Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB website problem?

• 24-03-2012 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭

Im trieing to apply for the apprenticship with the esb. But it wont allow me to enter my D.O.B its saying to use the date picker, But there is only a space where you can type it in. Ive tryed 22041993, 22/04/1993 and 22-04-1993. but it just wont work.

im totally lost and i need to apply for this position by tomorrow. :(

Please can anyone help?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,479 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is this where you are applying? If it isn't, post the link where you are applying.

What internet browser and operating system are you using? It may be that the website isn't compatible with some of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Victor wrote: »
    Is this where you are applying? If it isn't, post the link where you are applying.

What internet browser and operating system are you using? It may be that the website isn't compatible with some of them.

Yup thats the correct website.

BB- O2 mobile broadband (Its the usb stick)
    Internet provider- Internet exporer.

this is a print screen of whats happening to me. :(

Attachment not found.

Notice how im able to type in "222222222" It lets me type in anything.

Theres no calender appearing for me.

what can I try next?

Thanks so much for the help so far.

EDIT: I downloaded google chrome and it worked then.

So I applied for the position with ESB.

Thanks very much for you help victor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

will you tell them you have a boards account ?
    and what your name here is ?

neiphin wrote: »
    will you tell them you have a boards account ?
    and what your name here is ?

Dont exactly know what you mean by that.:confused:

I have ulready applied for it, But what I said was that Im a member of a online car forum as I enjoy working on cars and prefer practical tasks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭navangang

have you heard anything back from esb yet?

navangang wrote: »
    have you heard anything back from esb yet?

Ive heard apsolutly nothing, been cheaking my e-mails every day since I sent them my application. They said id hear in due time, that was in the e-mail i got the day I sent in my applicatin. But havent heard a wisper from them. :mad:

Did you applie for this mate?

Ive heard apsolutly nothing, been cheaking my e-mails every day since I sent them my application. They said id hear in due time, that was in the e-mail i got the day I sent in my applicatin. But havent heard a wisper from them. :mad:

Did you applie for this mate?
    Yep i applied the day it went up..Its recking my head,im dieing to know whats happening with it:mad:..Werent we meant to get an apptitude test or somethng?

Yep i applied the day it went up..Its recking my head,im dieing to know whats happening with it:mad:..Werent we meant to get an apptitude test or somethng?

Ah will you quite? , Im after checking my emails and nothing. The anger I feel when I go on and there is no e-mail recived. :mad::mad:

I honestly dont have a clue. But I hope not as I dident get any apptitude test. :(

Ah will you quite? , Im after checking my emails and nothing. The anger I feel when I go on and there is no e-mail recived. :mad::mad:

I honestly dont have a clue. But I hope not as I dident get any apptitude test. :(
    ye i've been checking my email everyday aswell and nothing..i might give them a call and see whats happening because this is bulls**t.

• Advertisement

ye i've been checking my email everyday aswell and nothing..i might give them a call and see whats happening because this is bulls**t.

I know they have a good few application to go through and all that but jaysus. There as slow as fu(king christmas and its pi$$ing me right off. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 guemac

anyone do the test yet if so can u tell what its like i got a letter today for the online test:D

guemac wrote: »
    anyone do the test yet if so can u tell what its like i got a letter today for the online test:D
    Same i got the letter aswell:D..im scared to do the test.ha

ye im like that too waiting for someone to do it and let me know whats in it

i got it aswell, But im going to sober up first before I do it. :)

Just done the aptitude test..found it hard enough,was useless at the shapes and one other task with shapes and changing positions...Was nervous as f**k doing ittongue.gif...ah well i've done it so now gotta wait and see if i did well(even tho i feel i didntredface.gif)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kerry man

Lads, I did the test today and I was half way through the apprenticeship aptitude test and I went into the logical reasoning part and it told me my internet connection failed so I clicked to go back, then that section of the test became blocked and I couldn't do that section. I was able to do every other part of the test however. I sent them an email telling my story. really worried I messed up my chance.

Anybody know what to do???

Kerry man wrote: »
    Lads, I did the test today and I was half way through the apprenticeship aptitude test and I went into the logical reasoning part and it told me my internet connection failed so I clicked to go back, then that section of the test became blocked and I couldn't do that section. I was able to do every other part of the test however. I sent them an email telling my story. really worried I messed up my chance.

Anybody know what to do???

That can happen alright, the best thing you can do is send an e-mail and explane what to the e-mail address they give you in the last e-mail they sent you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kerry man

That can happen alright, the best thing you can do is send an e-mail and explane what to the e-mail address they give you in the last e-mail they sent you.

ya thanks..must just wait now and see what they say back to me! hope they will let me do this part!

I thought however that the test was not too bad, got caught for time in a few sections, the cubes were the worst part!

anyone having trouble getting on to the website to do the
    ENGINEERING test i cant find it

• Advertisement

anyone having trouble getting on to the website to do the
    ENGINEERING test i cant find it

Type in www.esb.maptq to the url bar and it brings you straigt to the website.

I experienced problems with that test though. I completed the first 2 past and it brought me back to the main menu. It stated that I was no longer connected tot the internet, I linked reconnet or something similer displayed on the webpage. It then brought me back nto the menu of the 3 assesments in section B. It stated that section B was blocked. I cant acces it now. Did anyone experience anything similer to this?

Type in www.esb.maptq to the url bar and it brings you straigt to the website.

I experienced problems with that test though. I completed the first 2 past and it brought me back to the main menu. It stated that I was no longer connected tot the internet, I linked reconnet or something similer displayed on the webpage. It then brought me back nto the menu of the 3 assesments in section B. It stated that section B was blocked. I cant acces it now. Did anyone experience anything similer to this?
    i done that first test and had no problem with the internet connect it was the second test website i coundnt get on but got it know so im off to do that test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 limerickpeeps

well man have you done the test yet?? cant seem to access the aptitude web address??

tried it there and it worked

well man have you done the test yet?? cant seem to access the aptitude web address??
    did u get it to work

did u get it to work

Paste this into the url bar. []www.esb.maptq[] dont paste in the brackets.

Also you should be using an up-to-date web browser.

Paste this into the url bar. www.esb.maptq

Also you should be using an up-to-date web browser.
    thanks i have done both test now

• Registered Users Posts: 8 claudscloe

hi guys anyone have a problem logging in??

claudscloe wrote: »
    no i had no problem

• Advertisement

claudscloe wrote: »

Did you follow the exact instuctions form the e-mail the esb sent you?

Advertisement