :rolleyes:

you obviously thing racism is a black and white issue. You need to read up on what racism actually is :rolleyes:

It depends on how far you take the nationality part of racism! The EU for example doesn't allow a Government sponsored Guaranteed Irish scheme because it's anti-competitive, not racist. There was a campaign recently along similar lines organised by private retailers and manufacturers. You should write a complaint if its still going on, if it annoys you so much.

The problem I have with is, if every country starts doing it............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JFlah

Oh jesus.

Interesting view , but lets see, so what if the non irish taxi driver wants his entire fare he is entitled to it do u expect all businesses to round charges down in your favour?

As regards taxi drivers in Dublin , I,m a non local but have enough knowledge to know my way around have had 4 experiences of IRISH drivers upon hearing my non Dublin accent take off on a tour of the city until i set them straight on the most direct route and in general have found them rude and in lots of cases ignorant , any non national driver i have used has always been straight up and fair and had a conversation if I wanted one not inflicted their opinions on me . Having said that I am assuming there are good and bad from every nationality but to say that black drivers are more likely to diddle the fare is simply wrong!!

The amount of people that posts went over the head of. :D

also, would love to know your thoughts on the

No Blacks
    No Dogs
    No Irish

slogans.

Was that only racist to the black people , not the white people? It could never be racist towards white people, after all, it was white people posting it up.

again, you really need to understand racism before you start calling people racists. A "racist" in your mind, is more than likely not a racist at all. You probably just don't have the experience of what is and what is not racism.

Also a black man attacking a white person is just as bad as a white person attacking a black person. I have to laugh at people who automatically defends the black person after reading about an incident , conveniently forgetting that in a lot of cases the white person is not the aggressor.

read up, travel more, and learn a little

• Advertisement

also, would love to know your thoughts on the

No Blacks
    No Dogs
    No Irish

slogans.

Was that only racist to the black people , not the white people? It could never be racist towards white people, after all, it was white people posting it up.

again, you really need to understand racism before you start calling people racists. A "racist" in your mind, is more than likely not a racist at all. You probably just don't have the experience of what is and what is not racism.

Also a black man attacking a white person is just as bad as a white person attacking a black person. I have to laugh at people who automatically defends the black person after reading about an incident , conveniently forgetting that in a lot of cases the white person is not the aggressor.

read up, travel more, and learn a little

How you got all that from my post is amazing. Aren't you quite the presumptuous one.

There was a sign in a town near me in the 70's saying no Catholics. Does that make a buy Protestant produce scheme sectarian? Yep, it's discrimination based on religion.

A no Irish sign in England is discriminatory. A sign saying to buy British beef isn't! If I choose to buy Irish beef over British, does that make me racist?

As for the white man thing, it depends on individual circumstances.

Think about things a little more.

It depends on how far you take the nationality part of racism! The EU for example doesn't allow a Government sponsored Guaranteed Irish scheme because it's anti-competitive, not racist. There was a campaign recently along similar lines organised by private retailers and manufacturers. You should write a complaint if its still going on, if it annoys you so much.

The problem I have with is, if every country starts doing it............

What? a few posts ago you said racism is decided on a person skin, now you are again changing goalposts to suit yourself? You seem to have NO idea what racism is all about. You need to educate yourself.

Now I'm going off to cook some "truly Irish" rashers and sausages. :rolleyes:

A no Irish sign in England is discriminatory. A sign saying to buy British beef isn't! If I choose to buy Irish beef over British, does that make me racist?

LOL, and if I get into an Irish company's taxi, instead of an "independent" one, does that make me racist.

Goalpost changing again K-9 - you haven't a clue :D

LOL, and if I get into an Irish company's taxi, instead of an "independent" one, does that make me racist.

Yes if you base your choice on skin colour.

Which you already said you would.

Not exactly sharp are you?

What? a few posts ago you said racism is decided on a person skin, now you are again changing goalposts to suit yourself? You seem to have NO idea what racism is all about. You need to educate yourself.

Now I'm going off to cook some "truly Irish" rashers and sausages. :rolleyes:

Nope, no goal posts moved. I've said buying Irish isn't racist, anti competitive yes and probably self defeating if other countries do it. Preferring to eat an Irish cow over a British one is a matter of taste. Extending that policy to people's skin color, the essence of racism is. Same as saying I wont buy meat in that butcher because he uses Protestant farmers.

As I said think about things more. More than 2 minutes anyway!

Right so what exactly is your opinion on buying Irish seeing as you brought it up? And how does that extend to getting into an Irish mans taxi. How do you know an Irish taxi? What criteria do you use?

Nope, no goal posts moved. I've said buying Irish isn't racist, anti competitive yes and probably self defeating if other countries do it. Preferring to eat an Irish cow over a British one is a matter of taste. Extending that policy to people's skin color, the essence of racism is. Same as saying I wont buy meat in that butcher because he uses Protestant farmers.

As I said think about things more. More than 2 minutes anyway!

Right so what exactly is your opinion on buying Irish seeing as you brought it up? And how does that extend to getting into an Irish mans taxi. How do you know an Irish taxi? What criteria do you use?

skin colour.

skin colour.

Wonder who works in those Irish meat factories he gets his Irish sausages from? Head f*ck time!

Wonder who works in those Irish meat factories he gets his Irish sausages from? Head f*ck time!

You can joke but I had a bad experience with a chicken breast packed by a black man once.
    Never eating chicken prepared by any black man ever again.

What one black man does today, they all do tomorrow. An absolute menace.

Yes if you base your choice on skin colour.

Which you already said you would.

Not exactly sharp are you?

I think my exact words were

Most of the black taxi men and some irish taxi drivers are "independent"

look its all very well picking out what you want to read, but unless you have the FULL story and are not just looking to point score, then it comes across as you not having a clue. Oh, you still did not reply to your post "it was okay to hang blacks in the past". ARe you conveniently omiting replying to that also, cause it doesn't suit your agenda.

listen lads, come back when you have done a bit of living and educated yourselves a bit more. Until then I'm afraid you are only spouting nonsense. The facts are there if you chose to take the blinkers off. If not, well, hope the goalposts are to heavy for ye. :D

• Advertisement

skin colour.

wrong, it's because it says "truly Irish" on the side of the car - same as on the sausages. ;)

Advertisement