Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoronaVirus in dogs

• 19-01-2012 1:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭

Im just looking for someone who has first hand experience of dealing with coronavirus..

Just after christmas, our pup became very ill. Vomiting and diahorrea, disorientated. Brought her to the vets, they gave her injections and she had no temperature so they sent her home. That night she took a turn for the worse and was brought straight back. She was about 12 weeks old just due her 2nd vaccine. She stayed in the vets for 2 days on drip and antibiotics but the vomiting returned and they couldnt stop it. She started having seizures and was put to sleep. This all happened in the space of 72 hours.

I told the vets I had another pup in the house, was told to watch her carefully and after 3 weeks should be ok to foster again.

Pup was fine all along until monday morning (19 days after the first pup died). I woke up and she was like a ragdoll, no vomiting or diahorrea. She was all wobbly when walking would fall over and couldnt get back up. I rushed her straight to the vets. She had gone into organ failure it was too late. In the space of 2 hours she was gone..

Im still in shock to be honest.... I have cleaned the house a million times over. I am now terrified of my other dogs getting it. I have 4 dogs here between 6 months and 2 years old. They are all fully vaccinated. I am most worried about the youngest one and the oldest one as she is the smallest and weakest.

In my case it seems to be that the time symptoms show it was too late.

I guess im just looking for someone else who has actually been through it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ah god that's terrible!! You poor thing! :(

BTW what are you using to clean/disinfect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Bleach, Milton, Dettol anything else I can find ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

If you want a few sachets of Virkon i could probably send you some if you PM me.

Info here
    Virkon,.pdf

Advertisement