Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linksys E4200 problem on Vodafone

Options
  • 15-02-2012 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I currently have a home phone and broadband package through Vodafone. I recently bought the Cisco E4200 router, but it will not connect to the internet. My standard Vodafone router works fine, but when I connect the new Cisco router I can only get LAN access. I have put in all the correct settings, as advised in forums, but still nothing.
    I noticed that when I have the Cisco router plugged in, my DECT phone does not work either. I contacted Vodafone and they said it seemed to be the phone line into my house. If it was that I'd imagine the Vodafone router would not have worked.
    Anyone else out there come across this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

thats not a dsl router.

you are prob connecting the phone line to the "internet" port which is an ethernet port - that's why the phone is not working.

you can:
    1 - just use your VF router or
    2 - connect the cisco "internet" port to one of the lan ports on the VF router

Advertisement