Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom poll about to fall into my property

• 29-05-2012 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi there,
    When we built our house 3 years ago, there was an eircom telephone poll marked to be replaced just outside our property. This has never happened and despite trying to contact them only to be hung up on several times, it is now rotting at the base and has tilted into our property. what's worse is that we are not even a customer so they make it impossible for you to contact them. I have friends visit with their kids and we cant allow them to play out front just incase. It is ridiculous. How do I deal with this? I am 35 weeks pregnant and need a quick solution please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Pole pole !! :D

Why did they hang up on you? - e-mail Customer Services or snail mail them so as it's in writing that you warned them and requested the replacement of the pole.

Maybe some evening a rope might accidentally fall around it and the back of your car and gentle persuasion might ensue and then when the customer of theirs ring up to complain they have no service you might just then get a replacement pole outside, that's what I'd be doing if it kept falling on deaf ears and my children/property were at risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Put your concerns in a letter, emphasizing the potential danger to people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Is it in use or an old one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

vicwatson Please do not advocate the destruction of property that does not belong to you.

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

I hope there is nothing of value near it when it does go. It would be very unfortunate for Eircom to be responsible for damaging your property, when you have reported the issue a number of times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

eircom can be contacted here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1293

the have reps on boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

I find it hard to believe that someone hung up on you several times. If they did they would want to have a pretty good reason for it or they would be out the door. I had a number for the department that deals with this but cant seem to find it. If i do ill post it iup here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sibbysims

i would ring, go through all the options and then wait on hold for at least a half an hour and then I would get cut off. So infuriating. I have also emailed them and nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sibbysims

Thanks for all the help! I really was at my wits end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

sibbysims wrote: »
    i would ring, go through all the options and then wait on hold for at least a half an hour and then I would get cut off. So infuriating. I have also emailed them and nothing!

Ah right sorry i thought you got through to someone and they hung up on you. Best bet is to post in the eircom forum and one of the rep will help. I have number but its in work so ill pm it to on thurs

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

eircom normally charge €3500 to move a pole and the survey process takes 8 weeks after you pay them €350 for it. No exceptions.

Best thing to do is get the local paper photographer out and take a photo. If it was threatening to fall on the road the council _might_ do something....but it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Jim79

any photos of the problem pole?

dudara wrote: »
    vicwatson Please do not advocate the destruction of property that does not belong to you.

dudara

It was meant tongue in cheek, I'm sure the OP has already had those thoughts, I know that's what I'd be thinking, but not sure if I'd actually do it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Goto the Eircom forum, and ask for their legal teams phone number, as you fear for the lives of your children. Then ring them, explain your situation, and ask if they could perhaps remedy it by replacing the pole. Also remind them that if it does fall, you'll bill them for any damages that would occur, to your lawn, your wall, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Write to Mr Paul O'Donovan, C.E.O. Eircom, Telephone House, Marlborough St., Dublin, 1. Register the letter. When its addressed to him, he has to have sight of it. Hopefully he'll do more than that.

Write to Mr Paul O'Donovan, C.E.O. Eircom, Telephone House, Marlborough St., Dublin, 1. Register the letter. When its addressed to him, he has to have sight of it. Hopefully he'll do more than that.

And include photos if possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

That would be Paul Donovan who is no longer CEO, and Telephone House that eircom do not currently reside in - try 1 HSQ, DUblin 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

Put your concerns in a REGISTERED letter, emphasizing the potential danger to people.
    Then go and give the pole a shove. Better a controlled demolotion than when your kids are about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I have no objection to people adding the suggestion that the letter I proposed be sent by registered post (even though I have enough trust in the ordinary service, and rarely register formal letters). It is, however, not right to make the suggestion by changing my words.

And as for giving the pole a shove...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

I have no objection to people adding the suggestion that the letter I proposed be sent by registered post (even though I have enough trust in the ordinary service, and rarely register formal letters). It is, however, not right to make the suggestion by changing my words.

And as for giving the pole a shove...

Wont happen again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

If it's in the public realm it might also be worth putting call into your local council.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭mrjoneill

Simply call their repair service 1901, tell them of the dangerous state it’s in and the dangers it presents, sadly it seems to like many of the other installations the once proud Eircom now neglect or is seems incapable of looking after. You should also tell them you are recording the call and get the name of who answers your call and note the time and date of it. Failing that as with all public dangers it’s the Fire Services picks up the tab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Squ wrote: »
    Then go and give the pole a shove. Better a controlled demolotion than when your kids are about.

@Squ - I already issued a warning on this thread about the destruction of property.

dudara

Thread moved to Talk to eircom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

sibbysims wrote: »
    Hi there,
    When we built our house 3 years ago, there was an eircom telephone poll marked to be replaced just outside our property. This has never happened and despite trying to contact them only to be hung up on several times, it is now rotting at the base and has tilted into our property. what's worse is that we are not even a customer so they make it impossible for you to contact them. I have friends visit with their kids and we cant allow them to play out front just incase. It is ridiculous. How do I deal with this? I am 35 weeks pregnant and need a quick solution please.

Hi sibbysims,

Thanks for your post. This absolutely sounds like a clear case of dangerous hazard or repair fault.

Can you PM me with the details below and I will look into this and get back to you as quickly as possible :

Name :
    Address :
    Contact phone number :

Basic site detail:

Cheers,
    Ant

Advertisement