Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

One step ahead of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Siobhang4

ferike1 wrote: »
    One step ahead of you.

I can't figure out how to access them.. do i have to sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 whytenc

Siobhang4 wrote: »
    Would you be able to send me the kPI's by industry. would be a great help as i don't have anything on this. and also the checklist of main points to consider..

Should get P/E ratio by industry incase they don't supply it... notice they did this in some cases..

Would love that KPI list by industry if you have it in softcopy by any chance?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 Bobby Dazzles

It didn't work for me Ferike...can you resend please?

Cheers man.

EDIT: Sorted - Thanks for your help!!!

Yeah you have to sign up I think. Worth it though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭froggatt2011

cat2011 wrote: »
    That seems like a really good system, I'm really not that sorted yet- still trying to finish the cases then need to get files in order. It makes sense to have solns divided n subjects but not sure if I'll have time to get back through and analyse them! For the KPIS for random industries- did u get those from somewhere or just make yourself? What website did u get discount/annuity tables from as suppose that's quicker than going to finance book. Are you NI Tax? I'm really struggling with it so tips of what you've put in tax tables would be good, thanks. Sorry for all the questions and need for help!
    Ps any idea of pages you got tips for planning from? Thank you so much! Or if you don't mind sending KPIS and planning tips and any other info would be great. Thanks
    Siobhang4 wrote: »
    Would you be able to send me the kPI's by industry. would be a great help as i don't have anything on this. and also the checklist of main points to consider..

Should get P/E ratio by industry incase they don't supply it... notice they did this in some cases..

Hey guys. KPIs I'm sure I picked up either on this thread or the 2011 thread but I can't find them and I don't have a saved copy. Can yous take a rifle through and see if you can find them? Otherwise I'll scan what I have and post when I get a chance later.

The checklist again I just put together from points people raised here over the past week. I'm sure if you went through you could pick out what you think is relevant. I made a list of things I know I always forget to link or to include and I ripped it from the posts on here. It's a bloody long list so you might be better off doing your own.

Unfortunately I didn't save either of these, just printed them straight off as soon as I'd done them. Happy to scan later, just haven't got the time at the mo.

Annuity and present value tables: http://www.cimaglobal.com/Documents/Student%20docs/2010%20syllabus%20docs/P1/P1%20Performance%20Operations%20tables%202010%20syllabus.pdf

For NI tax I downloaded the tax data cards for 2011/12 and 2012/13 from PwC:
    http://www.pwc.co.uk/assets/pdf/2011-budget-datacard.pdf
    http://www.pwc.com/im/en/assets/document/budget-2012-tax-datacard-2012.pdf

Does this help?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

Industry specific KPI's from 2011 thread!

figrolls wrote: »
    Industry specific KPI's from 2011 thread!

Excellent! That's what I was on about :D

Just wondering does anybody have any notes which simplifiy WACC calculations or know the best place to study it from??

the whole idea of calculating WACC has always confused me and Im terrified that we'll get some meaty computation on it involving pref shares, confertible debentures and all the rest!

Thanks for any help anybody can give!!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Szewinska

some great notes going up here. cheers all for doing this. annoying little question for ye
    in building fixes case study. in the imp indicator how does one work out the 144k if debtor days reduced by one day. i keep getting 100k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭chursy

Anybody has done up a list of tax reliefs , would you please please be able to share it everyone !

I am a strong believer in Karma.

I have helped a lot of people here today.

Now the universe will be kind and help me pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 faer2203

Would you be able to send to me aswel ferike1, would appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Siobhang4

I've signed up but still can't see any notes!! can anyone that has figured it out give me step by step on how to access the notes..

7upfree wrote: »
    Attachment not found.

Hopefully I have done this right.

This is a List of all the different indicators and what papers they have come up on. This was passed onto me by someone who did FAE last year so it doesn't include the 2011 actual paper. I have all the solutions in a folder and going to stick this in the front of the folder. Hopefully won't need it but no harm to have it just incase.

I then just have a condensed folder with notes for each subject. Possibly bring the tax and IMS book.

I think having too much on the day can be as bad as not having enough.

Wow mate you have a put a lot of work into that! Thanks.

Where is says 'excellent' is that because the solution is excellent, or you just love the subject so much? :P

I'm properly scared now though. Eeek :eek:

Congratulations Ferike1

The Institute have decided to offer you a position as Paul Monahan's assistant.

22k a year plus free Locust coffee and Brilliant Bee honey for life.

Its actually shocking the amount of paper that's required for FAE's

books and notes and exam papers and half of it is less than useless

If I pass im going to give some of my passing bonus to a forestry charity or something - and then burn all the books!

You deserve it, you've played a blinder!

Congratulations Ferike1

Nah, they wouldn't want me. I am 'working' for the 'enemy' :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Ex 88

You deserve it, you've played a blinder!

Feeling left out what are these notes?

• Advertisement

Congratulations Ferike1

Don't do it mucker. He will nick all your ideas and present them to the Board as his own.

My advice? (For free - no need to thank me.) Set up your own online grinds college - just as a hobby mind you. We all know chartered accountants' hobbies turn over 10s of thousands per year.
    You will be able to design your own strategic plan, advise yourself on the best way to market your site, and also what kind of systems you should use. You can write your own job description and advise yourself on disciplinary action should you totally balls it all up and spend most of your time in the pub instead of working round the clock. Heck you can even draw your own logo!

Paul Monahan may well end up coming to work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LR987654

Anyone got a summary of the hot topics for IMP, had no idea what SaaS was in the mock, kind of easy really once I knew hat it actually was.

Anyway, I honestly don't know how useful this stuff will be! If you have been stuck on a technical area it is worthwhile checking out.

Guys I've added my extra notes on simpler financial accounting. It covers areas left out by my advanced notes. EPS and others.

I hope one of the industrys that comes up is cake making - with the amount of the damned stuff I've eaten in self pity trying to study for these exams its my number one area of expertise at this stage!

LR987654 wrote: »
    Anyone got a summary of the hot topics for IMP, had no idea what SaaS was in the mock, kind of easy really once I knew hat it actually was.

Social networking? Implications of employees saying stupid sh*t on twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

Guys I've added my extra notes on simpler financial accounting. It covers areas left out by my advanced notes. EPS and others.

Hi ferike1, just wondering where you've this posted? Cheers!!

Or accountants "rating" their colleagues?

On second thoughts that would never happen...

Wikipedia has great info on cloud computing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_computing#Service_models

Our IMP book is dreadful and very out of date.

There shouldn't even be a book tbh. This changes so fast that all content should be in digitial format for quick updating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

Anyone else getting frustrated with how subjective the solutions are? It's killing me, I feel like I know a good bit and that I'm able to tackle the questions well but then I look at the solutions and they've taken a completely different approach :( getting nervous now!

Advertisement