Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭tomfoolery60

This is strange. I would have used 3.52 aswell. Not sure what is going on here.

I wouldn't get to stuck up on valuations in those cases, the solutions are not properly proofed it would seem and there may well be arithmetic errors, etc. (anyone remember how poor that CAP1 DEBK Toolkit was in 2009?!).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 Bobby Dazzles

Brilliant Bee has assets of €17.756m (fixed assets of €2.512m plus current assets of €15.244m).

It has liabilities of €14.236m (current liabilities of €7.636m plus non current bank loan of €3m plus long term debenture loan of €3.6m).

The assets less the liabilities are €3.52m which equals the issued share capital plus the retained earnings (€10k plus €3.51m respectively).

But the solution days that the company's net assets are €7.12m?! It's like it ignores the long term debenture loan. Can't see why it would do that.

This is strange. I would have used 3.52 aswell. Not sure what is going on here.

It must be an error.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cat2011

Hey guys. KPIs I'm sure I picked up either on this thread or the 2011 thread but I can't find them and I don't have a saved copy. Can yous take a rifle through and see if you can find them? Otherwise I'll scan what I have and post when I get a chance later.

The checklist again I just put together from points people raised here over the past week. I'm sure if you went through you could pick out what you think is relevant. I made a list of things I know I always forget to link or to include and I ripped it from the posts on here. It's a bloody long list so you might be better off doing your own.

Unfortunately I didn't save either of these, just printed them straight off as soon as I'd done them. Happy to scan later, just haven't got the time at the mo.

Annuity and present value tables: http://www.cimaglobal.com/Documents/Student%20docs/2010%20syllabus%20docs/P1/P1%20Performance%20Operations%20tables%202010%20syllabus.pdf

For NI tax I downloaded the tax data cards for 2011/12 and 2012/13 from PwC:
    http://www.pwc.co.uk/assets/pdf/2011-budget-datacard.pdf
    http://www.pwc.com/im/en/assets/document/budget-2012-tax-datacard-2012.pdf

Does this help?

Thank you. Thats brill!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭froggatt2011

cat2011 wrote: »
    Thank you. Thats brill!

KPIs were attached earlier by Figrolls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

I don't mind EPS, just hope diluted doesn't come up.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the help.

In the meantime i've just bought a lottery ticket- £8.6m jackpot would take the pressure off a bit!

If I won the lotto I bet I would totally pass the exams because all pressure would be off. I'd probably place. Rofl

ferike1 wrote: »

Any good qs/cases to do on EPS? I havent looked at it in weeks- always find it confusing!

Look at the notes I sent you. Numbered 2. Page 351 ;)

Any good qs/cases to do on EPS? I havent looked at it in weeks- always find it confusing!

I'm out at the moment but there's a case in the Derry Cotter book which is good. Think that there are only two IAS33 questions in the book. It's the one near the end of the book.

• Advertisement

Look at the notes I sent you. Numbered 2. Page 351 ;)

Thanks, i havent had a chance to look at them yet. Think ill do some reading this evening and try to get up to speed. Are there certain areas of FR that you think are more likely to come up than others? I know the institute like to be obscure and kick ball out of park so could be anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

I wouldn't get to stuck up on valuations in those cases, the solutions are not properly proofed it would seem and there may well be arithmetic errors, etc. (anyone remember how poor that CAP1 DEBK Toolkit was in 2009?!).

That toolkit was legendary for the amount of mistakes in it. The Institute got an absolute berating for that mess. And they haven't learned a thing it seems...

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭froggatt2011

Liam the CGS tutor said that EPS and agriculture were unlikely to come up in any big way, everything else is fair game, but don't quote him on the first two.

Basically, know everything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

dee359 wrote: »
    Would really appreciate if u could send on the notes!! Thanks ferike!

Me too please if you don't mind? Thanks a mill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eiriu

If I won the lotto I bet I would totally pass the exams because all pressure would be off. I'd probably place. Rofl

Do a mock exam to give u confidence, you need to be cool and calm on the day. Don' t rush there s actually enough time in the exam.

I did last year's mock. Brilliant Bee. Opposite effect of instilling confidence Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

The panic is really starting to kick in now!

I feel like I know nothing and dont know where the last couple of months have gone. Just realised I dont know nearly as much for my elective than I thought I did....

I think I'll just give up now!

I feel exactly the same re knowing nothing! And this time next week ill be cramming elective!
    Just wondering did anyone ever find the mgmt cases Paul Monaghan went on about- DAYMOO and VORTESS? Ive been through the old papers and couldnt see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

I'm getting very lazy. My books are looking at me but I won't look at them. Maybe we'll get back together in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eiriu

I did last year's mock. Brilliant Bee. Opposite effect of instilling confidence Lol!

"when your going through hell- keep going" - Winston Churchill

• Advertisement

I've reached this weird Zen type state where I know that I haven't worked nearly as hard as I should and I know that there are serious gaps in my knowledge, but I feel ready to fight...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dee359

I've reached this weird Zen type state where I know that I haven't worked nearly as hard as I should and I know that there are serious gaps in my knowledge, but I feel ready to fight...

Feeling the exact same! Thought I'd be panicking more, I'm even telling everybody that I feel 'ready'! But there's actually loads I don't know! Think I just have enough of it now!!

I'm out at the moment but there's a case in the Derry Cotter book which is good. Think that there are only two IAS33 questions in the book. It's the one near the end of the book.

It's Part 1 of the Campbell case...the last case in the Derry Cotter case book.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭okdune

dee359 wrote: »
    Feeling the exact same! Thought I'd be panicking more, I'm even telling everybody that I feel 'ready'! But there's actually loads I don't know! Think I just have enough of it now!!

DITTO!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 haribo12

Does anyone know is there a contribution per limiting factor in the management case study book ??? Know there's an indicator in the mock comp 2012

Would appreciate a dig out

Thanks

How are the notes?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭notanocelot

7upfree wrote: »
    Attachment not found.

Hopefully I have done this right.

This is a List of all the different indicators and what papers they have come up on.

That's brilliant! Just what I need for these past few days since I decided there's no real way to study IMP other than practice (cause the materials are rubbish).

Guys note this spreadsheet is case studies, mocks, everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

My sentiments exactly. I know that I havent done enough, I've barely looked at the Resource Pack cases, but I just have this strange sense of readiness. I think that's the weird thing about FAE, you can only do so much for it. At the end of the day, if the right case comes up, we'll all be ok and if it doesn't, well, in the words of the great Johnny Logan - "what's another year?"

• Registered Users Posts: 7 FAE _Wex

Hi Ferike1 would you be able to send me your notes also please?
    I have attached my breakdown of the indicators per cases, it might not be as good as the one uploaded earlier though but it has the mock and last years exam. Thanks for all the help on this over the last few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭danko2012

Hi Ferike,
    any chance of forward those notes please?
    altho not a poster an avid follower and everyone on here has really helped me along! best of luck to all, we'll need it!

Advertisement