Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Be Naughty - Meet local mingers in your area now..

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭Hijpo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

As amusing/perturbing/weird as these ads are, they're not *really* the kind of thing we want about the place so if anyone does spot dodgy ads like this, either drop me a PM with the ad URL (that's the only way we can block them) or post in this thread and I'll pass it onto the traffic manager.

Thanks,
    Nicola

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Swampy wrote: »
    /shudder

Why shudder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I think it was because we were talking about advertisements...and you began to talk publicly about what you masturbate about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Why shudder?

Mental image of a hermit type person ( not saying you are)in front of a computer whacking one out overmiddle aged fat housewife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Mental image of a hermit type person ( not saying you are)in front of a computer whacking one out overmiddle aged fat housewife.

He's got a couple of blow ups too apparently! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

They should rename that website easy singles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

As amusing/perturbing/weird as these ads are, they're not *really* the kind of thing we want about the place so if anyone does spot dodgy ads like this, either drop me a PM with the ad URL (that's the only way we can block them) or post in this thread and I'll pass it onto the traffic manager.

Thanks,
    Nicola

I guess that's the problem with using a third party system and getting left with their remnant banner stock. I'm on a UK IP address and I get a lot of those kind of banners.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I'm insulted now, well done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

You should all sub, then you see no ads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

clicked on the screenshots and now getting ads for skincare :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

On this thread I keep getting this ad.

It's of absolutely no use to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Palytoxin wrote: »
    All I see is Cycling ads and USA investment opportunities or some other shít

you a cycle enthusiast or been in the usa or been looking up stuff about the usa lately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

if u use firefox or chrome with adblock plus you dont need to sub and still see no ads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

ooh.. We have some new "Lovely Girls"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Does those two pics look to be of the same wan to you as well?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I keep getting ads for laser eye surgery. I had it done a few months back. I don't particularly want any more done right now.

Unless I could actually shoot lasers, thats one upgrade I would go for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

The adds are based on your browsing history. So the guy complaining about seeing pictures of 40 year old women will have been looking at something that will probably make him go blind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Are you advertising subscribing to boards? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Sindri wrote: »
    Boards is notorious for contextual advertising.

There was a thread here recently about mental illness and most of the ads were for counselling.

There was another thread for the grand national and the ads were for horse riding lessons or something like that.

Was on personal issues one night, wasnt loged in, and the post was someone explaining their strugles with alcoholism and how they were finding it hard to cope. Directly underneath was and ad for Jagermeister that said "Just Chill" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

I would.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I've an ad for state farm insurance.

Pffft, Geico for the win

"15 minutes can save you 15% or more on car insurance"

Advertisement