Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Achilles wrote: »
    Welp... here goes nothing!

How did you get on?
    Most homebrew you might have had probably isnt working but they just need to be re-signed with the 4.30 key. You can do it yourself or wait for updates to be released.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Re Car Boot sales, you have to be prepared to be patient with them, to visit regularly and early to get the good stuff.
    Otherwise, turning up at 12, anything of note will be sold.
    Avoid wet days tbh.
    Lately things are thin, mostly sh1te on the PS2, laser burned 360 games and overpriced Xboxes.
    It's been some months since I spotted a Megadrive or Snes game, even PS games are harder to locate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

antor wrote: »
    Got these at a car boot sale this morning :D

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.
    You'll never beat my €8 N64 with GoldenEye, rumblepak and extra memory pak and golden controller get! ;-)

Steve SI wrote: »

How did you get on?
    Most homebrew you might have had probably isnt working but they just need to be re-signed with the 4.30 key. You can do it yourself or wait for updates to be released.
    Grand, multi man works great and you don't have to keep running the patch all the time anymore.

Other emulators etc I deleted. Will download and resign myself at some point.

Nice to be able to use psn again though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

yeah car boot sales are very much luck of the draw, you could go through 10 of them an get nothing, then get a heap of good stuff at once.
    my best that I remember was Windwaker Limited Edition for GC for €1

• Advertisement

Achilles wrote: »
    You'll never beat my €8 N64 with GoldenEye, rumblepak and extra memory pak and golden controller get! ;-)

He got a Boxed 3DO with games for 10 quid. He definitely beat your 8 Euro N64 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I got a couple of bargins over the years but they were few and far between. A boxed 3do for a tenner is hard to beat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ntsc gamecube with games and gameboy player for a tenner.
    Also got Keio Flying Squadron plus XJ 220 for the Mega CD for another tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Ntsc gamecube with games and gameboy player for a tenner.
    Also got Keio Flying Squadron plus XJ 220 for the Mega CD for another tenner.

Reminds me when I bought a gamecube console on its own for €1 a couple years ago in a car boot... with the gameboy player attached and the disk inside.

I sold it on and I regret it since :D

Got my Apple I for about £50 a good few years ago (before the Euro).
    I've added a few small bits to it over the years to complete it and those bits cost a good few thousand but I think £50 for a 95 percent complete Apple I is probably the best deal I'll ever get :)
    It's worth a bit more than £50 now I think :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Got this a little while ago but only just got around to testing it out. Works a treat.

Desert Assault (Thunder Zone in Japan). Not quite as nice looking as Mercs, but still a lot of fun. Board is immaculate.

DesertAssault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got my Apple I for about £50 a good few years ago (before the Euro).
    I've added a few small bits to it over the years to complete it and those bits cost a good few thousand but I think £50 for a 95 percent complete Apple I is probably the best deal I'll ever get :)
    It's worth a bit more than £50 now I think :D

How much are they worth now? In the thousands or something isn't it?

Well, I am positively dizzy with all the MD games I am playing via the Everdrive MD, very nice indeed, so I spent my Halo 4 money on it, best decision by a mile!
    Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to Gleylancer!

How much are they worth now? In the thousands or something isn't it?

Well, it's worth quite a bit as its actually fully working. Plus Steve Wozniak is signing it at some stage before Christmas :)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/02/apple-i-auction-sothebys_n_1562894.html

Well, it's worth quite a bit as its actually fully working. Plus Steve Wozniak is signing it at some stage before Christmas :)

Are you sure you only have the one?:pac:

Well, I am positively dizzy with all the MD games I am playing via the Everdrive MD, very nice indeed, so I spent my Halo 4 money on it, best decision by a mile!
    Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to Gleylancer!

I knew you would see sense in the end.

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Are you sure you only have the one?:pac:

I'll ask the woz if he has a spare one I can have :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

My first retro purchases in many months, impulse buy from Da RAGE although have been meaning to add both to the collection for an age.

phTdN.jpg?1

Both complete, including the nifty instruction poster with Parappa.

TJ&E 2 is an odd one, purely as it is a platformer collect'em up, just a little tame compared to the bliss of TJ&E.
    But, at least it doesn't have the Poochy like presence of Latisha....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

TJ&E 2 is an odd one, purely as it is a platformer collect'em up, just a little tame compared to the bliss of TJ&E.
    But, at least it doesn't have the Poochy like presence of Latisha....

I have never played either - they're both out on the HD consoles on Wednesday, actually. Will pick up the original digitally and give the sequel a whirl on original hardware ;)

• Advertisement

I have a mate, no it's true I have friends outside of the gang here... well a friend at least..., and he has been playing TJ&E since it's release waaaayyyy back when god was in short pants and the Megadrive was new. He reckons it's one of the best games ever.
    But then his judgement isn't always the best, he also loves 688 Attack Sub and knows the Russian script off by heart.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

TJ&E really is wonderful. I can't think of another game that makes rogue-likes so accessible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

keithgeo wrote: »
    Nice haul, especially if the price was good! Picked up this at a car boot this morning myself for 10 quid. Im pretty sure the power supply is wrong, looks like they just stuck two in the box, any saturn owners let me know??

IMG_3516.jpg

IMG_3517.jpgpsu

IMG_3519.jpg
    Power supply for an old AST pc speaker set? Logo's the same? And back when I sold em years ago when I worked for harry moores they were the only things ast did with that kind of psu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Power supply for an old AST pc speaker set? Logo's the same? And back when I sold em years ago when I worked for harry moores they were the only things ast did with that kind of psu?

You just need a two pin kettle lead, the psu is internal in the Saturn :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

EnterNow wrote: »
    You just need a two pin kettle lead, the psu is internal in the Saturn :)

ah yeah I'd say he worked it out !
    That ginormouse PSU was just included by mistake (you know the way it is , quite often you get 3-4 psus with 1 system as the seller has no idea which one works with it)

He got a Boxed 3DO with games for 10 quid. He definitely beat your 8 Euro N64 :)

Yeah but... the 3DO is shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

You won't be saying that as you're beaten over the head with one :)

I'll utter it with my dying breath. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

• Advertisement

Ahh... I believe we have reached the middle of the conversation...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement